DOS programs in XP

I have a need to load a DOS program onto my laptop
running XP. The program is an editor/compiler for FANUC
robots. For the installation to run correctly it is
looking for specific statments in the config.sys and
autoexec.bat files. Is there a way to have these files on
the computer and have them lookd at during boot up using
XP?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Chester Hale

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

XP uses CONFIG.NT and AUTOEXEC.NT. Look in \system32

Chet Hale wrote:
> I have a need to load a DOS program onto my laptop
> running XP. The program is an editor/compiler for FANUC
> robots. For the installation to run correctly it is
> looking for specific statments in the config.sys and
> autoexec.bat files. Is there a way to have these files on
> the computer and have them lookd at during boot up using
> XP?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
>
> Chester Hale

1. could you simply boot from a DOS floppy, and leave your HD out of it?
2. create a shortcut to the program, right-click it, go to properties.
click the "compatability" tab, check "run in compatability mode for:",
select Win95.

Eric