Sign in with
Your question

PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about boot/no video problems!

Last response: in Systems
November 24, 2011 7:34:49 AM

Halo Tom!

I have recently a problem with my system! when starting the pc , i have no image . i have to turn off and on the pc like 3 time until the grafic card starts. i can hear it after the 3rd time because the fan of the grafic card goes fast (higher noise) first 2 times it stays on a low speed and i do not have an image:

mainboard: AUSUS P5K SE, grafik Asus ati 3850 512MB 4gb DDR2 WIndows 7 64BIT Bootdisk SSD corsair 60gb and storage on 2tb western digital

Nice to hear about any help !!
November 24, 2011 8:03:55 AM

well then same here... sometimes i don't have picture on the monitor but after 2-3 resets then suddenly the hdd light flares on and the fans running faster. I hesitate to tinker with removing ram or power supply since it seems to be happen at random. What works before might not on the next boot.
Btw this only happen on cold boot, if i ever success boot to windows, any reboot after that will not produce this problem.
I'm suspecting the psu, but i don't have volt tester and software watt view seems to be ok (i tried running prime95 and see the voltage software). I use FSP bluestorm proII 500watt, btw.
Spec: Q8200, 4gb (2stick), gtx260, 3 WDC hd (1black, 1blue, 1green). No optical drive.
!