Watch PSP movies while driving

Last response: in Video Games
March 29, 2005 9:57:12 PM

Just flip down the visor, have the PSP plugged into the cigarette
lighter, the audio pumped through the car stereo, watch movies while
driving.

http://members.cox.net/jpsimpson/1.jpg
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 11:21:46 PM

Blig Merk wrote:

> Just flip down the visor, have the PSP plugged into the cigarette
> lighter, the audio pumped through the car stereo, watch movies while
> driving.

A perfect title for this setup would be David Cronenberg's Crash. Hopefully
no one is stupid enough to ever watch movies WHILE driving.

-Z-
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 1:14:42 AM

Zackman wrote:
> Blig Merk wrote:
>
> > Just flip down the visor, have the PSP plugged into the cigarette
> > lighter, the audio pumped through the car stereo, watch movies
while
> > driving.
>
> Hopefully no one is stupid enough to ever watch movies WHILE driving.

You do realize who posted this, right?
March 30, 2005 8:59:13 AM

What an idiot! I hope that you only kill yourself in the accident.

"Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Just flip down the visor, have the PSP plugged into the cigarette
> lighter, the audio pumped through the car stereo, watch movies while
> driving.
>
> http://members.cox.net/jpsimpson/1.jpg

March 30, 2005 3:55:30 PM

"Bugman" <jmposing@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> There is this guy that I see on the expressway some mornings that reads
> his
> newspaper as he drives. He has it spread out on the steering wheel. I try
> to stay ahead of him.

I think a local guy around here tops that. He drives with his 4 yr old kid
sitting on his lap and the kid steering the vehicle. This is no lie. I
have seen him do it twice now but never had the foresight at the time to
report him. Usually I would not report motoring offences but this guy is
seriously risking his kid's life. If he has to do an emergency stop his kid
would get crushed between him and the steering wheel.
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 3:55:31 PM

"Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> "Bugman" <jmposing@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>

>> There is this guy that I see on the expressway some mornings that reads
>> his
>> newspaper as he drives. He has it spread out on the steering wheel. I
>> try
>> to stay ahead of him.
>
> I think a local guy around here tops that. He drives with his 4 yr old
> kid sitting on his lap and the kid steering the vehicle. This is no lie.
> I have seen him do it twice now but never had the foresight at the time to
> report him. Usually I would not report motoring offences but this guy is
> seriously risking his kid's life. If he has to do an emergency stop his
> kid would get crushed between him and the steering wheel.

I remember that I used to do that back in the day. Now with air bags, the
proximity to the wheel would cause him to be suffocated by the bag.
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 9:21:41 PM

Bilgecunt wrote:

> [Y]ou have to bring your sourpuss killjoy persona
> to the Playstation 2 group?

Make Holley a deal: He'll check his "sourpuss killjoy" persona at the
AGVPS2 door the same time you stop panic-trolling the Xbox newsgroup.
Lamentably, you've been doing the latter since the second or third day
AGVX came into being, and you've never once exhibited a sign of relent.
So for you it's a no-win situation, huh?
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 1:26:19 AM

Bugman <jmposing@hotmail.com> wrote:

> There is this guy that I see on the expressway some mornings that reads his
> newspaper as he drives. He has it spread out on the steering wheel. I try
> to stay ahead of him.

I have seen people do that - and one was drinking coffee while reading the
paper and driving! On the freeway! Eep!
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 4:04:38 AM

Chareth Cutestory wrote:

> Make Holley a deal: He'll check his "sourpuss killjoy" persona at the
> AGVPS2 door the same time you stop panic-trolling the Xbox newsgroup.

If that's the case, I look forward to enjoying RPH's sourpussery well into
my twilight years.

-Z-
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 4:23:21 AM

Mattinglyfan wrote:

> I remember that I used to do that back in the day. Now with air
> bags, the proximity to the wheel would cause him to be suffocated by
> the bag.

Airbags only stay inflated for a second. More likely he'd be injured or even
killed by the impact of the bag, sitting that close to the wheel. If the guy
Beck is talking about is driving a vehicle with airbags, he could end up
killing his child with nothing more than a minor fender bender.

-Z-
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 1:53:20 PM

"Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
> Blig Merk wrote:
>
> > Just flip down the visor, have the PSP plugged into the cigarette
> > lighter, the audio pumped through the car stereo, watch movies while
> > driving.
>
> A perfect title for this setup would be David Cronenberg's Crash.
Hopefully
> no one is stupid enough to ever watch movies WHILE driving.

Obviously bilgefake is. There are idiots that stupid that have in-dash DVD
players that are only supposed to work when the car is in park, but have
rigged them to work while driving.
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 6:54:32 PM

"Donald Richter" <GrGoblin@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> "Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
>> Blig Merk wrote:
>>
>> > Just flip down the visor, have the PSP plugged into the cigarette
>> > lighter, the audio pumped through the car stereo, watch movies while
>> > driving.
>>
>> A perfect title for this setup would be David Cronenberg's Crash.
> Hopefully
>> no one is stupid enough to ever watch movies WHILE driving.
>
> Obviously bilgefake is. There are idiots that stupid that have in-dash
> DVD
> players that are only supposed to work when the car is in park, but have
> rigged them to work while driving.

I was under the impression that whose were for the front seat passenger to
watch ;p
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 2:15:56 AM

Zackman <zackman@spamisevilearthling.net> wrote:

> Airbags only stay inflated for a second. More likely he'd be injured or even
> killed by the impact of the bag, sitting that close to the wheel. If the guy
> Beck is talking about is driving a vehicle with airbags, he could end up
> killing his child with nothing more than a minor fender bender.

The airbags may only stay inflated for a second, but it's quite a violent
second.

My wife got into an accident going *just* fast enough to trigger the
airbags in her car. The airbags did more damage to her and the car than
the actual accident did. The airbags cut her chin, knocked her glasses
into the back seat, knocked the rear-view mirror off the windshield -
cracking the windshield, and filled the car with so much smoke/dust that
she was still coughing it up a week later.

I can't imagine what that would have done to a child.
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 2:15:57 AM

Doug Jacobs wrote:

> The airbags may only stay inflated for a second, but it's quite a
> violent second.

I know, I just meant that the movie version of airbags, where they stay
inflated like a big pillow after a crash, isn't true. Like you said, it's
the force of the airbag's impact that's dangerous. It doesn't surprise me
that a lot of people choose to disable theirs.

-Z-
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 2:58:22 AM

"Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
> Zackman <zackman@spamisevilearthling.net> wrote:
>
>> Airbags only stay inflated for a second. More likely he'd be injured or
>> even
>> killed by the impact of the bag, sitting that close to the wheel. If the
>> guy
>> Beck is talking about is driving a vehicle with airbags, he could end up
>> killing his child with nothing more than a minor fender bender.
>
> The airbags may only stay inflated for a second, but it's quite a violent
> second.
>
> My wife got into an accident going *just* fast enough to trigger the
> airbags in her car. The airbags did more damage to her and the car than
> the actual accident did. The airbags cut her chin, knocked her glasses
> into the back seat, knocked the rear-view mirror off the windshield -
> cracking the windshield, and filled the car with so much smoke/dust that
> she was still coughing it up a week later.
>
> I can't imagine what that would have done to a child.

I thought I read that for some reason, air bags burn people's faces.
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 4:34:10 AM

> Doug Jacobs wrote:
>>
>> The airbags may only stay inflated for a second, but it's quite a
>> violent second.
>
> I know, I just meant that the movie version of airbags, where they stay
> inflated like a big pillow after a crash, isn't true. Like you said, it's
> the force of the airbag's impact that's dangerous. It doesn't surprise me
> that a lot of people choose to disable theirs.
>
> -Z-

I remember a scene in Final Destination 2 where this lady lost control of
her SUV and it spun around and into some area where they were building
something, anyway not important but some plastic piping ended up almost
going through the back of her head and just barely missed it, when the crash
was over it was sticking through the headrest of hte drivers seat. Well she
was ok but when the fire department was using the jaws of life to get her
out of the car the airbag went off forcing her head back and impaling it on
the pipe.
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 6:03:45 AM

"Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

> "Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
>> Zackman <zackman@spamisevilearthling.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Airbags only stay inflated for a second. More likely he'd be injured or
>>> even
>>> killed by the impact of the bag, sitting that close to the wheel. If the
>>> guy
>>> Beck is talking about is driving a vehicle with airbags, he could end up
>>> killing his child with nothing more than a minor fender bender.
>>
>> The airbags may only stay inflated for a second, but it's quite a violent
>> second.
>>
>> My wife got into an accident going *just* fast enough to trigger the
>> airbags in her car. The airbags did more damage to her and the car than
>> the actual accident did. The airbags cut her chin, knocked her glasses
>> into the back seat, knocked the rear-view mirror off the windshield -
>> cracking the windshield, and filled the car with so much smoke/dust that
>> she was still coughing it up a week later.
>>
>> I can't imagine what that would have done to a child.
>>

> I thought I read that for some reason, air bags burn people's faces.

I wouldnt doubt it, the force and speed that they inflate could cause it to
rub on someones face causing a friction burn.
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 3:48:11 PM

"SDP81" <@wowway.com> wrote in message

> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
>>
>> "Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message

>>> The airbags may only stay inflated for a second, but it's quite a
>>> violent
>>> second.
>>>
>>> My wife got into an accident going *just* fast enough to trigger the
>>> airbags in her car. The airbags did more damage to her and the car than
>>> the actual accident did. The airbags cut her chin, knocked her glasses
>>> into the back seat, knocked the rear-view mirror off the windshield -
>>> cracking the windshield, and filled the car with so much smoke/dust that
>>> she was still coughing it up a week later.
>>>
>>> I can't imagine what that would have done to a child.
>>>

>> I thought I read that for some reason, air bags burn people's faces.
>>

> I wouldnt doubt it, the force and speed that they inflate could cause it
> to rub on someones face causing a friction burn.

I think it was a chemical burn from something on or around the bag but I
could be wrong.
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 5:20:30 PM

SDP81 wrote:

> Well she was ok but when the fire
> department was using the jaws of life to get her out of the car the
> airbag went off forcing her head back and impaling it on the pipe.

And then she drops her cigarette in ther trail of gas and the news van blows
up and the barbed wire fence flies into the stoner dude and cuts him to
pieces. See, airbags ARE dangerous! :)

-Z-
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 3:07:11 AM

Mattinglyfan <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote:

> I thought I read that for some reason, air bags burn people's faces.

It's akin to carpet burn. A co-worker of mine had, well, carpet burn on
the insides of his arms because he was holding the steering wheel with
both hands when the airbag went off. The material the airbag is made of
isn't very smooth (at least, not in the older cars.) So imagine having
something just softer than a burlap sack rubbing against your skin after
being fired from a shotgun.

Mmm. Yeah, that's gonna leave a mark.
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 3:07:12 AM

> Mattinglyfan <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote:
>
>> I thought I read that for some reason, air bags burn people's faces.
>
> It's akin to carpet burn. A co-worker of mine had, well, carpet burn on
> the insides of his arms because he was holding the steering wheel with
> both hands when the airbag went off. The material the airbag is made of
> isn't very smooth (at least, not in the older cars.) So imagine having
> something just softer than a burlap sack rubbing against your skin after
> being fired from a shotgun.
>
> Mmm. Yeah, that's gonna leave a mark.

Wow, how about addressing that in safety tests.
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 11:21:33 AM

> "Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
>> Mattinglyfan <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote:
>>
>>> I thought I read that for some reason, air bags burn people's faces.
>>
>> It's akin to carpet burn. A co-worker of mine had, well, carpet burn on
>> the insides of his arms because he was holding the steering wheel with
>> both hands when the airbag went off. The material the airbag is made of
>> isn't very smooth (at least, not in the older cars.) So imagine having
>> something just softer than a burlap sack rubbing against your skin after
>> being fired from a shotgun.
>>
>> Mmm. Yeah, that's gonna leave a mark.
>
> Wow, how about addressing that in safety tests.

Friction burns on the arms and face are favorable compared to cracking ones
head open on the steering wheel.
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 10:40:02 PM

> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
>>
>> "Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message

>>> It's akin to carpet burn. A co-worker of mine had, well, carpet burn on
>>> the insides of his arms because he was holding the steering wheel with
>>> both hands when the airbag went off. The material the airbag is made of
>>> isn't very smooth (at least, not in the older cars.) So imagine having
>>> something just softer than a burlap sack rubbing against your skin after
>>> being fired from a shotgun.
>>>
>>> Mmm. Yeah, that's gonna leave a mark.
>>
>> Wow, how about addressing that in safety tests.
>>

> Friction burns on the arms and face are favorable compared to cracking
> ones head open on the steering wheel.

So you are trying to tell me that it has to be one OR the other? Use some
sense. Making air bags safer doesn't mean that they don't have to work.
!