PSU for my setup?

Vitaminzed

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
My system will have 2 XFX 7970s, a Corsair Carbide 500r, 1 HDD, 1 DVD reader/writer, and the BOXDX79 Intel mobo. Would a XION XON-1000P14F PSU work with the setup? If not, what PSU should I use?

Solution
For a system using two Radeon HD 7970 graphics cards in 2-way CrossFireX mode AMD specifies a minimum of an 750 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 59 Amps or greater and have at least two 6-pin and two 8-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Continuous Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important.

The Corsair Gaming Series GS800 (CMPSU-800G), with its combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 65 Amps and with four (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is...
D

Deleted member 217926

Do not get a Xion brand anything but especially a power supply. The power supply is the most improtant part of your system.

Good brands are Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, XFX, Silverstone, Enermax and Antec.

As stated above you need a good 750w power supply for 2 x HD7970s in Crossfire.

For a system using two Radeon HD 7970 graphics cards in 2-way CrossFireX mode AMD specifies a minimum of an 750 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 59 Amps or greater and have at least two 6-pin and two 8-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Continuous Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important.

The Corsair Gaming Series GS800 (CMPSU-800G), with its combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 65 Amps and with four (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is sufficient to power your system configuration with two Radeon HD 7970 in 2-way CrossFireX mode.

Solution