PSP will not drive up game prices

No need to worry about the PSP driving up game prices. PSP, the unit and
games, are priced outside of what demand will allow. They will have to come
down in price to become profitable. Stores won't waste the shelf space on a
system that isn't moving and Sony will have to do something about it.

All in all, it doesn't look good for the PSP in America. It would need to
move many more units to get the support needed to maintain the product line.

"Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
> No need to worry about the PSP driving up game prices. PSP, the unit and
> games, are priced outside of what demand will allow. They will have to
come
> down in price to become profitable. Stores won't waste the shelf space on
> system that isn't moving and Sony will have to do something about it.
>
> All in all, it doesn't look good for the PSP in America. It would need to
> move many more units to get the support needed to maintain the product
line.

Not bad. You waited five whole days after launch to pronounce the PSP a
failure. I'm surprised you had that much patience...

Android wrote:
> "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
> > No need to worry about the PSP driving up game prices. PSP, the
unit and
> > games, are priced outside of what demand will allow. They will
have to
> come
> > down in price to become profitable. Stores won't waste the shelf
space on
> > system that isn't moving and Sony will have to do something about
it.

> > All in all, it doesn't look good for the PSP in America. It would
need to
> > move many more units to get the support needed to maintain the
product
> line.
>
> Not bad. You waited five whole days after launch to pronounce the
PSP a
> failure. I'm surprised you had that much patience...

Almost matches your five day wait in proclaiming it's flaws (e.g. dead
pixels) to be overblown. I guess you've each earned a cookie.

"Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

> Android wrote:
> > "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
> > > No need to worry about the PSP driving up game prices. PSP, the
> unit and
> > > games, are priced outside of what demand will allow. They will
> have to
> > come
> > > down in price to become profitable. Stores won't waste the shelf
> space on
> > > system that isn't moving and Sony will have to do something about
> it.
> > >
> > > All in all, it doesn't look good for the PSP in America. It would
> need to
> > > move many more units to get the support needed to maintain the
> product
> > line.
> >
> > Not bad. You waited five whole days after launch to pronounce the
> PSP a
> > failure. I'm surprised you had that much patience...
>
> Almost matches your five day wait in proclaiming it's flaws (e.g. dead
> pixels) to be overblown. I guess you've each earned a cookie.

Apples and Oranges.

Freddie was posting about the PSP being a failure well before the system was
ever released, and now he says it "doesn't look good for the PSP in America"
(based upon what?) despite the fact that we haven't even seen any official
sales figures yet. He's clearly a guy who wanted the PSP to fail and is now
trying to convince himself/us that it was, in fact, a dud...when it is far
too early to tell either way. And he doesn't even own one.

On the other hand, my comment that a few stuck/dead pixels have absolutely
no detrimental effect on a screen of 130,560 pixels is my personal opinion
based upon my own experience...it has nothing to do with whether or not I
want the PSP to succeed.

On 3/29/05 6:47 PM, in article 4249f65c$1$3245$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com, "Fred
Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote:

So says the king of rumor and self-opinionated bullshit.

The funny thing here is, you are so against the PSP that you now feel the
need to create new threads based on your own idiotic beliefs. Now if this
isn't trolling please explain.

RickB

Boody Bandit wrote:
> "Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

> >> unit and
> >> have to
> >> space on
> >> it.

> >> need to
> >> product

> >> PSP a
> >>
> >> Almost matches your five day wait in proclaiming it's flaws (e.g.
dead
> >> pixels) to be overblown. I guess you've each earned a cookie.
> >
> > Apples and Oranges.
> >
> > Freddie was posting about the PSP being a failure well before the
system
> > was
> > ever released, and now he says it "doesn't look good for the PSP in

> > America"
> > (based upon what?) despite the fact that we haven't even seen any
official
> > sales figures yet. He's clearly a guy who wanted the PSP to fail
and is
> > now
> > trying to convince himself/us that it was, in fact, a dud...when it
is far
> > too early to tell either way. And he doesn't even own one.
> >
> > On the other hand, my comment that a few stuck/dead pixels have
absolutely
> > no detrimental effect on a screen of 130,560 pixels is my personal
opinion
> > based upon my own experience...it has nothing to do with whether or
not I
> > want the PSP to succeed.
>
> *stand on chair and applauds*
> Fred Liken is a cowardly troll plain and simple.

How are his anti-PSP comments in the PS2 groups any different than your
anti-Gamecube comments in the GC group you were posting a few months
ago?

Android wrote:
> "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Android wrote:
> > > "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
> > unit and
> > have to
> > > come
> > space on
> > it.

> > need to
> > product
> > > line.
> > >
> > > Not bad. You waited five whole days after launch to pronounce
the
> > PSP a
> > > failure. I'm surprised you had that much patience...
> >
> > Almost matches your five day wait in proclaiming it's flaws (e.g.
dead
> > pixels) to be overblown. I guess you've each earned a cookie.
>
> Apples and Oranges.

No, not really. You are both trying to justify your "side." He's
clearly not enamoured with the product and doesn't see it going like
gang-busters in the US, while you feel it's the second coming and
believe dead pixels out of the box is perfectly acceptable.

I see no difference in your actions, just you're on different sides of
the aisle.

> Freddie was posting about the PSP being a failure well before the
system was
> ever released, and now he says it "doesn't look good for the PSP in
America"
> (based upon what?)

I assumed based on the underwhelming launch but I'm certainly not going
to speak for him. I'm sure he'll be here soon to elaborate.

> despite the fact that we haven't even seen any official
> sales figures yet. He's clearly a guy who wanted the PSP to fail and
is now
> trying to convince himself/us that it was, in fact, a dud...when it
is far
> too early to tell either way. And he doesn't even own one.

I was under the assumption he owned a Japanese one? Perhaps I have him
confused with someone else.

> On the other hand, my comment that a few stuck/dead pixels have
absolutely
> no detrimental effect on a screen of 130,560 pixels is my personal
opinion
> based upon my own experience...it has nothing to do with whether or
not I
> want the PSP to succeed.

Ahh, but you do want the PSP to succeed (which is perfectly fine).

Boody Bandit wrote:
> "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Boody Bandit wrote:
> >> "Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message

PSP,
> > the
> > will
> > shelf
> > about

It
> > would

> > the

> > dead

> > system

> > official
> > and is
> > is far

> > absolutely
> > opinion
> > not I
> >>
> >> *stand on chair and applauds*
> >> Fred Liken is a cowardly troll plain and simple.
> >
> > How are his anti-PSP comments in the PS2 groups any different than
your
> > anti-Gamecube comments in the GC group you were posting a few
months
> > ago?
>
> A-duh!
> Gee let me see.....
> I owned a GameCube system and most of the top rated games?
> Fred is a troll. A pretty darn good one but a troll none the less.

He's no more a troll than you are.

"Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

> Boody Bandit wrote:
>> "Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

> the
> will
> shelf
> about

> would

> the

> dead
>> >
>> > Apples and Oranges.
>> >
>> > Freddie was posting about the PSP being a failure well before the
> system
>> > was
>> > ever released, and now he says it "doesn't look good for the PSP in
>
>> > America"
>> > (based upon what?) despite the fact that we haven't even seen any
> official
>> > sales figures yet. He's clearly a guy who wanted the PSP to fail
> and is
>> > now
>> > trying to convince himself/us that it was, in fact, a dud...when it
> is far
>> > too early to tell either way. And he doesn't even own one.
>> >
>> > On the other hand, my comment that a few stuck/dead pixels have
> absolutely
>> > no detrimental effect on a screen of 130,560 pixels is my personal
> opinion
>> > based upon my own experience...it has nothing to do with whether or
> not I
>> > want the PSP to succeed.
>>
>> *stand on chair and applauds*
>> Fred Liken is a cowardly troll plain and simple.
>
> How are his anti-PSP comments in the PS2 groups any different than your
> anti-Gamecube comments in the GC group you were posting a few months
> ago?

*Puts down Mario Kart and grabs popcorn and a chair*

Boody Bandit wrote:
> "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
> > "Boody Bandit" <lightenup@francis.news> wrote in message
> >
> >> Oh and I don't dislike Nintendo, I'm just disappointed with the
decisions
> >> they had made for the past 10 years.
> >> I still enjoy "some" of their games even though I feel they live
in the
> >> past.
> >
> > Oh and I don't dislike Sony, I'm just disappointed with the
decisions they
> > made on the PSP.
> >
> > D'oh, looks like you aren't getting anywhere with your case that
I'm some
> > POS troll.
> >
> > So far, I haven't said anything off the mark.
>
> Yeah, ok sure. *rolls-eyes*
> You already have the PSP as a failure (even before it came out) and
selling
> poorly, yet I haven't seen, nor have you, any sales figures on the
PSP in
> the U.S.

Of course you all realize that if everyone posting on here were talking
about PSPs being sold-out everywhere and how scarce they were to
obtain, you'd all be in here talking about how wonderful of a launch it
was and taking cheap shots at Fred for his stupid predictions,
regardless if any sale figures had been posted yet.

> That makes you way off the mark, again IMO.

You know, all you folks like Android, Jojo and yourself keep claiming
that Fred stated the "PSP would be a failure." I just did a google
groups search under his email with the words "PSP" and "failure" and I
didn't see one single post from him that backs up your claims.

Obviously Fred wasn't a huge fan of the PSP like the early rabid dorks
Skye and Rick Berry, but from I can recall he merely stated that the
PSP wouldn't be a run away success like the PS2 is in the console war.
There was no use of the word "failure" anywhere.

> A-duh!
> Gee let me see.....
> I owned a GameCube system and most of the top rated games?

I own a Playstation 2. Play it all the time.

What's your point? Geesh.

"Rick Berry" <rberry883@comcast.net> wrote in message

> So says the king of rumor and self-opinionated bullshit.

Um, you're scattered as usual...

> The funny thing here is, you are so against the PSP

So against it I tried to import one.

> that you now feel the need to create new threads based on your
> own idiotic beliefs.

What idiotic beliefs? I told you long ago that the PSP games were going to
cost more than the DS games, despite the fact that they used UMDs. That's a
fact, as you can see, not an "idiotic belief". I told you the cost of the
PSP would be significantly more than the DS. That was true again. I told
you that the PSP's limited interest and high price would hurt the launch, as
it did. There's no "idiotic beliefs" in there, just predictions that came
to be true.

All the while, you and your ilk, the blind zealots that had persistant hard
ons for the PSP, rabidly attacked anyone that pointed out what it was up
against. Geesh.

After all the fanboy mistakes you've made, I'm the idiot?

None the less, I stand by the statement that the PSP will not drive up game
prices. People aren't going to pay that much for the games for them to be
profitable in the US. Japan, perhaps, but most Americans aren't going to
pay $40 bucks for a Metalgear trading card game. That's the base line for a
fringe title. Americans aren't going to spend 40 to 50 dollars for console
rehashes, either.

Sony, like I said before, has to create the market for a portable system
that excludes the only real market for portables, children. As it stands,
the PSP isn't the kit to do it.

> Boody Bandit wrote:
>> "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

> PSP,
>> > the
>> > will
>> > shelf
>> > about

> It
>> > would
> the

> pronounce
>> > the

> (e.g.
>> > dead

> the
>> > system
> in

> any
>> > official
> fail
>> > and is
> it
>> > is far

>> > absolutely
> personal
>> > opinion
> or
>> > not I

>> > How are his anti-PSP comments in the PS2 groups any different than
> your
>> > anti-Gamecube comments in the GC group you were posting a few
> months
>> > ago?
>>
>> A-duh!
>> Gee let me see.....
>> I owned a GameCube system and most of the top rated games?
>> Fred is a troll. A pretty darn good one but a troll none the less.
>
> He's no more a troll than you are.

and no more than you are

Mattinglyfan (deez nuts) wrote:
> "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Boody Bandit wrote:
> >> "Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message

> > decisions
> > in the

> > decisions they

> > I'm some

> >> Yeah, ok sure. *rolls-eyes*
> >> You already have the PSP as a failure (even before it came out)
and
> > selling
> >> poorly, yet I haven't seen, nor have you, any sales figures on the
> > PSP in
> >> the U.S.
> >
> > Of course you all realize that if everyone posting on here were
talking
> > about PSPs being sold-out everywhere and how scarce they were to
> > obtain, you'd all be in here talking about how wonderful of a
launch it
> > was and taking cheap shots at Fred for his stupid predictions,
> > regardless if any sale figures had been posted yet.
> >
> >> That makes you way off the mark, again IMO.
> >
> > You know, all you folks like Android, Jojo and yourself keep
claiming
> > that Fred stated the "PSP would be a failure." I just did a google
> > groups search under his email with the words "PSP" and "failure"
and I
> > didn't see one single post from him that backs up your claims.
> >
> > Obviously Fred wasn't a huge fan of the PSP like the early rabid
dorks
> > Skye and Rick Berry, but from I can recall he merely stated that
the
> > PSP wouldn't be a run away success like the PS2 is in the console
war.
> > There was no use of the word "failure" anywhere.
> >

> No, he didn't use the word failure but he made some pretty outrageous
claims
> though. So outrageous in fact that a certain level-headed individual
at one
> point, called him on his denial of a successful launch for the PSP.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/4u9rh

He certainly did take some pot-shots at it, but like I said, he never
said it would fail.

> He even lied about having one.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/667w4
>
> "I got mine yesterday, but it's busted. I'll have to wait months
before
> it'll get back."

How do we know he lied about it tho?

> He also said the graphics look like "Pixel vomit".

In fairness that was back in Sept, way before the system even launched
in Japan. If he still feels the graphics are "pixel vomit" now that
it's come out, then he has eye problems.

> "Boody Bandit" <lightenup@francis.news> wrote in message
>
>> A-duh!
>> Gee let me see.....
>> I owned a GameCube system and most of the top rated games?
>
> I own a Playstation 2. Play it all the time.
>
> What's your point? Geesh.

The fact that you don't own nor do you ever want to a PSP.
Yet you have been on the smear campaign against it months before it's
launch.
MO that makes you a troll

Fred Liken wrote:
> > The funny thing here is, you are so against the PSP
>
> So against it I tried to import one.

Can you explain this?

I believe at one time you said you owned a PSP, but it was busted and
would take weeks to get back. But here you're saying you only *tried*
to import one.

> [...]

> in

> any
>> > official
> fail
>> > and is
> it
>> > is far

>> > absolutely
> personal
>> > opinion
> or
>> > not I

>> > How are his anti-PSP comments in the PS2 groups any different than
> your
>> > anti-Gamecube comments in the GC group you were posting a few
> months
>> > ago?
>>
>> A-duh!
>> Gee let me see.....
>> I owned a GameCube system and most of the top rated games?
>> Fred is a troll. A pretty darn good one but a troll none the less.

btw Greg, most of what I have ever said about Nintendo people agree with,
including one of Nintendo's biggest fans... Leon.

> Yeah, ok sure. *rolls-eyes*

> You already have the PSP as a failure (even before it came out)

Where? Failure's a strong word that I doubt you could ever site me using.

> and selling poorly,

It is selling poorly compared to what Mattingly, Doug, MSjojo, Jeremy
Williams, etc, claimed would be the case between that and the DS, etc.

> yet I haven't seen, nor have you, any sales figures on the PSP in the U.S.

Doesn't matter. Fact is that they are to be had all over the place. They
aren't moving like everyone said they would. A couple numbskulls in this
group were even worried they wouldn't be able to get one or buying extras to
scalp on eBay. lol. It was dumb.

> That makes you way off the mark, again IMO.

Luckily, your opinion isn't worth much. :)

> Fred Liken wrote:
>> > The funny thing here is, you are so against the PSP
>>
>> So against it I tried to import one.
>
> Can you explain this?
>
> I believe at one time you said you owned a PSP, but it was busted and
> would take weeks to get back. But here you're saying you only *tried*
> to import one.

It was DOA. I gave up on getting it back and just had them credit me. I
still have the games though, but just haven't gotten around to getting
another PSP mainly due to Tekken 5, Minish Cap, and mostly work. I'll
probably wait for a "must have" at this point or a price drop.