Sign in with
Your question

Temp of one core doesn't change - Broken probe?

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Core
  • Temperature
Last response: in CPUs
February 25, 2012 3:09:50 PM

As you can see the fourth core stays im the same temperature in both idle and Prime95 small-FTT test.

Is there any other possibility than broken temperature probe?

Can I ignore this and suspect that the temp of this core is around the same with the others and proceed with overclocking this chip? What would you do?

Thanks a lot.

More about : temp core change broken probe

February 25, 2012 3:28:49 PM

HWmonitor shows same numbers as the Coretemp gadget.

Btw the sensor can't be 100% dead after all. I tried anothet stress test that causes more heat and when other cores went to as high as 45 C the fourth nudged to from 40 to 41 C.
Related resources
February 25, 2012 3:30:23 PM

i would take the heatsink off and re apply thermal paste the apply it again to be certain
February 25, 2012 3:33:35 PM

a_tractor said:
i would take the heatsink off and re apply thermal paste the apply it again to be certain

Im certainly not an expert but I'm not sure how that would help. The state of paste doesn't affect the accuracy of the sensor does it? And in my case the temp seems to constantly be lower than the other cores (in stress) so I cannot see how redoing the paste would do any good.

Or do you think that the temperature of 4th core might actually be a lot higher than the sensor shows?
February 26, 2012 4:31:52 AM

well maby the heatsink is not installed correctly in other words pushing more on the 4th core or less? it could be? probably isnt but just see?
February 26, 2012 4:32:40 AM

or even less contact with the heatsink on core 4? maby less?
!