Sign in with
Your question

High temps on core i7 930 with V8 cooler

Last response: in CPUs
February 24, 2012 1:08:37 AM

gif image hosting

I previously had a Hyper 212 plus and almost had the same temps, is the Hyper 212 pus and V8 on par with each other?
When the CPU is at 90c, I noticed that when I place my hand at the rear fan of my case (Antec 902) the air coming out is not very hot, is it normal?
I am thinking of either the CPU temp readings are wrong OR the cpu heat is not being chanelled efficiently through the heatsink.
a c 185 à CPUs
February 24, 2012 1:44:55 AM

Use a different software.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
February 24, 2012 5:17:19 AM

Put your hand next to your CPU/Mobo and see how it feels. :) 
m
l
February 24, 2012 12:34:51 PM

davcon said:
Imo the 212+ is the better cooler.
No the air won't be noticeably hot or even that warm exiting the 902 from the rear exhaust.
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-r...

I think I just wasted money and effort in replacing my Hyper 212 plus. I spent almost double the price of the Hyper 212 and didn't get any improvement. I should have just bought the V6GT or spend more money and bought the NH-d14 instead.
m
l
a c 120 à CPUs
February 24, 2012 12:53:22 PM

darkstar845 said:
I think I just wasted money and effort in replacing my Hyper 212 plus. I spent almost double the price of the Hyper 212 and didn't get any improvement. I should have just bought the V6GT or spend more money and bought the NH-d14 instead.

Yep both those coolers are noticeable upgrades.
Ya live ya learn.
Nice oc though!
m
l
February 25, 2012 12:02:40 AM

I am a little worried about buying another cooler because if I will buy another cooler, I hope that I could carry it over to my next build which will be Haswell. I don't want to upgrade to the upcoming Ivy bridge. I know it will be a big improvement but my upgrade would be much worth it if I skipped sandy and ivy bridge.
m
l
a c 120 à CPUs
February 25, 2012 12:21:11 AM

darkstar845 said:
I am a little worried about buying another cooler because if I will buy another cooler, I hope that I could carry it over to my next build which will be Haswell. I don't want to upgrade to the upcoming Ivy bridge. I know it will be a big improvement but my upgrade would be much worth it if I skipped sandy and ivy bridge.

I agree with you with regards to your current platform = no reason to upgrade atm.
If you bought a Noctua cooler retention hardware is supplied for free when new platforms are released.
m
l
!