New Build, Wont power on

Jng4245

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011
I just built a new computer. I am using my old case (from an hp elite), power supply, and hard drive. Everything else is new including the mobo and processor (i5 2500k). I put the whole thing together (it appears everything is connected correctly) and it wont power on. It simply does nothing. Right before i installed the new stuff i had turned the power supply on and off quick a few times. Do you think i should return the mobo or get a new PSU. Also is it ok to use the hp elite case with this new build? Any advice will help! Thanks!

I would say it is your PSU. Those computer usually only have PSU powerful enough to run the hardware they come with and no more. So the question is what are the specs of your PSU? Not just the wattage but the 12+ amps and rails. Also make sure all the mainboard stand offs match your new mainboard. The HP board was proprietary so it may not exactly match your new board.

Jng4245

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011

The psu is a 650w ultra from new egg (not sure of the 12+ amps). Also, what do you mean by the main board standoffs? Thanks for the response!