Sign in with
Your question
Closed

My audio does not seem to want to work

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
November 24, 2011 2:54:57 AM

Hey community,

I recently built a computer out of spare parts and treated myself to a new case (I used my old one in the spare parts comupter). Everything runs fine in both computers, they boot into Windows and such. Fully functional besides this little thing in my main rig.

For some reason, the audio just does not want to work. It does not pick up any audio that I might have plugged in (my speakers). There are only 5 options for sound and the AMD HDMI output. None of them work.

Any insight will be very helpful

Thanks,
-Gunner

More about : audio work

a b B Homebuilt system
November 24, 2011 3:10:23 AM

update the latest driver for audio chipset
Score
a b B Homebuilt system
November 24, 2011 3:36:22 AM

I tried that, and the installer stated that (there was no HD audio device detected" or something like that.
Score
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
November 24, 2011 3:41:08 AM

what is the audio chipset and does it is onboard or from graphic card
Score
a b B Homebuilt system
November 24, 2011 6:10:47 PM

It is the onboard audio. I attempted to install the drivers for it and it says that "we can't find the HD audio device." or something like that. The audio works on HDMI for both my 6950 and my 460 (tried them both) but not for the rear 3.5mm jack.
Score
a b B Homebuilt system
November 25, 2011 12:52:54 AM

what is the name and model of motherboard ,give also the name of audio chipset realteck or via
Score
a b B Homebuilt system
November 25, 2011 5:13:21 AM

I have an ASUS M4A785-M with a VIA chipset.
Score

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
November 28, 2011 12:36:52 AM

whe got the same chipset from asus load the next driver from via http://www.via.com.tw/en/support/drivers.jsp
a b B Homebuilt system
December 8, 2011 3:05:48 AM

I decided to get a new PCI soundcard, since I really did not want to work to get it to work, and I had a $40 gift card to BestBuy (I know to never get my parts from there, but whatever) and I ended up with a Creative SB Audigy SE. Thanks for the help guys.
Score
a b B Homebuilt system
December 8, 2011 3:05:57 AM

Best answer selected by Deemo13.
Score
!