Sign in with
Your question

Best mobo for Intel Q8300 C2Q Processor

Last response: in Motherboards
January 1, 2013 1:53:19 AM

Hello Everyone & Happy New Year, :hello: 

I want to buy a new mobo for my old rig.
currently m having Asus P5KPL-AM/PS Mobo
Intel Q8300 C2Q Processor,
4 GB DDR 2 @ 800 Mhz

Plz suggest a good high-end mobo( high end of 2 years back :D  ) which is best for my processor.
budget is 100 $ or Indian 5000 rs.

thanks.
January 1, 2013 9:11:52 AM

No reply guys
January 1, 2013 10:00:27 AM

I asked the same thing a year ago and it took forever to get a response, the reason is this...

You won't be getting a high end 775 board for $100, period. You could get a very good refurbished board for ~180, but the prices are still high and will likely remain so. If you're desperate you could get a mATX for under 100 but then you'll obviously be limited on features, only have 2 dimms and most dont OC.

I ended up spending 3 days performing surgery on my board till it magically started to work again. If your board still works I would suggest just forgetting about swapping it out and wait to upgrade the whole system. If it currently doesn't work, then you got some tough choices to make.
January 1, 2013 6:10:06 PM

a_tay81 said:
I asked the same thing a year ago and it took forever to get a response, the reason is this...

You won't be getting a high end 775 board for $100, period. You could get a very good refurbished board for ~180, but the prices are still high and will likely remain so. If you're desperate you could get a mATX for under 100 but then you'll obviously be limited on features, only have 2 dimms and most dont OC.

I ended up spending 3 days performing surgery on my board till it magically started to work again. If your board still works I would suggest just forgetting about swapping it out and wait to upgrade the whole system. If it currently doesn't work, then you got some tough choices to make.

Thanks for reply,
my system is working fine, also i have only 2 ram sticks,
i am just thinking to buy new mobo because i thought that my currunt mobo is entry level & may bottleneck my cpu! correct me if m wrong. :sarcastic: 
!