MSI- 870-G45 Won't post.

pedromendez

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
I went out and left my pc on at home last night for 3 hours while i went to see a friend, the pc was on it's desktop and was downloading something in the background. When i got home the PC seemed to have been turned off. Whenever i try to turn it on now there is a little blue light that comes on (on the motherboard) for a split second and the CPU heatsink will spin for a split second. I have tried multiple different PSUs so i have come under the impression it is not a fault with the PSU, now i'm wondering if it is a fault with the motherboard or the CPU.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, i am not against replacing any of the party i would just rather know which piece it is i do actually have to replace.

PC specs
Msi - 870-G45
AMD Phenom II x6 1095T
2X2gb ram (tried just one stick and switching them around, still nothing)
radeon HD 6790
500GB HDD
550W psu + serveral others if need be.

Thank you so much guys.

Milt_07

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013

I have almost exactly the same problem. I have the same MSI motherboard with an x6 1090T processor, and it has been working OK for 1.5 years; the system crashed this morning, did a crash dump and shut off with the disk activity light stuck on. I couldn't get it to start up ... I've turned off the power supply, turned it back on, when I press the "start" button, a blue light on the MB flashes for an instant then nothing. The power supply doesn't fire up, fans don't spin, and no POST. I've checked the power supply and replaced it. No joy. I've moved the jumper to momentarily clear the CMOS, no help. The battery tests good.

Anyone have any thoughts, or has the MB gone south? Many thanks for any suggestions.