Solved

Which processor socket and processor is best for my rig?

I want to upgrade my rig and I don't know which processor socket and which processor is best for my rig. I am using Intel right now and never used AMD processor. Is AMD AM3+ or FM1uPGA is latest? And in Intel for i3 model which processor socket is latest? I want to buy only motherboard and processor.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about which processor socket processor
  1. one_love said:
    I want to upgrade my rig and I don't know which processor socket and which processor is best for my rig. I am using Intel right now and never used AMD processor. Is AMD AM3+ or FM1uPGA is latest? And in Intel for i3 model which processor socket is latest? I want to buy only motherboard and processor.



    X79 chipset LGA 2011 socket is the latest, Sandy Bridge-E Intel core i7 3930K, these are latest high end Motherboard and CPU.
  2. aqe040466 said:
    X79 chipset LGA 2011 socket is the latest, Sandy Bridge-E Intel core i7 3930K, these are latest high end Motherboard and CPU.

    Thanks for your quick reply. Can you tell me INTEL or AMD is better? AMD 3.6 GHz AM3+ FX4100 Processor is costing same as Intel 3.1 GHz LGA1155 Core i3-2100 Processor. Which is better?
  3. Best answer
  4. If you need stronger CPU performance, go with Intel (LGA 1155). If you need stronger integrated graphics performance go with an AMD APU (socket FM1).
  5. one_love said:
    Thanks for your quick reply. Can you tell me INTEL or AMD is better? AMD 3.6 GHz AM3+ FX4100 Processor is costing same as Intel 3.1 GHz LGA1155 Core i3-2100 Processor. Which is better?


    The gaming tests show the results are too close to call between these two . If you were gaming you wouldnt be able to tell which one was in a computer by just using it .

    In multimedia and office applications the FX is the better processor , because it can run 4 real threads [ the i3 has two real threads and two virtual ""hyper" threads ] , and that will mean when you are multitasking its less likely to get slowed down . Again there wont be much in it .

    At full speed the FX uses a little more power , but unless you are running at 100% 24/7 its not going to make any difference you will notice .

    IMO buy on price , and that means the FX since the mb's are also better featured . Make sure you use an AM3+ board with either a 970 or 990 series chipset . These start at about $85
  6. Best answer selected by one_love.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Socket AMD Intel Processors Product