PSP will not drive up game prices

No need to worry about the PSP driving up game prices. PSP, the unit and
games, are priced outside of what demand will allow. They will have to come
down in price to become profitable. Stores won't waste the shelf space on a
system that isn't moving and Sony will have to do something about it.

All in all, it doesn't look good for the PSP in America. It would need to
move many more units to get the support needed to maintain the product line.
53 answers Last reply
More about drive game prices

    "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    > No need to worry about the PSP driving up game prices. PSP, the unit and
    > games, are priced outside of what demand will allow. They will have to
    come
    > down in price to become profitable. Stores won't waste the shelf space on
    > system that isn't moving and Sony will have to do something about it.
    >
    > All in all, it doesn't look good for the PSP in America. It would need to
    > move many more units to get the support needed to maintain the product
    line.

    Not bad. You waited five whole days after launch to pronounce the PSP a
    failure. I'm surprised you had that much patience...

    Android wrote:
    > "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    > > No need to worry about the PSP driving up game prices. PSP, the
    unit and
    > > games, are priced outside of what demand will allow. They will
    have to
    > come
    > > down in price to become profitable. Stores won't waste the shelf
    space on
    > > system that isn't moving and Sony will have to do something about
    it.

    > > All in all, it doesn't look good for the PSP in America. It would
    need to
    > > move many more units to get the support needed to maintain the
    product
    > line.
    >
    > Not bad. You waited five whole days after launch to pronounce the
    PSP a
    > failure. I'm surprised you had that much patience...

    Almost matches your five day wait in proclaiming it's flaws (e.g. dead
    pixels) to be overblown. I guess you've each earned a cookie.

    "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

    > Android wrote:
    > > "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    > > > No need to worry about the PSP driving up game prices. PSP, the
    > unit and
    > > > games, are priced outside of what demand will allow. They will
    > have to
    > > come
    > > > down in price to become profitable. Stores won't waste the shelf
    > space on
    > > > system that isn't moving and Sony will have to do something about
    > it.
    > > >
    > > > All in all, it doesn't look good for the PSP in America. It would
    > need to
    > > > move many more units to get the support needed to maintain the
    > product
    > > line.
    > >
    > > Not bad. You waited five whole days after launch to pronounce the
    > PSP a
    > > failure. I'm surprised you had that much patience...
    >
    > Almost matches your five day wait in proclaiming it's flaws (e.g. dead
    > pixels) to be overblown. I guess you've each earned a cookie.

    Apples and Oranges.

    Freddie was posting about the PSP being a failure well before the system was
    ever released, and now he says it "doesn't look good for the PSP in America"
    (based upon what?) despite the fact that we haven't even seen any official
    sales figures yet. He's clearly a guy who wanted the PSP to fail and is now
    trying to convince himself/us that it was, in fact, a dud...when it is far
    too early to tell either way. And he doesn't even own one.

    On the other hand, my comment that a few stuck/dead pixels have absolutely
    no detrimental effect on a screen of 130,560 pixels is my personal opinion
    based upon my own experience...it has nothing to do with whether or not I
    want the PSP to succeed.

    On 3/29/05 6:47 PM, in article 4249f65c$1$3245$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com, "Fred
    Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote:

    So says the king of rumor and self-opinionated bullshit.

    The funny thing here is, you are so against the PSP that you now feel the
    need to create new threads based on your own idiotic beliefs. Now if this
    isn't trolling please explain.

    RickB

    Boody Bandit wrote:
    > "Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

    > >> unit and
    > >> have to
    > >> space on
    > >> it.

    > >> need to
    > >> product

    > >> PSP a
    > >>
    > >> Almost matches your five day wait in proclaiming it's flaws (e.g.
    dead
    > >> pixels) to be overblown. I guess you've each earned a cookie.
    > >
    > > Apples and Oranges.
    > >
    > > Freddie was posting about the PSP being a failure well before the
    system
    > > was
    > > ever released, and now he says it "doesn't look good for the PSP in

    > > America"
    > > (based upon what?) despite the fact that we haven't even seen any
    official
    > > sales figures yet. He's clearly a guy who wanted the PSP to fail
    and is
    > > now
    > > trying to convince himself/us that it was, in fact, a dud...when it
    is far
    > > too early to tell either way. And he doesn't even own one.
    > >
    > > On the other hand, my comment that a few stuck/dead pixels have
    absolutely
    > > no detrimental effect on a screen of 130,560 pixels is my personal
    opinion
    > > based upon my own experience...it has nothing to do with whether or
    not I
    > > want the PSP to succeed.
    >
    > *stand on chair and applauds*
    > Fred Liken is a cowardly troll plain and simple.

    How are his anti-PSP comments in the PS2 groups any different than your
    anti-Gamecube comments in the GC group you were posting a few months
    ago?
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Android wrote:
    > "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Android wrote:
    > > > "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    > > unit and
    > > have to
    > > > come
    > > space on
    > > it.

    > > need to
    > > product
    > > > line.
    > > >
    > > > Not bad. You waited five whole days after launch to pronounce
    the
    > > PSP a
    > > > failure. I'm surprised you had that much patience...
    > >
    > > Almost matches your five day wait in proclaiming it's flaws (e.g.
    dead
    > > pixels) to be overblown. I guess you've each earned a cookie.
    >
    > Apples and Oranges.

    No, not really. You are both trying to justify your "side." He's
    clearly not enamoured with the product and doesn't see it going like
    gang-busters in the US, while you feel it's the second coming and
    believe dead pixels out of the box is perfectly acceptable.

    I see no difference in your actions, just you're on different sides of
    the aisle.

    > Freddie was posting about the PSP being a failure well before the
    system was
    > ever released, and now he says it "doesn't look good for the PSP in
    America"
    > (based upon what?)

    I assumed based on the underwhelming launch but I'm certainly not going
    to speak for him. I'm sure he'll be here soon to elaborate.

    > despite the fact that we haven't even seen any official
    > sales figures yet. He's clearly a guy who wanted the PSP to fail and
    is now
    > trying to convince himself/us that it was, in fact, a dud...when it
    is far
    > too early to tell either way. And he doesn't even own one.

    I was under the assumption he owned a Japanese one? Perhaps I have him
    confused with someone else.

    > On the other hand, my comment that a few stuck/dead pixels have
    absolutely
    > no detrimental effect on a screen of 130,560 pixels is my personal
    opinion
    > based upon my own experience...it has nothing to do with whether or
    not I
    > want the PSP to succeed.

    Ahh, but you do want the PSP to succeed (which is perfectly fine).
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Boody Bandit wrote:
    > "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Boody Bandit wrote:
    > >> "Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message

    PSP,
    > > the
    > > will
    > > shelf
    > > about

    It
    > > would

    > > the

    > > dead

    > > system

    > > official
    > > and is
    > > is far

    > > absolutely
    > > opinion
    > > not I
    > >>
    > >> *stand on chair and applauds*
    > >> Fred Liken is a cowardly troll plain and simple.
    > >
    > > How are his anti-PSP comments in the PS2 groups any different than
    your
    > > anti-Gamecube comments in the GC group you were posting a few
    months
    > > ago?
    >
    > A-duh!
    > Gee let me see.....
    > I owned a GameCube system and most of the top rated games?
    > Fred is a troll. A pretty darn good one but a troll none the less.

    He's no more a troll than you are.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

    > Boody Bandit wrote:
    >> "Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

    > the
    > will
    > shelf
    > about

    > would

    > the

    > dead
    >> >
    >> > Apples and Oranges.
    >> >
    >> > Freddie was posting about the PSP being a failure well before the
    > system
    >> > was
    >> > ever released, and now he says it "doesn't look good for the PSP in
    >
    >> > America"
    >> > (based upon what?) despite the fact that we haven't even seen any
    > official
    >> > sales figures yet. He's clearly a guy who wanted the PSP to fail
    > and is
    >> > now
    >> > trying to convince himself/us that it was, in fact, a dud...when it
    > is far
    >> > too early to tell either way. And he doesn't even own one.
    >> >
    >> > On the other hand, my comment that a few stuck/dead pixels have
    > absolutely
    >> > no detrimental effect on a screen of 130,560 pixels is my personal
    > opinion
    >> > based upon my own experience...it has nothing to do with whether or
    > not I
    >> > want the PSP to succeed.
    >>
    >> *stand on chair and applauds*
    >> Fred Liken is a cowardly troll plain and simple.
    >
    > How are his anti-PSP comments in the PS2 groups any different than your
    > anti-Gamecube comments in the GC group you were posting a few months
    > ago?

    *Puts down Mario Kart and grabs popcorn and a chair*
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message

    > "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Android wrote:
    >> > "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    >> unit and
    >> have to
    >> > come
    >> space on
    >> it.

    >> need to
    >> product
    >> > line.
    >> >
    >> > Not bad. You waited five whole days after launch to pronounce the
    >> PSP a
    >> > failure. I'm surprised you had that much patience...
    >>
    >> Almost matches your five day wait in proclaiming it's flaws (e.g. dead
    >> pixels) to be overblown. I guess you've each earned a cookie.
    >
    > Apples and Oranges.
    >
    > Freddie was posting about the PSP being a failure well before the system
    > was
    > ever released, and now he says it "doesn't look good for the PSP in
    > America"
    > (based upon what?) despite the fact that we haven't even seen any official
    > sales figures yet. He's clearly a guy who wanted the PSP to fail and is
    > now
    > trying to convince himself/us that it was, in fact, a dud...when it is far
    > too early to tell either way. And he doesn't even own one.
    >
    > On the other hand, my comment that a few stuck/dead pixels have absolutely
    > no detrimental effect on a screen of 130,560 pixels is my personal opinion
    > based upon my own experience...it has nothing to do with whether or not I
    > want the PSP to succeed.

    *stand on chair and applauds*
    Fred Liken is a cowardly troll plain and simple.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Boody Bandit wrote:
    > "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    > > "Boody Bandit" <lightenup@francis.news> wrote in message
    > >
    > >> Oh and I don't dislike Nintendo, I'm just disappointed with the
    decisions
    > >> they had made for the past 10 years.
    > >> I still enjoy "some" of their games even though I feel they live
    in the
    > >> past.
    > >
    > > Oh and I don't dislike Sony, I'm just disappointed with the
    decisions they
    > > made on the PSP.
    > >
    > > D'oh, looks like you aren't getting anywhere with your case that
    I'm some
    > > POS troll.
    > >
    > > So far, I haven't said anything off the mark.
    >
    > Yeah, ok sure. *rolls-eyes*
    > You already have the PSP as a failure (even before it came out) and
    selling
    > poorly, yet I haven't seen, nor have you, any sales figures on the
    PSP in
    > the U.S.

    Of course you all realize that if everyone posting on here were talking
    about PSPs being sold-out everywhere and how scarce they were to
    obtain, you'd all be in here talking about how wonderful of a launch it
    was and taking cheap shots at Fred for his stupid predictions,
    regardless if any sale figures had been posted yet.

    > That makes you way off the mark, again IMO.

    You know, all you folks like Android, Jojo and yourself keep claiming
    that Fred stated the "PSP would be a failure." I just did a google
    groups search under his email with the words "PSP" and "failure" and I
    didn't see one single post from him that backs up your claims.

    Obviously Fred wasn't a huge fan of the PSP like the early rabid dorks
    Skye and Rick Berry, but from I can recall he merely stated that the
    PSP wouldn't be a run away success like the PS2 is in the console war.
    There was no use of the word "failure" anywhere.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

    > Boody Bandit wrote:
    >> "Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

    > the
    > will
    > shelf
    > about

    > would

    > the

    > dead
    >> >
    >> > Apples and Oranges.
    >> >
    >> > Freddie was posting about the PSP being a failure well before the
    > system
    >> > was
    >> > ever released, and now he says it "doesn't look good for the PSP in
    >
    >> > America"
    >> > (based upon what?) despite the fact that we haven't even seen any
    > official
    >> > sales figures yet. He's clearly a guy who wanted the PSP to fail
    > and is
    >> > now
    >> > trying to convince himself/us that it was, in fact, a dud...when it
    > is far
    >> > too early to tell either way. And he doesn't even own one.
    >> >
    >> > On the other hand, my comment that a few stuck/dead pixels have
    > absolutely
    >> > no detrimental effect on a screen of 130,560 pixels is my personal
    > opinion
    >> > based upon my own experience...it has nothing to do with whether or
    > not I
    >> > want the PSP to succeed.
    >>
    >> *stand on chair and applauds*
    >> Fred Liken is a cowardly troll plain and simple.
    >
    > How are his anti-PSP comments in the PS2 groups any different than your
    > anti-Gamecube comments in the GC group you were posting a few months
    > ago?

    A-duh!
    Gee let me see.....
    I owned a GameCube system and most of the top rated games?
    Fred is a troll. A pretty darn good one but a troll none the less.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

    > Boody Bandit wrote:
    >> "Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

    > the
    > will
    > shelf
    > about

    > would

    > the

    > dead
    >> >
    >> > Apples and Oranges.
    >> >
    >> > Freddie was posting about the PSP being a failure well before the
    > system
    >> > was
    >> > ever released, and now he says it "doesn't look good for the PSP in
    >
    >> > America"
    >> > (based upon what?) despite the fact that we haven't even seen any
    > official
    >> > sales figures yet. He's clearly a guy who wanted the PSP to fail
    > and is
    >> > now
    >> > trying to convince himself/us that it was, in fact, a dud...when it
    > is far
    >> > too early to tell either way. And he doesn't even own one.
    >> >
    >> > On the other hand, my comment that a few stuck/dead pixels have
    > absolutely
    >> > no detrimental effect on a screen of 130,560 pixels is my personal
    > opinion
    >> > based upon my own experience...it has nothing to do with whether or
    > not I
    >> > want the PSP to succeed.
    >>
    >> *stand on chair and applauds*
    >> Fred Liken is a cowardly troll plain and simple.
    >
    > How are his anti-PSP comments in the PS2 groups any different than your
    > anti-Gamecube comments in the GC group you were posting a few months
    > ago?

    Oh and I don't dislike Nintendo, I'm just disappointed with the decisions
    they had made for the past 10 years.
    I still enjoy "some" of their games even though I feel they live in the
    past.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > A-duh!
    > Gee let me see.....
    > I owned a GameCube system and most of the top rated games?

    I own a Playstation 2. Play it all the time.

    What's your point? Geesh.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Boody Bandit" <lightenup@francis.news> wrote in message

    > Oh and I don't dislike Nintendo, I'm just disappointed with the decisions
    > they had made for the past 10 years.
    > I still enjoy "some" of their games even though I feel they live in the
    > past.

    Oh and I don't dislike Sony, I'm just disappointed with the decisions they
    made on the PSP.

    D'oh, looks like you aren't getting anywhere with your case that I'm some
    POS troll.

    So far, I haven't said anything off the mark.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Rick Berry" <rberry883@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > So says the king of rumor and self-opinionated bullshit.

    Um, you're scattered as usual...

    > The funny thing here is, you are so against the PSP

    So against it I tried to import one.

    > that you now feel the need to create new threads based on your
    > own idiotic beliefs.

    What idiotic beliefs? I told you long ago that the PSP games were going to
    cost more than the DS games, despite the fact that they used UMDs. That's a
    fact, as you can see, not an "idiotic belief". I told you the cost of the
    PSP would be significantly more than the DS. That was true again. I told
    you that the PSP's limited interest and high price would hurt the launch, as
    it did. There's no "idiotic beliefs" in there, just predictions that came
    to be true.

    All the while, you and your ilk, the blind zealots that had persistant hard
    ons for the PSP, rabidly attacked anyone that pointed out what it was up
    against. Geesh.

    After all the fanboy mistakes you've made, I'm the idiot?

    None the less, I stand by the statement that the PSP will not drive up game
    prices. People aren't going to pay that much for the games for them to be
    profitable in the US. Japan, perhaps, but most Americans aren't going to
    pay $40 bucks for a Metalgear trading card game. That's the base line for a
    fringe title. Americans aren't going to spend 40 to 50 dollars for console
    rehashes, either.

    Sony, like I said before, has to create the market for a portable system
    that excludes the only real market for portables, children. As it stands,
    the PSP isn't the kit to do it.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > Boody Bandit wrote:
    >> "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

    > PSP,
    >> > the
    >> > will
    >> > shelf
    >> > about

    > It
    >> > would
    > the

    > pronounce
    >> > the

    > (e.g.
    >> > dead

    > the
    >> > system
    > in

    > any
    >> > official
    > fail
    >> > and is
    > it
    >> > is far

    >> > absolutely
    > personal
    >> > opinion
    > or
    >> > not I

    >> > How are his anti-PSP comments in the PS2 groups any different than
    > your
    >> > anti-Gamecube comments in the GC group you were posting a few
    > months
    >> > ago?
    >>
    >> A-duh!
    >> Gee let me see.....
    >> I owned a GameCube system and most of the top rated games?
    >> Fred is a troll. A pretty darn good one but a troll none the less.
    >
    > He's no more a troll than you are.

    and no more than you are
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Mattinglyfan (deez nuts) wrote:
    > "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Boody Bandit wrote:
    > >> "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message

    > > decisions
    > > in the

    > > decisions they

    > > I'm some

    > >> Yeah, ok sure. *rolls-eyes*
    > >> You already have the PSP as a failure (even before it came out)
    and
    > > selling
    > >> poorly, yet I haven't seen, nor have you, any sales figures on the
    > > PSP in
    > >> the U.S.
    > >
    > > Of course you all realize that if everyone posting on here were
    talking
    > > about PSPs being sold-out everywhere and how scarce they were to
    > > obtain, you'd all be in here talking about how wonderful of a
    launch it
    > > was and taking cheap shots at Fred for his stupid predictions,
    > > regardless if any sale figures had been posted yet.
    > >
    > >> That makes you way off the mark, again IMO.
    > >
    > > You know, all you folks like Android, Jojo and yourself keep
    claiming
    > > that Fred stated the "PSP would be a failure." I just did a google
    > > groups search under his email with the words "PSP" and "failure"
    and I
    > > didn't see one single post from him that backs up your claims.
    > >
    > > Obviously Fred wasn't a huge fan of the PSP like the early rabid
    dorks
    > > Skye and Rick Berry, but from I can recall he merely stated that
    the
    > > PSP wouldn't be a run away success like the PS2 is in the console
    war.
    > > There was no use of the word "failure" anywhere.
    > >

    > No, he didn't use the word failure but he made some pretty outrageous
    claims
    > though. So outrageous in fact that a certain level-headed individual
    at one
    > point, called him on his denial of a successful launch for the PSP.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/4u9rh

    He certainly did take some pot-shots at it, but like I said, he never
    said it would fail.

    > He even lied about having one.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/667w4
    >
    > "I got mine yesterday, but it's busted. I'll have to wait months
    before
    > it'll get back."

    How do we know he lied about it tho?

    > He also said the graphics look like "Pixel vomit".

    In fairness that was back in Sept, way before the system even launched
    in Japan. If he still feels the graphics are "pixel vomit" now that
    it's come out, then he has eye problems.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "Boody Bandit" <lightenup@francis.news> wrote in message
    >
    >> A-duh!
    >> Gee let me see.....
    >> I owned a GameCube system and most of the top rated games?
    >
    > I own a Playstation 2. Play it all the time.
    >
    > What's your point? Geesh.

    The fact that you don't own nor do you ever want to a PSP.
    Yet you have been on the smear campaign against it months before it's
    launch.
    MO that makes you a troll
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Fred Liken wrote:
    > > The funny thing here is, you are so against the PSP
    >
    > So against it I tried to import one.

    Can you explain this?

    I believe at one time you said you owned a PSP, but it was busted and
    would take weeks to get back. But here you're saying you only *tried*
    to import one.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    > "Boody Bandit" <lightenup@francis.news> wrote in message
    >
    >> Oh and I don't dislike Nintendo, I'm just disappointed with the decisions
    >> they had made for the past 10 years.
    >> I still enjoy "some" of their games even though I feel they live in the
    >> past.
    >
    > Oh and I don't dislike Sony, I'm just disappointed with the decisions they
    > made on the PSP.
    >
    > D'oh, looks like you aren't getting anywhere with your case that I'm some
    > POS troll.
    >
    > So far, I haven't said anything off the mark.

    Yeah, ok sure. *rolls-eyes*
    You already have the PSP as a failure (even before it came out) and selling
    poorly, yet I haven't seen, nor have you, any sales figures on the PSP in
    the U.S.
    That makes you way off the mark, again IMO.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

    > Boody Bandit wrote:
    >> "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    >> > "Boody Bandit" <lightenup@francis.news> wrote in message

    > decisions
    > in the
    >> >
    >> > Oh and I don't dislike Sony, I'm just disappointed with the
    > decisions they
    >> > made on the PSP.
    >> >
    >> > D'oh, looks like you aren't getting anywhere with your case that
    > I'm some
    >> > POS troll.
    >> >
    >> > So far, I haven't said anything off the mark.
    >>
    >> Yeah, ok sure. *rolls-eyes*
    >> You already have the PSP as a failure (even before it came out) and
    > selling
    >> poorly, yet I haven't seen, nor have you, any sales figures on the
    > PSP in
    >> the U.S.
    >
    > Of course you all realize that if everyone posting on here were talking
    > about PSPs being sold-out everywhere and how scarce they were to
    > obtain, you'd all be in here talking about how wonderful of a launch it
    > was and taking cheap shots at Fred for his stupid predictions,
    > regardless if any sale figures had been posted yet.
    >
    >> That makes you way off the mark, again IMO.
    >
    > You know, all you folks like Android, Jojo and yourself keep claiming
    > that Fred stated the "PSP would be a failure." I just did a google
    > groups search under his email with the words "PSP" and "failure" and I
    > didn't see one single post from him that backs up your claims.
    >
    > Obviously Fred wasn't a huge fan of the PSP like the early rabid dorks
    > Skye and Rick Berry, but from I can recall he merely stated that the
    > PSP wouldn't be a run away success like the PS2 is in the console war.
    > There was no use of the word "failure" anywhere.

    No, he didn't use the word failure but he made some pretty outrageous claims
    though. So outrageous in fact that a certain level-headed individual at one
    point, called him on his denial of a successful launch for the PSP.

    http://tinyurl.com/4u9rh

    He even lied about having one.

    http://tinyurl.com/667w4

    "I got mine yesterday, but it's busted. I'll have to wait months before
    it'll get back."

    He also said the graphics look like "Pixel vomit".
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

    > Boody Bandit wrote:
    >> "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

    > PSP,
    >> > the
    >> > will
    >> > shelf
    >> > about

    > It
    >> > would
    > the

    > pronounce
    >> > the

    > (e.g.
    >> > dead

    > the
    >> > system
    > in

    > any
    >> > official
    > fail
    >> > and is
    > it
    >> > is far

    >> > absolutely
    > personal
    >> > opinion
    > or
    >> > not I

    >> > How are his anti-PSP comments in the PS2 groups any different than
    > your
    >> > anti-Gamecube comments in the GC group you were posting a few
    > months
    >> > ago?
    >>
    >> A-duh!
    >> Gee let me see.....
    >> I owned a GameCube system and most of the top rated games?
    >> Fred is a troll. A pretty darn good one but a troll none the less.
    >
    > He's no more a troll than you are.

    btw Greg, most of what I have ever said about Nintendo people agree with,
    including one of Nintendo's biggest fans... Leon.
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > Yeah, ok sure. *rolls-eyes*

    > You already have the PSP as a failure (even before it came out)

    Where? Failure's a strong word that I doubt you could ever site me using.

    > and selling poorly,

    It is selling poorly compared to what Mattingly, Doug, MSjojo, Jeremy
    Williams, etc, claimed would be the case between that and the DS, etc.

    > yet I haven't seen, nor have you, any sales figures on the PSP in the U.S.

    Doesn't matter. Fact is that they are to be had all over the place. They
    aren't moving like everyone said they would. A couple numbskulls in this
    group were even worried they wouldn't be able to get one or buying extras to
    scalp on eBay. lol. It was dumb.

    > That makes you way off the mark, again IMO.

    Luckily, your opinion isn't worth much. :)
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > Fred Liken wrote:
    >> > The funny thing here is, you are so against the PSP
    >>
    >> So against it I tried to import one.
    >
    > Can you explain this?
    >
    > I believe at one time you said you owned a PSP, but it was busted and
    > would take weeks to get back. But here you're saying you only *tried*
    > to import one.

    It was DOA. I gave up on getting it back and just had them credit me. I
    still have the games though, but just haven't gotten around to getting
    another PSP mainly due to Tekken 5, Minish Cap, and mostly work. I'll
    probably wait for a "must have" at this point or a price drop.
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > Luckily, your opinion isn't worth much. :)

    Everyone on here values your opinion though, don't they? *rolls-eyes*
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    >> Luckily, your opinion isn't worth much. :)
    >
    > Everyone on here values your opinion though, don't they? *rolls-eyes*

    Nope. Not many.
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

    > No, he didn't use the word failure but he made some pretty outrageous
    > claims though.

    > So outrageous in fact that a certain level-headed individual at one point,
    > called him on his denial of a successful launch for the PSP.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/4u9rh

    What? You must have posted the wrong link because I don't see your point.
    "denial of a successful launch for the PSP". That was before the PSP
    launched.

    > He even lied about having one.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/667w4
    >
    > "I got mine yesterday, but it's busted. I'll have to wait months before
    > it'll get back."

    What lie? It was DOA. It's not the first thing I've ever bought that was
    DOA and required a replacement. You're so strange.

    > He also said the graphics look like "Pixel vomit".

    That was, what, September of last year? They did look like "pixel vomit" as
    most low res aliased prototype games do. 3D games on a portable are going
    to suffer a little in the "pixel vomit" area, my friend.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    >> Everyone on here values your opinion though, don't they? *rolls-eyes*
    >
    > Nope. Not any.

    Fixed your typo
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <1112202875.436094.149820@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    holleyrp@delanet.com says...

    >Boody Bandit wrote:
    >> "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    >> > "Boody Bandit" <lightenup@francis.news> wrote in message

    >decisions
    >in the
    >> >
    >> > Oh and I don't dislike Sony, I'm just disappointed with the
    >decisions they
    >> > made on the PSP.
    >> >
    >> > D'oh, looks like you aren't getting anywhere with your case that
    >I'm some
    >> > POS troll.
    >> >
    >> > So far, I haven't said anything off the mark.
    >>
    >> Yeah, ok sure. *rolls-eyes*
    >> You already have the PSP as a failure (even before it came out) and
    >selling
    >> poorly, yet I haven't seen, nor have you, any sales figures on the
    >PSP in
    >> the U.S.
    >
    >Of course you all realize that if everyone posting on here were talking
    >about PSPs being sold-out everywhere and how scarce they were to
    >obtain, you'd all be in here talking about how wonderful of a launch it
    >was and taking cheap shots at Fred for his stupid predictions,
    >regardless if any sale figures had been posted yet.
    >
    >> That makes you way off the mark, again IMO.
    >
    >You know, all you folks like Android, Jojo and yourself keep claiming
    >that Fred stated the "PSP would be a failure." I just did a google
    >groups search under his email with the words "PSP" and "failure" and I
    >didn't see one single post from him that backs up your claims.
    >
    >Obviously Fred wasn't a huge fan of the PSP like the early rabid dorks
    >Skye and Rick Berry, but from I can recall he merely stated that the
    >PSP wouldn't be a run away success like the PS2 is in the console war.
    >There was no use of the word "failure" anywhere.

    LOL!!! You know what they say....birds of a feather stick together.
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message

    > LOL!!! You know what they say....birds of a feather stick together.

    Yep, like you and your charge, Mattingly. Oh, Har har har har! I pointed
    out something hilarious! ... sigh.
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <424ad39f$1$3250$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    >"Rick Berry" <rberry883@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> So says the king of rumor and self-opinionated bullshit.
    >
    >Um, you're scattered as usual...
    >
    >> The funny thing here is, you are so against the PSP
    >
    >So against it I tried to import one.
    >
    >> that you now feel the need to create new threads based on your
    >> own idiotic beliefs.
    >
    >What idiotic beliefs? I told you long ago that the PSP games were going to
    >cost more than the DS games, despite the fact that they used UMDs. That's a
    >fact, as you can see, not an "idiotic belief". I told you the cost of the
    >PSP would be significantly more than the DS. That was true again. I told
    >you that the PSP's limited interest and high price would hurt the launch, as
    >it did. There's no "idiotic beliefs" in there, just predictions that came
    >to be true.
    >
    >All the while, you and your ilk, the blind zealots that had persistant hard
    >ons for the PSP, rabidly attacked anyone that pointed out what it was up
    >against. Geesh.
    >
    >After all the fanboy mistakes you've made, I'm the idiot?

    You are because you keep spewing bullshit about the PSP launch not being a hit
    when its been the biggest successful launch ever for a handheld device.
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > You are because you keep spewing bullshit about the PSP launch not being a
    > hit
    > when its been the biggest successful launch ever for a handheld device.

    Huh? You have the numbers or are you being a hypocrite? :)
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <424b26a3$0$3295$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> You are because you keep spewing bullshit about the PSP launch not being a
    >> hit
    >> when its been the biggest successful launch ever for a handheld device.
    >
    >Huh? You have the numbers or are you being a hypocrite? :)

    What are you going to say when the numbers do come out? Remember what I said
    would happen in Japan and then just two or three weeks later it happened.
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <424b26a3$0$3295$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> You are because you keep spewing bullshit about the PSP launch not being a
    >> hit
    >> when its been the biggest successful launch ever for a handheld device.
    >
    >Huh? You have the numbers or are you being a hypocrite? :)

    Just being realistic. Try it you might like it.
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <424b265f$0$3301$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> LOL!!! You know what they say....birds of a feather stick together.
    >
    >Yep, like you and your charge, Mattingly. Oh, Har har har har! I pointed
    >out something hilarious! ... sigh.

    What...you.
  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <p7Odnbw9EJvSs9bfRVn-vw@suscom.com>, lightenup@francis.news says...

    >"Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    >>> Everyone on here values your opinion though, don't they? *rolls-eyes*
    >>
    >> Nope. Not any.
    >
    >Fixed your typo

    LOL!!
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Rick Berry wrote:
    > On 3/30/05 11:14 AM, in article
    > 1112202875.436094.149820@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, "Robert P
    Holley"
    > <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote:
    >

    > > Boody Bandit wrote:
    > >> "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message

    > > decisions
    > > in the

    > > decisions they

    > > I'm some

    > >> Yeah, ok sure. *rolls-eyes*
    > >> You already have the PSP as a failure (even before it came out)
    and
    > > selling
    > >> poorly, yet I haven't seen, nor have you, any sales figures on the
    > > PSP in
    > >> the U.S.
    > >
    > > Of course you all realize that if everyone posting on here were
    talking
    > > about PSPs being sold-out everywhere and how scarce they were to
    > > obtain, you'd all be in here talking about how wonderful of a
    launch it
    > > was and taking cheap shots at Fred for his stupid predictions,
    > > regardless if any sale figures had been posted yet.
    > >
    > >> That makes you way off the mark, again IMO.
    > >
    > > You know, all you folks like Android, Jojo and yourself keep
    claiming
    > > that Fred stated the "PSP would be a failure." I just did a google
    > > groups search under his email with the words "PSP" and "failure"
    and I
    > > didn't see one single post from him that backs up your claims.
    > >
    > > Obviously Fred wasn't a huge fan of the PSP like the early rabid
    dorks
    > > Skye and Rick Berry, but from I can recall he merely stated that
    the
    > > PSP wouldn't be a run away success like the PS2 is in the console
    war.
    > > There was no use of the word "failure" anywhere.
    > >

    > Is google in the title of this newsgroup? Didn't think so Robert. You
    do
    > know people can access alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 from more
    places
    > and hooks than just the google boards, right? And you do know that
    google
    > cannot search my 3rd party newsreader, right?

    I don't think you understand what google.groups does in conjunction
    with usenet. Perhaps the link below can help you understand it's
    purpose.

    http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/static.py?page=basics.html

    > Maybe you should go back and
    > actually 'read' Fred's statements in the past about his 'thoughts'
    about the
    > PSP not selling well or how he "predicted" it would fall on its face
    and not
    > sell.

    I did go back and read his thoughts about the PSP and again I never ran
    across the word "failure." Now if you can pointing me to some place
    where he said that, I'd be more than happy to retract my statement.
    Otherwise, I standby my statements.

    > Plus, you must not have searched too hard if you couldn't find his
    > post from yesterday (lol) where he stated "Americans are not going to
    pay
    > $40 or $50 for a Metal Gear card game". Go google that one and get
    back to
    > us.

    I did read that post, but that's what have to do with Fred specifically
    saying the PSP will fail?
  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
    > In article <424b26a3$0$3295$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    > fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
    > >
    > >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > >> You are because you keep spewing bullshit about the PSP launch not
    being a
    > >> hit
    > >> when its been the biggest successful launch ever for a handheld
    device.

    > >Huh? You have the numbers or are you being a hypocrite? :)
    > >

    > Just being realistic. Try it you might like it.

    Translation: I don't have any sales figures.

    So let me see if I got this straight....Fred is a hypocrite/troll/etc
    for saying the PSP launch was underwhelming before ever seeing any
    sales numbers, but you're "just being realistic" by "claiming it was
    the biggest successful launch ever for a handheld" without seeing any
    sale numbers yourself.
  39. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    On 3/30/05 10:30 AM, in article 424ad39f$1$3250$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com, "Fred
    Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote:

    > "Rick Berry" <rberry883@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> So says the king of rumor and self-opinionated bullshit.
    >
    > Um, you're scattered as usual...

    Good one there, that retorted the statement.

    >> The funny thing here is, you are so against the PSP
    >
    > So against it I tried to import one.

    Riiigggghhhhhtttt. And the 3-wheel car is the next best selling Ford.

    >> that you now feel the need to create new threads based on your
    >> own idiotic beliefs.
    >
    > What idiotic beliefs? I told you long ago that the PSP games were going to
    > cost more than the DS games, despite the fact that they used UMDs. That's a
    > fact, as you can see, not an "idiotic belief". I told you the cost of the
    > PSP would be significantly more than the DS. That was true again. I told
    > you that the PSP's limited interest and high price would hurt the launch, as
    > it did. There's no "idiotic beliefs" in there, just predictions that came
    > to be true.

    These are all your opinions, I've had quite a few people tell me "oh, I
    didn't know it was out yet, I'll have to go pick one up". I would blame
    Sony's lack of advertising (pre-launch) on that.

    Now your trailer park's economy may not match the rest of civilization but
    $100 is not what I consider significant (price difference) and that's just
    the DS unit vs. the PSP value pack. Oh wait, let me guess, you already know
    the retail price for the PSP when they sell it as a separate unit (sans
    value pack)?

    > All the while, you and your ilk, the blind zealots that had persistant hard
    > ons for the PSP, rabidly attacked anyone that pointed out what it was up
    > against. Geesh.

    This makes no sense, maybe you have me confused with someone else. The only
    person I remember responding to was you and your idiotic beliefs.

    > After all the fanboy mistakes you've made, I'm the idiot?

    Umm, yeah. Care to point one out, or is this more 'scratching your head
    because you don't know what to say bullshit'?

    > None the less, I stand by the statement that the PSP will not drive up game
    > prices. People aren't going to pay that much for the games for them to be
    > profitable in the US. Japan, perhaps, but most Americans aren't going to
    > pay $40 bucks for a Metalgear trading card game. That's the base line for a
    > fringe title. Americans aren't going to spend 40 to 50 dollars for console
    > rehashes, either.
    >
    > Sony, like I said before, has to create the market for a portable system
    > that excludes the only real market for portables, children. As it stands,
    > the PSP isn't the kit to do it.

    You still don't get it, do you?? Obviously Americans are going to pay the
    current game prices for the games available otherwise you would hear reports
    that 'not one copy of Metal Gear Acid has sold across the US', or is that in
    your little 'idiotic belief' world again. Just more proof of your idiotic
    beliefs.

    RickB
  40. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote:

    > Boody Bandit wrote:
    >> "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
    >>> "Boody Bandit" <lightenup@francis.news> wrote in message

    > decisions
    > in the
    >>>
    >>> Oh and I don't dislike Sony, I'm just disappointed with the
    > decisions they
    >>> made on the PSP.
    >>>
    >>> D'oh, looks like you aren't getting anywhere with your case that
    > I'm some
    >>> POS troll.
    >>>
    >>> So far, I haven't said anything off the mark.
    >>
    >> Yeah, ok sure. *rolls-eyes*
    >> You already have the PSP as a failure (even before it came out) and
    > selling
    >> poorly, yet I haven't seen, nor have you, any sales figures on the
    > PSP in
    >> the U.S.
    >
    > Of course you all realize that if everyone posting on here were talking
    > about PSPs being sold-out everywhere and how scarce they were to
    > obtain, you'd all be in here talking about how wonderful of a launch it
    > was and taking cheap shots at Fred for his stupid predictions,
    > regardless if any sale figures had been posted yet.
    >
    >> That makes you way off the mark, again IMO.
    >
    > You know, all you folks like Android, Jojo and yourself keep claiming
    > that Fred stated the "PSP would be a failure." I just did a google
    > groups search under his email with the words "PSP" and "failure" and I
    > didn't see one single post from him that backs up your claims.
    >
    > Obviously Fred wasn't a huge fan of the PSP like the early rabid dorks
    > Skye and Rick Berry, but from I can recall he merely stated that the
    > PSP wouldn't be a run away success like the PS2 is in the console war.
    > There was no use of the word "failure" anywhere.

    Is google in the title of this newsgroup? Didn't think so Robert. You do
    know people can access alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 from more places
    and hooks than just the google boards, right? And you do know that google
    cannot search my 3rd party newsreader, right? Maybe you should go back and
    actually 'read' Fred's statements in the past about his 'thoughts' about the
    PSP not selling well or how he "predicted" it would fall on its face and not
    sell. Plus, you must not have searched too hard if you couldn't find his
    post from yesterday (lol) where he stated "Americans are not going to pay
    $40 or $50 for a Metal Gear card game". Go google that one and get back to
    us.

    RickB
  41. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > Is google in the title of this newsgroup? Didn't think so Robert. You do
    > know people can access alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 from more places
    > and hooks than just the google boards, right? And you do know that google
    > cannot search my 3rd party newsreader, right? Maybe you should go back and
    > actually 'read' Fred's statements in the past about his 'thoughts' about
    > the
    > PSP not selling well or how ***he "predicted" it would fall on its
    > face***

    I am just being silly here but doesn't ***he "predicted" it would fall on
    its face*** mean something similar to he (freddy) thought / thinks it would
    \ will fail (be a failure)?
    Yeah, I'm just being silly.
    Fred is a very level headed guy just trying to get some of us to think
    before we throw *our* own money out the window.

    > and not
    > sell. Plus, you must not have searched too hard if you couldn't find his
    > post from yesterday (lol) where he stated "Americans are not going to pay
    > $40 or $50 for a Metal Gear card game". Go google that one and get back to
    > us.
  42. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > In article <424b265f$0$3301$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    > fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
    >>
    >>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> LOL!!! You know what they say....birds of a feather stick together.
    >>
    >>Yep, like you and your charge, Mattingly. Oh, Har har har har! I pointed
    >>out something hilarious! ... sigh.
    >>

    > What...you.

    What, me worry?
  43. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    >>> So says the king of rumor and self-opinionated bullshit.
    >>
    >> Um, you're scattered as usual...
    >
    > Good one there, that retorted the statement.

    Again, you're quite scattered.

    >>> The funny thing here is, you are so against the PSP
    >>
    >> So against it I tried to import one.
    >
    > Riiigggghhhhhtttt. And the 3-wheel car is the next best selling Ford.

    ....scattered...

    >> What idiotic beliefs? I told you long ago that the PSP games were going
    >> cost more than the DS games, despite the fact that they used UMDs.
    >> That's a
    >> fact, as you can see, not an "idiotic belief". I told you the cost of
    >> the
    >> PSP would be significantly more than the DS. That was true again. I
    >> told
    >> you that the PSP's limited interest and high price would hurt the launch,
    >> as
    >> it did. There's no "idiotic beliefs" in there, just predictions that
    >> came
    >> to be true.
    >
    > These are all your opinions, I've had quite a few people tell me "oh, I
    > didn't know it was out yet, I'll have to go pick one up". I would blame
    > Sony's lack of advertising (pre-launch) on that.

    .... all adds up to limited interest ...

    What part are you missing, my remedial friend?

    > Now your trailer park's economy may not match the rest of civilization but
    > $100 is not what I consider significant (price difference) and that's just
    > the DS unit vs. the PSP value pack.

    Perhaps you wouldn't, but you are a nerd. There's a limited amount of nerds
    to market to. The majority of the handheld market is children. $100 is a
    lot to a child or a parent buying one for a child. And the price difference
    in games as well will affect the purchase choice for parents, etc.

    > Oh wait, let me guess, you already know
    > the retail price for the PSP when they sell it as a separate unit (sans
    > value pack)?

    What difference does it make? You really think that anything in the value
    pack costs much? Heck, the 32mb Duos are just old stock they are trying to
    dump due to no demand for them.

    About all you can make a case for here is that you are getting duped out of
    the price difference for tchotchke. Hardly a point worth boasting about.

    If you're going to press the issue, you get more with the DS than the PSP as
    far as "value" gaming pack-ins, and that's a game. And, while you're on the
    topic, the Duo is necessary. So, if you bought one without it, you'll still
    have to fork over the cash for one.

    What's the big deal with acknowledging the price advantage the DS has over
    the PSP? Are you such a blind zealot that you can't even handle that fact?
    No one accused you or your ilk of being level headed, eh?

    >> All the while, you and your ilk, the blind zealots that had persistant
    >> hard
    >> ons for the PSP, rabidly attacked anyone that pointed out what it was up
    >> against. Geesh.
    >
    > This makes no sense, maybe you have me confused with someone else. The
    > only
    > person I remember responding to was you and your idiotic beliefs.

    Whatever.

    >> After all the fanboy mistakes you've made, I'm the idiot?
    >
    > Umm, yeah. Care to point one out, or is this more 'scratching your head
    > because you don't know what to say bullshit'?

    Um, how about reading the post you're responding to, at least?

    >> None the less, I stand by the statement that the PSP will not drive up
    >> game
    >> prices. People aren't going to pay that much for the games for them to
    >> be
    >> profitable in the US. Japan, perhaps, but most Americans aren't going to
    >> pay $40 bucks for a Metalgear trading card game. That's the base line
    >> for a
    >> fringe title. Americans aren't going to spend 40 to 50 dollars for
    >> console
    >> rehashes, either.
    >>
    >> Sony, like I said before, has to create the market for a portable system
    >> that excludes the only real market for portables, children. As it
    >> stands,
    >> the PSP isn't the kit to do it.
    >
    > You still don't get it, do you??

    lol. Says, you, the village idiot.

    > Obviously Americans are going to pay the
    > current game prices for the games available otherwise you would hear
    > reports
    > that 'not one copy of Metal Gear Acid has sold across the US',

    I'd just chalk your comment up to feigned ignorance if I didn't know how
    dense you really were. lol.

    > or is that in
    > your little 'idiotic belief' world again. Just more proof of your idiotic
    > beliefs.

    lol. I like you!
  44. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <424c8276$0$22393$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> In article <424b265f$0$3301$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    >> fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
    >>>
    >>>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message

    >>>Yep, like you and your charge, Mattingly. Oh, Har har har har! I pointed
    >>>out something hilarious! ... sigh.
    >>>

    >> What...you.
    >
    >What, me worry?

    You said you pointed out something hilarious. Your talking about yourself
    right?
  45. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
    > >Well technically, since it is a PS2 group there shouldn't be PSP
    posts
    > >here but until a PSP group is formed this seems to be the most
    logical
    > >place for them. But I'm not here to push button unless someone
    attacks
    > >my opinion/reasons for not wanting on at this time. I don't mind
    > >seeing PSP posts here because it gives me a chance to absorb more
    and
    > >more opinions about it (whether they be negative or positive).
    > >

    > Cool but it just seems kinda fishy when you and Fred were tag teaming
    anybody
    > who was posting positive things about the PSP four or five weeks ago.

    Maybe a better summary of my position would be this.

    Why can't both systems flourish? They both offer unique features.
    Personally I see them targeting different markets so they aren't really
    competing against each other in my eyes.
  46. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > Personally I see them targeting different markets so they aren't really
    > competing against each other in my eyes.

    True.
  47. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <424dc2ec$0$22379$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

    >"Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> Personally I see them targeting different markets so they aren't really
    >> competing against each other in my eyes.
    >
    >True.

    Not true at all. While the DS does lean towards younger gamers they still have
    a large target group that they share.
  48. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Mattinglyfan (deez nuts) wrote:

    > > Cool but it just seems kinda fishy when you and Fred were tag
    teaming
    > > anybody
    > > who was posting positive things about the PSP four or five weeks
    ago.

    > I actually posted a quote from RPH where he called Fred on saying
    that the
    > PSP would not have a successful launch so I wouldn't necessarily put
    them in
    > the category.

    And the thing is I believe any level-headed person knew it was going to
    be successful (read: good/solid) launch. Now was it a PS2-level launch
    in terms of popularity? No, but it wasn't an N-Gage-level flop either.
  49. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > Mattinglyfan (deez nuts) wrote:
    >> >
    >> > Cool but it just seems kinda fishy when you and Fred were tag
    > teaming
    >> > anybody
    >> > who was posting positive things about the PSP four or five weeks
    > ago.
    >> >

    >> I actually posted a quote from RPH where he called Fred on saying
    > that the
    >> PSP would not have a successful launch so I wouldn't necessarily put
    > them in
    >> the category.
    >
    > And the thing is I believe any level-headed person knew it was going to
    > be successful (read: good/solid) launch. Now was it a PS2-level launch
    > in terms of popularity? No, but it wasn't an N-Gage-level flop either.

    How much did the PS2 launch with? I thought there was a shortage so I doubt
    that it did more than 1/2 million units. I would venture a guess to say the
    PSP has done at least that the more I read about it. Like I said earlier, I
    thought that selling 300,000 would constitute a very "solid" launch just as
    you said (because it falls in between the PS2's 500,000 and the n-gage's
    417) but all indicators is that it is close to double that number after 7
    days. That is a kick ass launch when you think about how moronic the
    advertising was and the thing costs an arm and a leg. If it was under $200,
    I would honestly consider getting one for my 5 year old and having 3 in the
    house. I had a BBQ yesterday and 2 of my co-workers left early to go pick
    one up. One said she wanted to get one for her boyfriend for her birthday
    because she had heard about it but after spending 10 minutes watching video
    and listening to music on mine, she said "F..... that, I am going to get one
    of these for myself and he can get his own."

Console Gaming PlayStation Games Sony Video Games