Motorola MPX200 opinions please

Last response: in Network Providers
June 20, 2005 9:07:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream (More info?)

Does anyone have a Motorola MPX200 Window Smartphone, and can give me
any comments on it?

The current model is MPX220 and has bluetooth and a camera. The MPX200
is the older one which lacks those. I think these were sold by
Cingular in the US. But maybe not. Were they?

Has anyone used an unlocked one on T-mobile? Does web browsing work?

I read the reviews on phonescoop, either rotten or great. Heh. Hard
to say which is valid.

Especially -- Does it crash, fail to work/ring/dial and have to be
rebooted?

How is web browsing, representation of the websites? This is where I
see shortcomings in most phones today. Fouled up tables, buttons not
looking like buttons so you can't click them or read them to tell what
they are for.

Thanks in advance!
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 9:07:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream (More info?)

I have an unlocked MPx220 on T-Mobile and my wife has an MPx200 on
T-Mobile. Works great, never crashes, never has to be rebooted.

Steevo@my-deja.com wrote:
> Does anyone have a Motorola MPX200 Window Smartphone, and can give me
> any comments on it?
>
> The current model is MPX220 and has bluetooth and a camera. The MPX200
> is the older one which lacks those. I think these were sold by
> Cingular in the US. But maybe not. Were they?
>
> Has anyone used an unlocked one on T-mobile? Does web browsing work?
>
> I read the reviews on phonescoop, either rotten or great. Heh. Hard
> to say which is valid.
>
> Especially -- Does it crash, fail to work/ring/dial and have to be
> rebooted?
>
> How is web browsing, representation of the websites? This is where I
> see shortcomings in most phones today. Fouled up tables, buttons not
> looking like buttons so you can't click them or read them to tell what
> they are for.
>
> Thanks in advance!

June 21, 2005 6:42:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream (More info?)

Cingular had many problems with them and stopped selling them. Motorola is
supposedly making corrections and they may return to the lineup in the
future.

Fred

!