Sign in with
Your question

Lucid Virtu MVP Trial? Why? I bought the mobo!!! help!

Last response: in Motherboards
December 30, 2012 8:07:01 AM

Hello, I bought a z68 (asus p8z68 v pro)which came with lucid virtu (original version) then I updated the bios and everything and it now supports virtu mvp so I updated to virtu mvp, but it is in trial mode? What the hell? I tried going to the "buy" section of the virtu website but it says that you basically have to buy the motherboards (which I did...).

So I was thinking is it possible to maybe get a non-trial version from the ASUS site for another motherboard that originally came with the virtu mvp?

Also, I bought a ASRock z77 Extreme4 and when I installed the virtu mvp that it came with, it gives me an error of "wrong video card configuration" at windows start up. I have a SLI, and I read It is not compatible with it (hyperformance and virtual vsync), but I only want to be able to use intel quick sync (GPU virtualization). So why is it crashing at start up?
December 30, 2012 8:23:37 AM

Don't forget to install Intel graphic drivers for the integrated GPU HD 3000/4000.
Otherwise, it won't work.
m
l
February 3, 2013 2:35:09 PM

MVP only works on the z68 chipset for 30 days to try and coax you into buying a new mobo. Some people have hacked the BIOS to make MVP work on the z68 but I haven't yet.

As for the z77 I have no idea.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b V Motherboard
February 3, 2013 5:49:33 PM

Oropher said:
MVP only works on the z68 chipset for 30 days to try and coax you into buying a new mobo. Some people have hacked the BIOS to make MVP work on the z68 but I haven't yet.

What a bunch of garbage! If something works for 30 days, it must be compatible and only have an artificial limit. There should be no reason to buy a new board.
m
l
March 21, 2013 9:59:59 PM

smeezekitty said:
Oropher said:

What a bunch of garbage! If something works for 30 days, it must be compatible and only have an artificial limit. There should be no reason to buy a new board.

doesn not make sense, hack the bios to get the full version? buy another mother so you can have it free? this just might be the last asus board im buying over all these years all i had was asus, but this type of marketing is illegal, nowhere on the box said trail for virtu!!!
m
l
!