Question about flashing BIOS

drewski420

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
In order to flash my Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 BIOS all I need to do is make my USB flash drive bootable, download the P67E4G32.10 file and place it in the root folder and then reboot from the drive and follow the onscreen instructions, correct? If i'm missing a step someone correct me.

I've never done it, but you're on the right track. I discovered some asus software last week for flashing while running windows, called Suite II, but I don't know if asrock has similar software. I've flashed from windows for years; haven't used a floppy (recently) or usb drive.

drewski420

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
Yeah, I've been reading up on it and it seems there's a lot of risk involved. I think I'll just leave it how it is. If it ain't broke don't fix it! lol. It's not worth risking my almost $3000 computer lol. Thanks for the replies!

circumventor

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
Most modern motherboards have a usb flash utility built into the bios. Not sure if your board has that but I would use that over making a bootable drive or updating while in windows. Check your bios for something called EZ Flash or M-Flash.