Sign in with
Your question

Need Help Choosing a Motherboard from this list

Last response: in Motherboards
December 31, 2012 5:19:48 AM

http://microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?N=429...

I am buying an i5 3570k and will be getting a new motherboard as well. I currently have an HD Radeon 6950 2gb. I am mainly into gaming with this pc and maybe some side schoolwork. I don't really care too much about overclocking (although it could be fun) and I don't plan on crossfiring either. Obviously I prefer the cheapest quality option. Which one do you guys think I should get?
December 31, 2012 5:59:26 AM

Also I have one more question if any one can answer it- I am replacing my current amd cpu + mobo. Does this do anything to my hard drive or save files?
a b V Motherboard
December 31, 2012 6:21:45 AM

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H is your best bet for quality, price and performance. If you want something cheaper, I'd recommend MSI Z77A-G45!
Related resources
December 31, 2012 6:30:52 AM

Yeah i was leaning towards the UD3H. Seems like the best bang for the buck! Do you know anything I need to do if I am switching from amd to intel?
December 31, 2012 6:33:21 AM

FRESH INSTALL WINDOWS! My buddy tried to get away with just plugging in a hard drive with a windows install from an AMD build on his new Intel build and was super mad that it didn't work. Just know ahead of time back up all your stuff you want to keep because there is no switching between the two. Other than that its pretty much the same there are no drivers needed for Intel and all of your components work the same. Fresh installs of Windows are soooo nice :)  I do it once a month!
December 31, 2012 6:40:28 AM

alright awesome thanks for letting me know! I will also probably be using windows 8. So the consensus is the gigabyte version is the best?
December 31, 2012 11:39:56 AM

"Also I have one more question if any one can answer it- I am replacing my current amd cpu + mobo. Does this do anything to my hard drive or save files?
"

well actually, yes..since windows only recognizes your components upon installation. when you change your mobo, you have to install new OS for that OS to recognize again your new mobo..well you can always choose not to format your hard drive when installing a new OS, though those old files of your old OS will be there, but it will not do any harm, it'll just cost your space, or simple just delete that old windows folder. that's more convinient. but for assurance, just backup your files, format your HDD then install your windows 8 ^_^
December 31, 2012 2:51:36 PM

Thanks for the replies again guys! Now sorry for changing my Ming again but the Asus p8z77 V Lk is $119.99 after rebate while the gigabyte one is $134.99. Do you guys think the gigabyte one is $15 better?
a b V Motherboard
January 1, 2013 2:32:48 AM

Gigabyte UD3H supports 2800 OC DRAM Frequency meanwhile the ASUS one only supports 2400 OC.. other than that all the rest are of your preference/choosing.
!