Launching a browser window on booting automatically

Hi,

I am a newbie and would like to know if it is possible to
launch Internet Explorer automatically on booting up with
windows xp.

cheers
8 answers Last reply
More about launching browser window booting automatically

    In programs - startup folder put a shortcut to IE.

    "jayzzee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am a newbie and would like to know if it is possible to
    > launch Internet Explorer automatically on booting up with
    > windows xp.
    >
    > cheers

    Configuring a program to run at Windows startup:
    http://www.winxptutor.com/startup.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Window XP Shell/User

    "jayzzee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    Hi,

    I am a newbie and would like to know if it is possible to
    launch Internet Explorer automatically on booting up with
    windows xp.

    cheers

    Hi,

    I have given this a try as I think it could be useful, but to no effect. I
    am on a networked pc, the path to my startup folder, following the above
    instructions (and links) is:

    C:\Documents and Settings\myname\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

    I am using XP, I have tried this on my own home pc which use the ME os

    any ideas?

    "Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

    > Configuring a program to run at Windows startup:
    > http://www.winxptutor.com/startup.htm
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Window XP Shell/User
    > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >

    > "jayzzee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am a newbie and would like to know if it is possible to
    > launch Internet Explorer automatically on booting up with
    > windows xp.
    >
    > cheers

    Have you placed a shortcut to iexplore.exe in the Startup folder and it does
    not work?

    Open Registry Editor and navigate to:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
    Shell Folders

    What is the value assigned to 'Startup' (in the right-pane)

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Window XP Shell/User

    "Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

    > Configuring a program to run at Windows startup:
    > http://www.winxptutor.com/startup.htm
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Window XP Shell/User
    > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >

    > "jayzzee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am a newbie and would like to know if it is possible to
    > launch Internet Explorer automatically on booting up with
    > windows xp.
    >
    > cheers

    Hi ramesh,

    thanks for your help, but I can't find the Registry Editor

    "Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

    > Have you placed a shortcut to iexplore.exe in the Startup folder and it does
    > not work?
    >
    > Open Registry Editor and navigate to:
    >
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
    > Shell Folders
    >
    > What is the value assigned to 'Startup' (in the right-pane)
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Window XP Shell/User
    > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >

    > "charthis" <charthis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have given this a try as I think it could be useful, but to no effect. I
    > am on a networked pc, the path to my startup folder, following the above
    > instructions (and links) is:
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\myname\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    >
    > I am using XP, I have tried this on my own home pc which use the ME os
    >
    > any ideas?
    >
    > "Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    > > Configuring a program to run at Windows startup:
    > > http://www.winxptutor.com/startup.htm
    > >
    > > --
    > > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > > Window XP Shell/User
    > > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    > >

    > > "jayzzee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I am a newbie and would like to know if it is possible to
    > > launch Internet Explorer automatically on booting up with
    > > windows xp.
    > >
    > > cheers

    (Default) REG_SZ (Value not set)

    is what it says

    "Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

    > Have you placed a shortcut to iexplore.exe in the Startup folder and it does
    > not work?
    >
    > Open Registry Editor and navigate to:
    >
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
    > Shell Folders
    >
    > What is the value assigned to 'Startup' (in the right-pane)
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Window XP Shell/User
    > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >

    > "charthis" <charthis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have given this a try as I think it could be useful, but to no effect. I
    > am on a networked pc, the path to my startup folder, following the above
    > instructions (and links) is:
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\myname\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    >
    > I am using XP, I have tried this on my own home pc which use the ME os
    >
    > any ideas?
    >
    > "Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    > > Configuring a program to run at Windows startup:
    > > http://www.winxptutor.com/startup.htm
    > >
    > > --
    > > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > > Window XP Shell/User
    > > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    > >

    > > "jayzzee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I am a newbie and would like to know if it is possible to
    > > launch Internet Explorer automatically on booting up with
    > > windows xp.
    > >
    > > cheers

    What is the value assigned to 'Startup' (in the right-pane)

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Window XP Shell/User
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

    "charthis" <charthis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    (Default) REG_SZ (Value not set)

    is what it says

    "Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

    > Have you placed a shortcut to iexplore.exe in the Startup folder and it
    > does
    > not work?
    >
    > Open Registry Editor and navigate to:
    >
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
    > Shell Folders
    >
    > What is the value assigned to 'Startup' (in the right-pane)
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Window XP Shell/User
    > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >

    > "charthis" <charthis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have given this a try as I think it could be useful, but to no effect. I
    > am on a networked pc, the path to my startup folder, following the above
    > instructions (and links) is:
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\myname\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    >
    > I am using XP, I have tried this on my own home pc which use the ME os
    >
    > any ideas?
    >
    > "Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    > > Configuring a program to run at Windows startup:
    > > http://www.winxptutor.com/startup.htm
    > >
    > > --
    > > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > > Window XP Shell/User
    > > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    > >

    > > "jayzzee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I am a newbie and would like to know if it is possible to
    > > launch Internet Explorer automatically on booting up with
    > > windows xp.
    > >
    > > cheers

    Type regedit in Start Run

    http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html

    "charthis" <charthis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C26711D-5A72-41A3-87E9-16359FD462C2@microsoft.com...
    > Hi ramesh,
    >
    > thanks for your help, but I can't find the Registry Editor
    >

    > "Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    > > Have you placed a shortcut to iexplore.exe in the Startup folder and it does
    > > not work?
    > >
    > > Open Registry Editor and navigate to:
    > >
    > > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
    > > Shell Folders
    > >
    > > What is the value assigned to 'Startup' (in the right-pane)
    > >
    > > --
    > > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > > Window XP Shell/User
    > > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    > >

    > > "charthis" <charthis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have given this a try as I think it could be useful, but to no effect. I
    > > am on a networked pc, the path to my startup folder, following the above
    > > instructions (and links) is:
    > >
    > > C:\Documents and Settings\myname\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    > >
    > > I am using XP, I have tried this on my own home pc which use the ME os
    > >
    > > any ideas?
    > >
    > > "Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Configuring a program to run at Windows startup:
    > > > http://www.winxptutor.com/startup.htm
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > > > Window XP Shell/User
    > > > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    > > >

    > > > "jayzzee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > I am a newbie and would like to know if it is possible to
    > > > launch Internet Explorer automatically on booting up with
    > > > windows xp.
    > > >
    > > > cheers

Configuration Internet Explorer Browsers Microsoft Customization Windows XP