clearing out startup list

cp

after clearing the check boxes in msconfigs startup list , how do I remove
the entries? Some of the programs are already gone from the computer .

Thanks

CP

Hi CP,

The entries are commonly listed in the following places in the registry
(Start/Run registry):

Or in these locations:

C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Start Menu\Programs
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

You may delete them from there but caution is strongly advised in editing
the regsitry.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"CP" <civicport@bu.net.au> wrote in message
> after clearing the check boxes in msconfigs startup list , how do I remove
> the entries? Some of the programs are already gone from the computer .
>
> Thanks
>
> CP

Hi CP,

After you uncheck the entries, they are no longer present under the RUN
keys. Re-enable the entries and do what Anando suggested. Or, to clear the
disabled entries, try this:

The unchecked [disabled] items in MSCONFIG are present here:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg]

You may either delete the keys manually, or download a VBS from:

Clear Disabled Items from Msconfig Startup [Line 148]

Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Window XP Shell/User
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k