Sign in with
Your question

CPU Explaination

Last response: in CPUs
February 25, 2012 10:44:59 AM

Hi.
I was wondering if anny could explainsomething for me which i do not understand.
First is the HD2000 HD3000 and upcomming HD4000 on intel CPU's.
I dont understand what the HD**** is and what it dos.
I read that the new Ivy bridge will have 33% better graphic performance than the previous HD3000.
But that dosnt tell me annything xD
Is it connected to the GPU's performance?

More about : cpu explaination

February 25, 2012 11:39:11 AM

The intel sandybridge and upcoming ivybridge chip have a built in GPU. These are what you are seeing. The HDxxxx will allow you to run your computer without buying a seperate GPU as long as your motherboard supports it (H series or Z series for sandybridge). If you intend to do any gaming you shouldn't concern yourself with the integrated graphics of the intel chips and buy a regular GPU from Nvidia or AMD as these will greatly out perform the HD2000/HD3000.
a b à CPUs
February 25, 2012 12:18:03 PM

That's the quality of the graphics chip, the higher the number, the better the gpu.

HD2000 is obviously less powerful than HD3000. Seems pretty self explanatory.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
February 25, 2012 12:27:56 PM

HD4000 can not defeat a GT 210 so just buy a Ivy Bridge and buy a separate video card because you wont even be able to play games like MW3 at all.. Playing LOL(League of Legend) is playable on max setting on Intel HD4000...
February 25, 2012 12:56:50 PM

legendkiller said:
HD4000 can not defeat a GT 210 so just buy a Ivy Bridge and buy a separate video card because you wont even be able to play games like MW3 at all.. Playing LOL(League of Legend) is playable on max setting on Intel HD4000...

Look at this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otcge1cn8Os

Intel used an recorded footage being played by VLC instead of an live DX11 3D Game Demo, For the new HD 4000 (Ivy-Bridge). (They are scared that it wouldn't work.)
But guess what? The Video Lagged! :lol: 
February 25, 2012 3:08:04 PM

Lol.
Than why do people write so much about it on forums and stuff. it dosnt matter at all :/  expept perhaps office pc's getting a small boost. No man on earth would run a game on a integrated GPU thing. -.- Thx for the answears
February 25, 2012 10:27:35 PM

aleksanderness said:
Lol.
Than why do people write so much about it on forums and stuff. it dosnt matter at all :/  expept perhaps office pc's getting a small boost. No man on earth would run a game on a integrated GPU thing. -.- Thx for the answears

But actually, some of the AMD Integrated Chipsets do pretty well in some games. Especially the Fusion APU.
!