Facing issues with nvidia gtx 560 ti , no signal on display ,crash...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiteshyadavh

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Hello,
I just purchased zotac's NVidia gtx 560 ti and i am facing issues with my new card which are quite intolerable .The issue being that while playing high demanding games after some little time my display shows message "no signal" and the sound of the running game gets struck to something like buzzing(static like a struck cd in endless loop ) and since the display remains blacked out so i am not even able to see or notice anything going in windows therefore i end up resetting my system without proper shutdown while the buzzing sound is still there.

The more the games become demanding the faster i would get this problem, like in Black OPS , Call of duty modern warfare 1,Assasins creed brotherhood i have never faced any issues but for games like metro 2033,crysis 2(the issue faced won’t even let the introduction finish),crisis warhead , call of Juarez 2,homefront,Duke nukem forever the crash is imminent within 20 minuets.

I have even monitored the temperature changes and as my observations the normal temperate at the systems ideal state is 35 while maximum being 68 while playing games (for light games like black ops 60 temp).

All these game setups are tested to all limits with this system, i have a gaming laptop with a much lower graphics installed on which i have installed played and completed all these games without any problem whatsoever till date.

This whole thing is experienced when the card is stock clocked at 822 MHz, ( i have not overclocked the card yet)

I have installed good cabinet and additional fans inside it the room temperature stays at 25 degrees.Also i have the latest updated drivers of the Graphics Card but after trying all versions the problem persisists .All the power inputs of the Graphics Card are been fed with the required ports witout extentions which a lower model PSU would have (maybe 2 inputs with 6 pins each).
I use zotac firestorm to check all the data with all settings set to default factory set (no overclocking or under ).

My system specs are:

Graphics: zotac NVidia gtx 560 ti
Processor: Intel i5-2400 @ 3.10 GHz, gigabyte motherboard
Memory: DDR 3 RAM 4 GB
PSU: Cooler master 750 watts
NVidia Driver: 280.26 version.

hiteshyadavh

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
i installed the old 275.33 drivers and after rebooting launched Crysis 2 and i am really dissapointed to say that this didnt worked either.
The game crashed as usual and at the same point before the first autosave both in 64 bit and 32 bit win 7 os,. also tried call of juarez 2 (crashed after 15 minuets or so), Duke nukem forever (crashed within 30 min).

This issue is really a dissapointing thig for me and has completely lifted my faith from nvidia if i do not get this resolved soon enough then i will be switching back to ATI which never at any moment gave me any problem.

I doubted my psu a 750 watts coolermaster but if it were so then black ops , assasins creed brotherhood , need for speed hot persuit and COD modern warfare 1 and 2 would have given me the game outcome.

It is like no lagiing nothing just a "no display ,signal" and the sound of game gets struck and system stops responding to anything .

hiteshyadavh

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
well mini88 so far i have tried each and every thing like changing drivers like the one i was suggested by Nvidia support to install 270.50 and 270.33 which quite didnt worked for me, aslo i tried installing new os which also didnt worked both win 7 32 and 64 bit, i was also provided with link to a software for stablity test which is:
http://freestone-group.com/download/VideoCardStabilityTestSetup.exe

try out this test and also do try monitering your gpu temperature as it might be one of the causes for this (mine is normal till date).

Try this all if this dosnt work then like me send it back for a new one and if possible try exchanging it with another card like gtx 570 as 560 ti are having a lot of issues as far as i have studied on all forums.

hiteshyadavh

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011

well mini88 so far i have tried each and every thing like changing drivers like the one i was suggested by Nvidia support to install 270.50 and 270.33 which quite didnt worked for me, aslo i tried installing new os which also didnt worked both win 7 32 and 64 bit, i was also provided with link to a software for stablity test which is:
http://freestone-group.com/downloa [...] tSetup.exe

try out this test and also do try monitering your gpu temperature as it might be one of the causes for this (mine is normal till date).

Try this all if this dosnt work then like me send it back for a new one and if possible try exchanging it with another card like gtx 570 as 560 ti are having a lot of issues as far as i have studied on all forums.

mini88

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
have you wrote to zotac for the issue?
i already tryied the stability test and i let it run for 30minutes without having any problem... also a stress test for 20 minutes and all was ok... the temp never gone over 75 so it can't be that... i originally thought was psu but in many forum i saw people having the same problem with psu way higher than the needed...

have they change your card?

hiteshyadavh

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
i have written to both zotac and nvidia , while nvidia suggested me some old beta drivers zotac ended up saying that i should probably check other components as well which was totally stupid and unprofessional as if that would had been the case other games like bulletstorm, black ops etc shold had given me the same outcome as with crysis 2 and warhead.
Also nvidia had no straight answers regarding this issue.
So finally people i had my card replaced today with a new on (same gtx 560 ti) after having a breif talk with the manager of distributio centre i came to know about the fact that a lot of people are facing the same and he game me one from a new recent shipment and turns out aso far crysis 2 for a playtime of 2 hours temp went till 68 max and no crashes so far and the same outcome withother games as well.
So [eople get over the fact that you can resolve it yourself go get it replaced asap as i got mine replaced2 times as well or else exchange it for gtx 570 or equivalent.

hiteshyadavh

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Also i thing since a lot of issues are coming along tagged to this problem so nvidia should try and get it resolved properly or else i would say so far as i have experienced a few unlucky ones have faced issues with ati cards when compared to nvidia.
i am far more satisfied with my laptop graphics (a mid level ati radeon hd) than with nvida for which even their company didnt had a sarisfying answer.

blackfire1

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
The 560's are sever power hogs. Don't worry its not components. Its strictly bad drivers attached to how it works with the extra ram. They know about this. The official fourms have post after post. The only thing you can do at the moment is up your windows power management level to its highest and do the following:
1. Open your Nvidia control panel.
2. Look under "3d settings area" on the left side. Click on Manage 3d Settings.
3. Under the Global settings tab look at the Power management mode feature. Its in the middle above sli rendering. Set it to Prefer maximum performance.
4. Now under the Program settings tab. Make sure "Show only programs on this computer" is checked.
5. For every program that has its own file and that has crashed change the Power management mode to Prefer maximum performance.

Is some cases this fixes the problem in most it only makes the problem happen some of the time instead of all. Nvidia is aware of the power issue. Palit, MSI, Zotac's, they all do it.

hiteshyadavh

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
yes mini88 i have got my card changed and so far the only difference i have noticed is that the temperature insted of being 36 at normal usage remains at 38 and for games like nfs hot persuit it goes max to 58 , whatevere game i use it never goes 72+.
It is a shame that nvidia still has not resolved this issue till date as there are so many people out there still trying to get over with this.
I used the stablity tool provided by nvidia to me (the link i mentioned before) so far for a 15 min test the temperature went to a max of 92 with no crash and came down soon to 38 after test. To morrow i will be running a stress test to check mose as still i am a bit suspecious about this all. The only game giving me temp of 72 is call of juarez 2 while crysis 2 maxes to 70.

hiteshyadavh

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
@ mini88,
can you please tell me about your stablity test temperature results as mine just went up till 92 for 15 min stablity test .Still my card is working great but it is better to diagnose the upcoming major fault .

mini88

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011

i ran my stability test for 30 minutes and the temperature was about 60-70, and i got no error... with the stress test i used furmark and my card got 80 in temperature, but not error neither there... with this driver (some1 said in this forum that he fixed this problem with those) SEEMS to be fixed the problem... but i never had much time free in this days so i haven't test it much yet... but 1 hour in dead island and don't crashed... with the latest driver in dead island the crash was almost instantaneous!

xf1xcaliber

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011

hiteshyadavh

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Guys guess what , it is happening again , the same old thing but this time with battlefeild 3 only , no lag , no overheating just a plain old crash to desktop within a duration of 15 min.
Everybody out the with Gtx 560 ti is facing it but still NVIDIA is being ignorant of it and usually provides us with a responce like system or card fault not their drivers bios etc.
Most users out there are downclocking and increasing their core voltage to temporarily resolve this issue but this is definately not what anyone out there paid for.
Check this Video link for this temporary fix:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3loMgfW4Sr8.

Also do check this forum for more details , this one is moderated by NVIDIA tech staff itself:

http://blogs.nvidia.com/2011/10/download-geforce-r285-drivers-battlefield-3/#comment-377377116

Look for my comments and of fatbaron and you will soon figure it out that this card is so messy that it should be the vendors and nvidia's responciblity to get it straight all together asap or else take their product back and provie us with full refund.

chaitu100

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
well some cracked games crash with some cards. every1 has these probs with some or the other game. but if ur games r original then try changing the settings from low to high and see if any difference.most of the cards hav problem with Vsync being off or on.just give it a try. o by the way i run 560 ti with 400W psu. no prob so far. so im sure no prob with ur psu

Status
Not open for further replies.