andrew24wow

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
I bought this mobo a while back(Oct.)(10/2/12) and the new veshria chips came out after I bought the mobo, so I bought the amd FX-6300 to go with it.*This is my first build* I am waiting for the gpu to arrive then I will build it, but I heard you need to update the bios how can I possibly do that?I am very confused now. Will the computer post and go to the bios or what will happen what is the worst and least case that can happen after I install this cpu :??: Thank you!

Solution
It won't boot successfully. You nee to flash/update BIOS. Just borrow a friend's CPU (AMD that is socket am3) then use it to boot, then flash BIOS through USB or update via software updater provided by the manufacturer.
Here is my suggested method for flashing the BIOS to the latest without having to purchase an inexpensive CPU. Contact your local computer repair shop (A real computer reapair shop, the geeks at BB probably can't help here...) and find out what they will charge to flash your BIOS. A small local shop is far more likely to have a CPU available for that kind of thing (from my experiences) and should charge a minimal fee for the service.
The alternative option of course is to buy a used CPU or even a new single core sempron CPU for about $40, flash the BIOS and then sell the CPU on Ebay
Hope it helps

andrew24wow

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

There are no computer stores in my area :/ as well I litterly have no money.

empty213

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
Most motherboard manufacturer has a downloadable manual in their site for their motherboards, occasionally they have a manual or you can find help there on how to flash your BIOS/update your BIOS. Example: MSI shows how to flash BIOS on their site, just search the model of your board then manuals. Buy the lowest and cheapest Phenom you can find, use that processor to boot your system then update BIOS, sell the phenom when you're done or use it for another system.

empty213

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
It won't boot successfully. You nee to flash/update BIOS. Just borrow a friend's CPU (AMD that is socket am3) then use it to boot, then flash BIOS through USB or update via software updater provided by the manufacturer.

Solution

andrew24wow

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

I did boot up successively so I shall close this topic/thread.