Bf3 beta benchmarks and info

Thought I'd start a thread where people can leave bf3 benchmarks and info on it, heres what I've come across

bf3 beta benchmark
http://h4.abload.de/img/battlefield-3-beta-gpu5p0n.png

bf3 beta preview and walkthrough
http://vr-zone.com/articles/battlefield-3-beta--performance-preview-screenshots-and-hd-video-walkthrough/13625-1.html.

My 5870 isn't doing too bad, hopefully with more mature drivers performance will get better
36 answers Last reply
More about beta benchmarks info
  1. Funny, top link states DX 11 max, but then on bottom by benchmarks it says DX 10 medium..... And bottom link is dead.
  2. ok this link should work
    http://vr-zone.com/articles/battlefield-3-beta--performance-preview-screenshots-and-hd-video-walkthrough/13625-1.html
  3. And I'm guessing it is dx11 with windows 7 and all those cards are dx11
  4. They really need way better drivers.None of it is optimized.Hardly notice a difference going from High to Ultra settings just a small FPS drop.And I can't tell if it's DX11 or not.Doesn't seem like it because everything looks straight edged.
  5. just wired a flux capacitor to my xfire 6950 rig. Man it flys! Getin 200fps on bf3 beta with a 180 minimum and 230 max, 200 average. google 6950 flux capacitor mod
  6. dhicks19 said:
    just wired a flux capacitor to my xfire 6950 rig. Man it flys! Getin 200fps on bf3 beta with a 180 minimum and 230 max, 200 average. google 6950 flux capacitor mod

Good for you :bounce:
  7. I still think the graphics are turned down a little.The real full game will be much more demanding graphicly.I don't think they can get much more CPU demanding my 3.8ghz quad core is already maxed.
  8. purple stank said:
    I still think the graphics are turned down a little.The real full game will be much more demanding graphicly.I don't think they can get much more CPU demanding my 3.8ghz quad core is already maxed.

wats ur spec
  9. Yeah they've said that the retail version will have better graphics than the beta and the destruction is still toned down.

This is what someone said on bf3 cpu usage but maybe not if yours is maxed at 3.8ghz

"Any modern quad core processor of at least 3.2GHz will not bottleneck the framerates in the game. The workload is evenly distributed between threads and more surprisingly, we did not see any noticable scaling when we upped the frequency or core count. Neat"
  10. Phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.8ghz
    XFX 6870
    8GB DDR3 1333mhz

I guess you could say the Phenom ii's aren't exactly modern anymore.Although I've heard of some people with 2500k's that were getting 70% usage.Maybe it's just the drivers.But then again BFBC2 was around 80% usage for me.I think it's just the Frostbite engine in general that's CPU demanding.
  11. yep probably. Cant wait to try this game tomorrow. this is why i built a beastly machine
  12. wonder what the performance will be like with 64 players, vehicles everywhere and destrcution and graphics at max?
  13. it will b so laggy the space and time continuem will halt and life will end as we know it
  14. dhicks19 said:
    it will b so laggy the space and time continuem will halt and life will end as we know it

geezus :o
  15. purple stank said:
    Phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.8ghz
    XFX 6870
    8GB DDR3 1333mhz

I guess you could say the Phenom ii's aren't exactly modern anymore.Although I've heard of some people with 2500k's that were getting 70% usage.Maybe it's just the drivers.But then again BFBC2 was around 80% usage for me.I think it's just the Frostbite engine in general that's CPU demanding.

hey,please could you tell me on what settings my 275 and i7 870 could run the game in dx 10?Thanks
  16. Well your i7 is your strongest part which is why you will get more fps than me, especially if O.C.ed.You should be able to play on high settings easily.
  17. johnners2981 said:
    ok this link should work
    http://vr-zone.com/articles/battlefield-3-beta--performance-preview-screenshots-and-hd-video-walkthrough/13625-1.html

Cool thanks!! :D
  18. I just played Caspian Border today and wow it looks gorgeous.Sorry to say though that my 6870 is well underpowerd for what BF3 can really offer.I was on high settings with no A/A or A/F and I was pulling 40fps.Looks like I'm gonna have to get another 6870 for crossfire.
  19. Yeah purple, I'm 95 percent sure ultra isn't enabled in the beta, even though you can set ti. This game is making me overclock my 5870 again,lol. I put it back to stock because I was getting plenty of frames in BC2. I can't get into Caspian, it's pass worded, do you know something I don't, hint hint
  20. They change it everyday.The password as of right now is

shoppingcartsareagoodride

I just copy and paste it.

This is the guy that posts the passwords:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/zh1nt0/
  21. Ty I got it, but even spamming it over and over doesn't get me in, curse.
  22. It takes a while but their are always people coming and going.They say that near the end of the BETA they will make it public but who knows.
  23. upgrade_1977 said:
    Funny, top link states DX 11 max, but then on bottom by benchmarks it says DX 10 medium..... And bottom link is dead.

It obviously isn't running in DX11, HD4000 and GTX200 series cards are included... must be a typo.

edit: nvm, I see what they did. They only tested the HD4870 and GTX260 using DX10, the rest is DX11. Never seen any review site do that before, it's a little misleading. They really should've made to separate charts for DX10 and DX11.
  24. celpas said:
    hey,please could you tell me on what settings my 275 and i7 870 could run the game in dx 10?Thanks

Have you checked any of the linked benchmarks? One includes a GTX260 c216, so your card should perform slightly above that. Your processor shouldn't be the bottleneck. Long story short, you're not going to be playing at max DX10 settings...

25. dragonsqrrl said:
    Have you checked any of the linked benchmarks? One includes a GTX260 c216, so your card should perform slightly above that. Your processor shouldn't be the bottleneck. Long story short, you're not going to be playing at max DX10 settings...

its using 1080p.secondly I want to know whether I can play on high settings not max.I m downloading the beta but due to crappy ISPs in our country I am having to download at a measly 40 kbps .In other words it will take at least another day before I can install the beta.I dont need a glorious 60 fps for playing.In fact I only want my minimum fps abouve 25 even if my avg fps is in 25-30.I play crysis 2 multiplayer at 30-40 fps and always pwn anyone who comes my way
  26. celpas said:
    its using 1080p.secondly I want to know whether I can play on high settings not max.I m downloading the beta but due to crappy ISPs in our country I am having to download at a measly 40 kbps .In other words it will take at least another day before I can install the beta.I dont need a glorious 60 fps for playing.In fact I only want my minimum fps abouve 25 even if my avg fps is in 25-30.I play crysis 2 multiplayer at 30-40 fps and always pwn anyone who comes my way

Sorry, you didn't specify a resolution or settings so I simply assumed the linked benchmarks would apply to you directly. So are you running 1680x1050?

Despite this, I think you can infer from the provided benchmarks that you probably won't be able to play at all high settings, maybe a mix of high/medium. You're right, min fps is what really matters, especially in a first person shooter, and you probably want to shoot for at least 25 fps. However, even with the reduced resolution, achieving this seems like a bit of a long shot at high settings.
  27. ok, just got my Beta invite (even though I did not pre-order BF3 ) ..But here's where I think it will be interesting , I recently upgraded everything BUT my GPUs , was waiting/hoping like everyone else , but of course they got pushed back , so now I'll be upgrading soon , BUT ..my current spec
    Lian Li Full tower case (plenty of room, and LOTs of add'l fans)
    2600k and 212+ (not OC'd atm , but will prolly play with that too while in the Beta)
    ASRock Z68 Xtr 4
    16GB Gskill 1600 @ 8-8-8-24 (I know, I know, but they were on sale, and I didnt feel removing the HSF to add more later)
    2TB Seagate 6G XT (no ssd, sorry Im a cheap bastard)
    on CoolerMaster 750W - 80 bronze (I think or was it silver , will look it up, anyway its the good CoolerMaster PSU , at least it has been for me)
    Monitor - Dell 24" WideScreen 1900x1200 Native
    Win 7 ultra 64bit

and ..drumroll... all still on xfx 8800GTS SLI (the 512mb Alpha Dawg edition, very slightly tweaked still on stock cooling) ..and I have not installed the new (optimized) drivers yet ..I think that was the min sys reqs anyway (might have just been GT)

so this will be a nice chance for seeing the difference ..Shiny new CPU on 4 yr old GPU with old driver VS new optimized driver ..then hopefully , upgrading GPU in next few days ..and seeing the differences in all those aspects (new CPU on old GPU and old Drivers / then new Drivers on old GPU, then new GPU and new/old drivers)...going to be fun ..

Question Is there (I assume there is) an FPS monitor in game ? net/ping monitor? any others stats monitors ? if so anyone know what the / cmds are off hand ?
    should I use a 3rd party FPS monitor (Fraps? ) or for Temps for that matter and if so what should I use ..CPUz and GPUz ? or what would you guys reccommend ?
    and while your reccomending stuff ,, what kind of new GPU should I get ? the MB will do 3 way , but not wth doube-decker cards , so 2 way SLI or Crossfire max, not that I would even go with a 3way anyway) theoretically go as high $400-$500 budget..but of course I would prefer best value/performance (dont care if its Red or Green , just as long its Quality built, problem free and lets me turn on some decent eye candy with playable rates) I usually go for the between mainstream and high-end (I was looking at 570s , I like the extra 320 bit bus, but I thought it was lacking in VRAM , only 1.25GB and thought the prices a bit too much) , I know anything in GPU is gonna be a pretty nice upgrade ..but asking opinions anyway ..sorry for the extra long post ..but thought it might be an interesting thing to go thru all different setups(hardware and driver wise, Im gonna play BF3 on , and thought some people might also find it interesting to see the differences )
    Cheers and thanks again for any and all help/input / opinons/advice ..see yall in there (I luvd the 1st Battlefield series , I completely missed the BF2 series due to money)
  28. what the hell is a "flux capacitor" and where can i get one???
  29. ltrazaklt said:
    Question Is there (I assume there is) an FPS monitor in game ? net/ping monitor? any others stats monitors ? if so anyone know what the / cmds are off hand ? should I use a 3rd party FPS monitor (Fraps? ) or for Temps for that matter and if so what should I use ..CPUz and GPUz ? or what would you guys reccommend ? and while your reccomending stuff ,, what kind of new GPU should I get ? the MB will do 3 way , but not wth doube-decker cards , so 2 way SLI or Crossfire max, not that I would even go with a 3way anyway) theoretically go as high $400-$500 budget..but of course I would prefer best value/performance (dont care if its Red or Green , just as long its Quality built, problem free and lets me turn on some decent eye candy with playable rates) I usually go for the between mainstream and high-end (I was looking at 570s , I like the extra 320 bit bus, but I thought it was lacking in VRAM , only 1.25GB and thought the prices a bit too much) , I know anything in GPU is gonna be a pretty nice upgrade ..but asking opinions anyway ..sorry for the extra long post ..but thought it might be an interesting thing to go thru all different setups(hardware and driver wise, Im gonna play BF3 on , and thought some people might also find it interesting to see the differences )

I honestly wouldn't go with tri-SLI, unless you really have money to burn. If you absolutely have to upgrade now, my suggestion is actually SLI GTX570's. You can find them for around $300 now (some for less with MIR) and for $600 it'll give you pretty beastly performance for the price. However, the biggest downsides to the GTX570 is the memory capacity and bandwidth, which can hold it back in certain high resolution scenarios (2560x1600+). It really isn't much of an issue now, but it terms of future proofing it might be a good idea to consider other options.

If you can wait, my preferred suggestion would be to hold out until Nvidia/AMD next gen high-end cards come out. My general rule of thumb is to wait if next gen tech is set to come out within six months, and currently both Nvidia and AMD are set to launch their high-end 28nm GPU's in Q1 2012. Hell, AMD is set to release their next gen mid range GPU's in Q4 2011 (basically revamped HD6900 series with 28nm node shrink), so if anything at least try to wait for those. Right now isn't the most ideal time to invest in new high-end graphics hardware, in my opinion.
  30. I downloaded the beta,oced my cpu to 4 ghz,oced my 275 heavily and my rig is tackling this game like a champ on high to ultra settings at 1680X1050.The chart published above is false
  31. It might of been from the Alpha.
  32. Crossfired 6990 with 6970.
    Getting 90-125ish FPS on High Settings for 2560x1600.
    90-125ish for Ultra settings for 1080p.

Ultra for 2560x1600 brings it down to 45-59 and appears kinda choppy to give me headaches.
  33. is it right that the BETA version of BF3 don't have "ultra" settings .. only "high" and ultra will be available in the full version of the game ? .. thats mean you don't get the full graphic of bf3 :(
  34. is it right that the BETA version of BF3 don't have "ultra" settings .. only "high" and ultra will be available in the full version of the game ? .. thats mean you don't get the full graphic of bf3 :(
  35. ^ I haven't noticed a difference between the two settings. I'm hearing around the horn that ultra isn't enabled in the beta. Look at some of the textures around the map, especially the sand bags and vehicles, they look terrible. I don't believe they will take a step backwards from BC2, so I'm thinking textures and other things are still not in this beta build.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Battlefield Drivers Performance Graphics