skitsofrenic

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
CPU: Core i5 2500k
MOBO: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB
PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series 650W (Is this enough power for a Sli build?)
GPU: Galaxy 56NPH6HS4IXX GeForce GTX 560 (Undecided on this yet but a possibility)

I would like to know if me doing Sli will be justified in my computer usage. I usually play games and watch HD videos. I play games ranging from Starcraft 2, League of Legends, Battlefield 3 and I plan on playing the upcoming MMO games which features outrageous graphics. Do you think I would need Sli?

Also, I heard when you go single card, you get the high end card while when you go Sli, you get the mid-ranged cards. 1. Is this because having two high end cards in Sli is too much of an overkill?
2. Will getting two mid-ranged cards in Sli outperform a high end card?

Solution

Seems nice. The 650W is probably enough for 560 SLI. I might get 50-100W more for peace of mind.

No, I don't think you'll need SLI. You might want a better single GPU, like a 6950 or a 560 Ti...

Seems nice. The 650W is probably enough for 560 SLI. I might get 50-100W more for peace of mind.

No, I don't think you'll need SLI. You might want a better single GPU, like a 6950 or a 560 Ti.

1. No. I guess the way you put it it's a matter of budget. One high end card is $400, while two mid range cards are 2x $200 = $400. You have a choice there. If you had a budget of $200 your only choice is to get a single mid range card.

2. Often the two mid range cards outperform a single high end card.

Solution