Upgrading to push pull config?

ubermonkey101

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Hey guys, im using an Asetek 510lc in a single fan configuration. Would it be possible to easily add on another fan (or buy two and replace the old one) to turn it it into a push pull configuration? I would like to do this so I can have better CPU cooling but also have a more powerful exhaust exystem to cool my GPU. Would it be easier to get something like the corsair H80?

It's hard to tell from the Asetek website.

If you look at your 510lc radiator you should be able to tell if you can attach a fan to BOTH sides. And your last fan would need to have mounting holes for the fan and the case.
The biggest challenge might be getting the right mounting hardware/screws.
asetek-cooler1.jpg

silverliquicity

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
I follow a simple rule when building a computer.
"If it looks like it fits, it probably does."

I can tell that you can put another 120mm fan on the other side, make sure you get the air flow the right way around. if you have then both pulling air from the rad you could damage the CPU with insufficient cooling.

@Joedastudd and frombehind,

you obviously went to the school of Moto, well done guys :)

@Op, it will be simple to do, just ensure your fans have screwholes both sides,
screw both fans to the rad blowing the same way (Exhaust I believe you said)
then put the assembly to the rear mounting place on the case,
feed a screw through the rear of the case into the fan housing, repeat and tighten once you can let go of the assembly
remember to plug the pump/fans in
job done hehe
just to confirm, asustek website shows a fan screwed to the case, then the rad, you can clearly see the screwholes on the inside, so you know they are in fact there, I think they probably allowed for the fact people would go pushpull when designing them, third pic on top row,
http://www.asetek.com/products/oem-standard-products/cpu-products/120mm-products/510lc.html
Moto