Creating a seperate user with no background tasks

How do I create a seperate user with all the background
tasks turned off? I do a lot of video editing, and the
editor works better if I go to MSconfig and turn off all
the background tasks under the Startup Tab.

I created a new administrative user account for editing
video, but the background tasks are turned off for my
main usage account, also.

I would like to ba\e able to boot to one or the other,
with my mani one with all the tasks running, and the
other with no startup tasks.

Dave M
1 answer Last reply
More about creating seperate user background tasks

    Hi Dave,

    Configuring the startup applications per-user is easier (Just placing the
    HKLM RUN entries to the HKCU area and vice-versa). Though this can be done
    manually (by exporting and modifying the REG files), there is an utility
    written by Spencer, of www.experts-exchange.com

    Flip Startup Items Version 1.1.0.1
    http://www.geocities.com/eecrazyone/crazyone.html

    Only the entries under these two locations can be flipped.
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

    Also note that Anti-virus and firewalls run Services as a per-machine
    setting. The above procedure is intended only for switching application
    startups from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE TO HKEY_CURRENT_USER and vice-versa.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Window XP Shell/User

    "Dave M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    How do I create a seperate user with all the background
    tasks turned off? I do a lot of video editing, and the
    editor works better if I go to MSconfig and turn off all
    the background tasks under the Startup Tab.

    I created a new administrative user account for editing
    video, but the background tasks are turned off for my
    main usage account, also.

    I would like to ba\e able to boot to one or the other,
    with my mani one with all the tasks running, and the
    other with no startup tasks.

    Dave M

Configuration Customization Windows XP