Watch PSP movies while driving

Just flip down the visor, have the PSP plugged into the cigarette
lighter, the audio pumped through the car stereo, watch movies while
driving.

http://members.cox.net/jpsimpson/1.jpg
22 answers Last reply
More about watch movies driving

    Blig Merk wrote:

    > Just flip down the visor, have the PSP plugged into the cigarette
    > lighter, the audio pumped through the car stereo, watch movies while
    > driving.

    A perfect title for this setup would be David Cronenberg's Crash. Hopefully
    no one is stupid enough to ever watch movies WHILE driving.

    -Z-

    Zackman wrote:
    > Blig Merk wrote:
    >
    > > Just flip down the visor, have the PSP plugged into the cigarette
    > > lighter, the audio pumped through the car stereo, watch movies
    while
    > > driving.
    >
    > Hopefully no one is stupid enough to ever watch movies WHILE driving.

    You do realize who posted this, right?

    What an idiot! I hope that you only kill yourself in the accident.

    "Bugman" <jmposing@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > There is this guy that I see on the expressway some mornings that reads
    > his
    > newspaper as he drives. He has it spread out on the steering wheel. I try
    > to stay ahead of him.

    I think a local guy around here tops that. He drives with his 4 yr old kid
    sitting on his lap and the kid steering the vehicle. This is no lie. I
    have seen him do it twice now but never had the foresight at the time to
    report him. Usually I would not report motoring offences but this guy is
    seriously risking his kid's life. If he has to do an emergency stop his kid
    would get crushed between him and the steering wheel.

    "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

    > "Bugman" <jmposing@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >

    >> There is this guy that I see on the expressway some mornings that reads
    >> his
    >> newspaper as he drives. He has it spread out on the steering wheel. I
    >> try
    >> to stay ahead of him.
    >
    > I think a local guy around here tops that. He drives with his 4 yr old
    > kid sitting on his lap and the kid steering the vehicle. This is no lie.
    > I have seen him do it twice now but never had the foresight at the time to
    > report him. Usually I would not report motoring offences but this guy is
    > seriously risking his kid's life. If he has to do an emergency stop his
    > kid would get crushed between him and the steering wheel.

    I remember that I used to do that back in the day. Now with air bags, the
    proximity to the wheel would cause him to be suffocated by the bag.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Bilgecunt wrote:

    > [Y]ou have to bring your sourpuss killjoy persona
    > to the Playstation 2 group?

    Make Holley a deal: He'll check his "sourpuss killjoy" persona at the
    AGVPS2 door the same time you stop panic-trolling the Xbox newsgroup.
    Lamentably, you've been doing the latter since the second or third day
    AGVX came into being, and you've never once exhibited a sign of relent.
    So for you it's a no-win situation, huh?
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Bugman <jmposing@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > There is this guy that I see on the expressway some mornings that reads his
    > newspaper as he drives. He has it spread out on the steering wheel. I try
    > to stay ahead of him.

    I have seen people do that - and one was drinking coffee while reading the
    paper and driving! On the freeway! Eep!
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Chareth Cutestory wrote:

    > Make Holley a deal: He'll check his "sourpuss killjoy" persona at the
    > AGVPS2 door the same time you stop panic-trolling the Xbox newsgroup.

    If that's the case, I look forward to enjoying RPH's sourpussery well into
    my twilight years.

    -Z-
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Mattinglyfan wrote:

    > I remember that I used to do that back in the day. Now with air
    > bags, the proximity to the wheel would cause him to be suffocated by
    > the bag.

    Airbags only stay inflated for a second. More likely he'd be injured or even
    killed by the impact of the bag, sitting that close to the wheel. If the guy
    Beck is talking about is driving a vehicle with airbags, he could end up
    killing his child with nothing more than a minor fender bender.

    -Z-
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
    > Blig Merk wrote:
    >
    > > Just flip down the visor, have the PSP plugged into the cigarette
    > > lighter, the audio pumped through the car stereo, watch movies while
    > > driving.
    >
    > A perfect title for this setup would be David Cronenberg's Crash.
    Hopefully
    > no one is stupid enough to ever watch movies WHILE driving.

    Obviously bilgefake is. There are idiots that stupid that have in-dash DVD
    players that are only supposed to work when the car is in park, but have
    rigged them to work while driving.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Donald Richter" <GrGoblin@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

    > "Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
    >> Blig Merk wrote:
    >>
    >> > Just flip down the visor, have the PSP plugged into the cigarette
    >> > lighter, the audio pumped through the car stereo, watch movies while
    >> > driving.
    >>
    >> A perfect title for this setup would be David Cronenberg's Crash.
    > Hopefully
    >> no one is stupid enough to ever watch movies WHILE driving.
    >
    > Obviously bilgefake is. There are idiots that stupid that have in-dash
    > DVD
    > players that are only supposed to work when the car is in park, but have
    > rigged them to work while driving.

    I was under the impression that whose were for the front seat passenger to
    watch ;p
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Zackman <zackman@spamisevilearthling.net> wrote:

    > Airbags only stay inflated for a second. More likely he'd be injured or even
    > killed by the impact of the bag, sitting that close to the wheel. If the guy
    > Beck is talking about is driving a vehicle with airbags, he could end up
    > killing his child with nothing more than a minor fender bender.

    The airbags may only stay inflated for a second, but it's quite a violent
    second.

    My wife got into an accident going *just* fast enough to trigger the
    airbags in her car. The airbags did more damage to her and the car than
    the actual accident did. The airbags cut her chin, knocked her glasses
    into the back seat, knocked the rear-view mirror off the windshield -
    cracking the windshield, and filled the car with so much smoke/dust that
    she was still coughing it up a week later.

    I can't imagine what that would have done to a child.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Doug Jacobs wrote:

    > The airbags may only stay inflated for a second, but it's quite a
    > violent second.

    I know, I just meant that the movie version of airbags, where they stay
    inflated like a big pillow after a crash, isn't true. Like you said, it's
    the force of the airbag's impact that's dangerous. It doesn't surprise me
    that a lot of people choose to disable theirs.

    -Z-
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
    > Zackman <zackman@spamisevilearthling.net> wrote:
    >
    >> Airbags only stay inflated for a second. More likely he'd be injured or
    >> even
    >> killed by the impact of the bag, sitting that close to the wheel. If the
    >> guy
    >> Beck is talking about is driving a vehicle with airbags, he could end up
    >> killing his child with nothing more than a minor fender bender.
    >
    > The airbags may only stay inflated for a second, but it's quite a violent
    > second.
    >
    > My wife got into an accident going *just* fast enough to trigger the
    > airbags in her car. The airbags did more damage to her and the car than
    > the actual accident did. The airbags cut her chin, knocked her glasses
    > into the back seat, knocked the rear-view mirror off the windshield -
    > cracking the windshield, and filled the car with so much smoke/dust that
    > she was still coughing it up a week later.
    >
    > I can't imagine what that would have done to a child.

    I thought I read that for some reason, air bags burn people's faces.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > Doug Jacobs wrote:
    >>
    >> The airbags may only stay inflated for a second, but it's quite a
    >> violent second.
    >
    > I know, I just meant that the movie version of airbags, where they stay
    > inflated like a big pillow after a crash, isn't true. Like you said, it's
    > the force of the airbag's impact that's dangerous. It doesn't surprise me
    > that a lot of people choose to disable theirs.
    >
    > -Z-

    I remember a scene in Final Destination 2 where this lady lost control of
    her SUV and it spun around and into some area where they were building
    something, anyway not important but some plastic piping ended up almost
    going through the back of her head and just barely missed it, when the crash
    was over it was sticking through the headrest of hte drivers seat. Well she
    was ok but when the fire department was using the jaws of life to get her
    out of the car the airbag went off forcing her head back and impaling it on
    the pipe.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

    > "Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
    >> Zackman <zackman@spamisevilearthling.net> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Airbags only stay inflated for a second. More likely he'd be injured or
    >>> even
    >>> killed by the impact of the bag, sitting that close to the wheel. If the
    >>> guy
    >>> Beck is talking about is driving a vehicle with airbags, he could end up
    >>> killing his child with nothing more than a minor fender bender.
    >>
    >> The airbags may only stay inflated for a second, but it's quite a violent
    >> second.
    >>
    >> My wife got into an accident going *just* fast enough to trigger the
    >> airbags in her car. The airbags did more damage to her and the car than
    >> the actual accident did. The airbags cut her chin, knocked her glasses
    >> into the back seat, knocked the rear-view mirror off the windshield -
    >> cracking the windshield, and filled the car with so much smoke/dust that
    >> she was still coughing it up a week later.
    >>
    >> I can't imagine what that would have done to a child.
    >>

    > I thought I read that for some reason, air bags burn people's faces.

    I wouldnt doubt it, the force and speed that they inflate could cause it to
    rub on someones face causing a friction burn.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "SDP81" <@wowway.com> wrote in message

    > "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message

    >>> The airbags may only stay inflated for a second, but it's quite a
    >>> violent
    >>> second.
    >>>
    >>> My wife got into an accident going *just* fast enough to trigger the
    >>> airbags in her car. The airbags did more damage to her and the car than
    >>> the actual accident did. The airbags cut her chin, knocked her glasses
    >>> into the back seat, knocked the rear-view mirror off the windshield -
    >>> cracking the windshield, and filled the car with so much smoke/dust that
    >>> she was still coughing it up a week later.
    >>>
    >>> I can't imagine what that would have done to a child.
    >>>

    >> I thought I read that for some reason, air bags burn people's faces.
    >>

    > I wouldnt doubt it, the force and speed that they inflate could cause it
    > to rub on someones face causing a friction burn.

    I think it was a chemical burn from something on or around the bag but I
    could be wrong.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    SDP81 wrote:

    > Well she was ok but when the fire
    > department was using the jaws of life to get her out of the car the
    > airbag went off forcing her head back and impaling it on the pipe.

    And then she drops her cigarette in ther trail of gas and the news van blows
    up and the barbed wire fence flies into the stoner dude and cuts him to
    pieces. See, airbags ARE dangerous! :)

    -Z-
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Mattinglyfan <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote:

    > I thought I read that for some reason, air bags burn people's faces.

    It's akin to carpet burn. A co-worker of mine had, well, carpet burn on
    the insides of his arms because he was holding the steering wheel with
    both hands when the airbag went off. The material the airbag is made of
    isn't very smooth (at least, not in the older cars.) So imagine having
    something just softer than a burlap sack rubbing against your skin after
    being fired from a shotgun.

    Mmm. Yeah, that's gonna leave a mark.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > Mattinglyfan <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote:
    >
    >> I thought I read that for some reason, air bags burn people's faces.
    >
    > It's akin to carpet burn. A co-worker of mine had, well, carpet burn on
    > the insides of his arms because he was holding the steering wheel with
    > both hands when the airbag went off. The material the airbag is made of
    > isn't very smooth (at least, not in the older cars.) So imagine having
    > something just softer than a burlap sack rubbing against your skin after
    > being fired from a shotgun.
    >
    > Mmm. Yeah, that's gonna leave a mark.

    Wow, how about addressing that in safety tests.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
    >> Mattinglyfan <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I thought I read that for some reason, air bags burn people's faces.
    >>
    >> It's akin to carpet burn. A co-worker of mine had, well, carpet burn on
    >> the insides of his arms because he was holding the steering wheel with
    >> both hands when the airbag went off. The material the airbag is made of
    >> isn't very smooth (at least, not in the older cars.) So imagine having
    >> something just softer than a burlap sack rubbing against your skin after
    >> being fired from a shotgun.
    >>
    >> Mmm. Yeah, that's gonna leave a mark.
    >
    > Wow, how about addressing that in safety tests.

    Friction burns on the arms and face are favorable compared to cracking ones
    head open on the steering wheel.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message

    >>> It's akin to carpet burn. A co-worker of mine had, well, carpet burn on
    >>> the insides of his arms because he was holding the steering wheel with
    >>> both hands when the airbag went off. The material the airbag is made of
    >>> isn't very smooth (at least, not in the older cars.) So imagine having
    >>> something just softer than a burlap sack rubbing against your skin after
    >>> being fired from a shotgun.
    >>>
    >>> Mmm. Yeah, that's gonna leave a mark.
    >>
    >> Wow, how about addressing that in safety tests.
    >>

    > Friction burns on the arms and face are favorable compared to cracking
    > ones head open on the steering wheel.

    So you are trying to tell me that it has to be one OR the other? Use some
    sense. Making air bags safer doesn't mean that they don't have to work.

Console Gaming PlayStation Movies Video Games