Sign in with
Your question

USB not being recognized in EZ flash 2

Last response: in Motherboards
December 31, 2012 4:04:44 AM

hey guys, i recently had to buy a different CPU so i could update my current BIOS which is 802(mobo is m5a78l mx plus) and i took all the steps to make sure my usb would work, i formatted, mad sure it was FAT32 format, tried NSFT format, etc. but nothing would get it recognized, there was an A drive that was in FAT format, but it seems to have dissappeared. IM also having the issue where it says: A disk error has occured. If anyone can answer either question thatd be great, thanks!

More about : usb recognized flash

December 31, 2012 6:30:47 AM

Maybe try another flash drive? If you followed all the steps its should go flawlessly, unless your drive is dead.
m
l
December 31, 2012 6:46:53 AM

circumventor said:
Maybe try another flash drive? If you followed all the steps its should go flawlessly, unless your drive is dead.

could it be the fact that im using FAT32 and not just FAT? my usb is 32 gb and for FAT you need less than 2 gb i think.
m
l
February 16, 2014 7:13:05 PM

SedativeLeek said:
hey guys, i recently had to buy a different CPU so i could update my current BIOS which is 802(mobo is m5a78l mx plus) and i took all the steps to make sure my usb would work, i formatted, mad sure it was FAT32 format, tried NSFT format, etc. but nothing would get it recognized, there was an A drive that was in FAT format, but it seems to have dissappeared. IM also having the issue where it says: A disk error has occured. If anyone can answer either question thatd be great, thanks!

By now I am sure you have gotten your answer, but just in case others come looking: I was having the same issue; I own an Asus P5Q Deluxe and had never upgraded the BIOS and had gotten away with it too having used only Windows XP. But I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and started having stability issues, so I couldn't avoid updating the BIOS any longer. I was using a 4GB USB flash disk and no matter what I did the EZ Flash utility in the BIOS would not recognize the Flash Disk with the new BIOS version. Finally I recall reading sometime back that the Flash disk has to be a small size, under 1GB for instance. I borrowed my wife's old 512MB USB stick and BAM, that did the trick. The USB popped up right away in the EZ Flash 2 Utility and I updated my BIOS. Yes, both USB sticks were formatted as FAT32, and I didn't change any of the USB settings in the BIOS before the update.
m
l
!