My Computer - 2 Problems

1. Why is it that I can't get My Computer to automatically open in Detail
View, and with the left-hand pane showing the folder tree?

2. It oftern happens that when I open my computer it comes up in Thumbnails
view, even though when I closed it down it was in detail view, and I have
clicken on "Apply to all Folders".

Thanks

Problem 1. Open folders in Windows Explorer mode by default (i.e. with
folder pane enabled):
http://www.winxptutor.com/folderpane.htm

Problem 2. Run this fix:

Increase Folder View Options Limit: (Line 2):

Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Window XP Shell/User
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

"aussiem" <aussiem@garbagehotmail.com> wrote in message
1. Why is it that I can't get My Computer to automatically open in Detail
View, and with the left-hand pane showing the folder tree?

2. It oftern happens that when I open my computer it comes up in Thumbnails
view, even though when I closed it down it was in detail view, and I have
clicken on "Apply to all Folders".

Thanks

Thanks a million.

The first one worked like a charm, so I assume the second one will too. I
can't tell because as I wrote in the original post, it only happens some of
the time.

Thanks again.

> Problem 1. Open folders in Windows Explorer mode by default (i.e. with
> folder pane enabled):
> http://www.winxptutor.com/folderpane.htm
>
> Problem 2. Run this fix:
>
> Increase Folder View Options Limit: (Line 2):

> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Window XP Shell/User
> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
>

> "aussiem" <aussiem@garbagehotmail.com> wrote in message
> 1. Why is it that I can't get My Computer to automatically open in Detail
> View, and with the left-hand pane showing the folder tree?
>
> 2. It oftern happens that when I open my computer it comes up in
Thumbnails
> view, even though when I closed it down it was in detail view, and I have
> clicken on "Apply to all Folders".
>
> Thanks

You're welcome. Here is an excellent note from David Candy, regarding the
folder views:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&selm=eDI9AAnfEHA.720%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl