I have been banging my head against a wall for the past two days after my system build. System stats:
Win 8 x64
Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Cooler Master 212 EVO
2 x 8 GB Gskill 2400
Sapphire HD 7950
Rosewill Capstone 650w GOLD
250 GB Samsung 840 SSD
usb dvd rom for installing things
Everything was a breeze with the build, and going smoothly, till I noticed my download and upload speeds. I am paying for a 40mb down 10 up connection and regularly get close to those speeds. As many others have stated, other systems work fine. I am having an issue where wirelessly I get maybe 300 kb/s that's right KB. and with a cat6 lan cable I max out at about 3.5 mb/s down.
I started by installing Windows, then did the updates, and when I saw that it had already found several up to date mobo drivers I was relieved. However, I noticed it took literally like an hour to download about 200mb of updates. I thought oh well it's new. Then when trying to install steam games I noticed the pathetic speeds. I have since updated the BIOS from 1508 to 1704, and the Ethernet driver to 22.214.171.124 and the Atheros wireless one to 10.0.0.67 I double checked on both ASUS and intel / Atheros websites. These should be the most up to date drivers. Yet nothing I do is changing the speed, even the connection appears solid, and the driver numbers are changing.
I also have tried installing and uninstalling the AI Suite II. Right now it is mostly installed with the exception of the network iControl. The only odd thing is Intel and ASUS say the NIC driver should be like 17.x.x.x and it's only showing 12 in my system. HELP HELP HELP! Please tell me I've overlooked some technical detail and it's an easy fix.