Closed Solved

Gtx 560 2gb vs Gtx 560 Ti 1gb

Other than the obvious 1gb memory diff, and the loss of one shader core when going with the plain jane 560, and of course the price difference. Is there any compelling reason that one is a major performance increase over the other, for instance the loss of that shader core affecting game play. I am primarily an MMO player, although I do play FPS'. I will not be running this in SLI at this time but I will be upgrading latter.

Current build set up

Intel i5-2500k
ASUS P8Z68-V Pro (would rather have Gigabyte G1.Sniper2 or the Asus Maximus Extreme Gen-z Rog)
CoolerMaster HAF 932
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600 Cas 8
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SATA III (for my OS and games)
COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series 1000W (maybe a bit much for this build but I am going sli later)
Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Windows 7 64 bit
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about tomshardware
  1. Best answer
    I don't think it'll make a lot of difference. This review (http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6950-1gb-vs-geforce-gtx-560-ti-review/18) found next to no difference between the 1- and 2-gb 6950s, and little difference between either and the 560 Ti, so I'd just get a nice Twin Frozr or EVGA Superclocked model and save a few dollars.
  2. The only difference you will see is if you go past 1080p , then the extra 1gb of ram will be needed. If you have or will get a monitor that has 2560x1600 you will need the extra ram.
  3. I don't mean to attack you Inzone, but I've seen this posted enough that its bugging me.

Quote:
    The only difference you will see is if you go past 1080p , then the extra 1gb of ram will be needed

Did you read the supplied link?

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6950-1gb-vs-geforce-gtx-560-ti-review/18

Quote:
    So first off, did you guys check the difference in-between the 1GB and 2GB 6950 versions as well, yeah ... the results are nearly NIL. The added benefit of an extra full GB is excruciatingly hard to measure, even with all games setup with the best image quality settings, hefty shaders and massive textures.
  4. Best answer selected by Razashamra.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Graphics Product