Windows XP Opening Screen

A blue Windows XP screen has started appearing when I
boot the computer. It's divided into two sections; first
says "to begin click your user name"; and second is my
user name. When I click the user name it states loading
personal preferences.
It appeared after downloading some Windows updates. I had
always been able to boot directly to my desktop.
Is there any to bypass this window? Thanks for your help!
3 answers Last reply
More about windows opening screen

    Download TweakUI.

    Jim wrote:
    > A blue Windows XP screen has started appearing when I
    > boot the computer. It's divided into two sections; first
    > says "to begin click your user name"; and second is my
    > user name. When I click the user name it states loading
    > personal preferences.
    > It appeared after downloading some Windows updates. I had
    > always been able to boot directly to my desktop.
    > Is there any to bypass this window? Thanks for your help!

    Jim

    Go to Control Panel/User Accounts. Click "Change the way users log on or
    off". Remove the check mark from "Use the welcome screen".
    --
    Regards,

    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    http://www.dts-l.org
    http://www.mvps.org

    Hi Jim,

    It's caused by .NET Framework Update from Microsoft Windows Update site. It
    creates an additional user account called ASP.NET and thus you are seeing
    the Welcome Screen at startup rather than a automatic login. But, don't need
    to remove this update or don't delete this account.

    Click Start, Run and type "control userpasswords2", and click Ok. Uncheck
    "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" option, and
    click Ok.

    Common Mistakes to be avoided while using this method:
    For Windows XP Home, don't try to auto-login as Administrator. This is
    because Windows XP Home Edition does not allow logging in as Administrator
    from Normal mode. Once you uncheck the option "Users must enter a user name"
    and click OK/Apply, Administrator account name will be displayed in the text
    box. Type-in a different user name and password in order to auto-login to
    that account.

    Take care while entering the password. Typing an incorrect password makes XP
    to freeze at startup (during authentication) due to incorrect password and
    then displays the Welcome Screen after few seconds.

    Alternate Method:
    Welcome to Windows Screen Appears When You Start Windows XP After You
    Install the .NET Framework 1.1:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827072

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Window XP Shell/User

    "Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    A blue Windows XP screen has started appearing when I
    boot the computer. It's divided into two sections; first
    says "to begin click your user name"; and second is my
    user name. When I click the user name it states loading
    personal preferences.
    It appeared after downloading some Windows updates. I had
    always been able to boot directly to my desktop.
    Is there any to bypass this window? Thanks for your help!

Configuration Boot Customization Windows XP