Microphone feedback on Asus X44H

susan_72

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
Hello, I tried to video chat with my sister for the first time on my new computer yesterday and kept getting my own voice back and a really annoying screeching sound. Can anyone help me resolve this issue? I also noticed, that even after I turned my computer off and restarted it this morning, that the mic is still on. How do I make it turn off automatically when I'm done using it?
Not sure if I selected the right category.

susan_72

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
Nikorr, thanks so much for your quick response. I will try the suggestions you posted. I'm also having a problem with my mic picking up every little sound, so I tried to adjust it. And now I have the same problem listed above in addition to my camera not working. When I vid chat with Sheila, she can't see me. When I turn on my camera, I can't see myself. Thoughts?

mp3streetparty

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013

I have the same problem it does not matter what I disable I still get feedback in the system.
The problem is getting slightly better though I have no idea how this sound is fixing it but last night I could only push the volume to 57% before feedback then this morning after leaving it tuned to my radio station I can push it to 77% before feedback..PM if you want radio station..