Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Show i buy FX-8120 or FX-8150?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
February 25, 2012 4:01:06 PM

Hey guys well i just have question should i get FX-8120 or FX-8150 cause it seems to me that FX-8150 is a improve from the 8120 not like phenom 1090t with 1100 but im really confused. so i would be glad if you can answer my question.

Thank you guys.

More about : show buy 8120 8150

a c 152 à CPUs
February 25, 2012 4:12:49 PM

momilwk said:
Hey guys well i just have question should i get FX-8120 or FX-8150 cause it seems to me that FX-8150 is a improve from the 8120 not like phenom 1090t with 1100 but im really confused. so i would be glad if you can answer my question.

Thank you guys.


The 8150 an improvement over a 8120..ah no. They are both Bulldozers and they both are pretty bad performers.
Score
0
February 25, 2012 5:00:17 PM

rds1220 said:
The 8150 an improvement over a 8120..ah no. They are both Bulldozers and they both are pretty bad performers.



listern here sunshine, unless you have used the bulldozer CPU's dont comment on them at all. i have 5 pc's in my house 3 AMD and 2 Intel i have abulldozer CPU and its not that bad at all, its excellent for gaming but for other hardcore stuff its not good, so if your using it for gaming then its a great piece of kit if not get a AMD 1090T save the money and leave it at that.

oh and before you start giving me a flaming read my comment in the signiture it will show i us INTEL and not AMD as my gaming choice for my pc.

depends on cost and what you need it for. but in all gaming its very good. dont listern to the fan boys of intel and haters against AMD, they know nothing and only ready the reviews and they mean nothing i can asure you, since my FX-8150 runs faster in games than whats said on toms or anywhere else even at stock speeds.
Score
0
Related resources
a c 152 à CPUs
February 25, 2012 5:18:08 PM

Pff absoloutly clueless... :pfff:  :pfff:  . Here's an idea how about you go on the internet and do some reading. You'll see the Bulldozer is a joke. It was in devlopment for how many years and it gets out performed by older Phenom II's and Athelon II and it doesnt come close to touching Sandy Bridges in most programs. You are compleatly a lost cause if you think the Bulldozer is faster at stock speeds. Clock for clock it doesnt beat a Sandy Bridges. A Bulldozer has to be overclcked just to be equal to a stock Intel Sandy Bridges. Thats how pathetic it is.

Yea we're fanboys..ok. Why because we state facts that are backed up by tons of reviews and benchmarks. The Bulldozer is a joke and so are the AMD fanboys that fanatically try to justify what they bought with false claims and down right lies.
Score
0
February 25, 2012 5:36:52 PM

rds1220 said:
Pff absoloutly clueless... :pfff:  :pfff:  . Here's an idea how about you go on the internet and do some reading. You'll see the Bulldozer is a joke. It was in devlopment for how many years and it gets out performed by older Phenom II's and Athelon II and it doesnt come close to touching Sandy Bridges in most programs. You are compleatly a lost cause if you think the Bulldozer is faster at stock speeds. Clock for clock it doesnt beat a Sandy Bridges. A Bulldozer has to be overclcked just to be equal to a stock Intel Sandy Bridges. Thats how pathetic it is.

Yea we're fanboys..ok. Why because we state facts that are backed up by tons of reviews and benchmarks. The Bulldozer is a joke and so are the AMD fanboys that fanatically try to justify what they bought with false claims and down right lies.


look if you aint going to give this guy help with his choice then go trool another thread on intel stuff.

its you who have no clue about things sunshine. ive used old and new AMD products and also intel and Nvidia products, im not one sided like you are and also norrow minded and self obsessed with playing with intels balls and asking for man love with them.

i use what best for the job and pice at hand and this guy is obviously trying to do the same.

intel is great sure no question but AMD is good and not as crap as shemales like you that want to pleasure the intel bosses to get a good name for themself's.

i have the following at home AMD 955, 1090T, FX-8150, also Intel 2500 and the newLGA 2011 3930K all work fine with games all run things at highest level and all do whats needed and then some, so you tell me then whats so bad about things that work and do the job thats asked of them ?

my answer is nothing what so ever so go trool in a forum full of intel fangirls and all play with yourself's seeing who has the best gear ;) 

leave the forum stuff to the real people who ACTUALLY want to help people ok kid ;)  now theres a good boy ;) 
Score
0
a c 152 à CPUs
February 25, 2012 5:49:45 PM

Pff like I said cluesless fanboy. BTW so far what I posted has been alot more usefull than your fanboy garbage and sexual remarks you've been spewing. Have fun being banned.
Score
0
February 25, 2012 5:52:57 PM

rds1220 said:
Pff absoloutly clueless... :pfff:  :pfff:  . Here's an idea how about you go on the internet and do some reading. You'll see the Bulldozer is a joke. It was in devlopment for how many years and it gets out performed by older Phenom II's and Athelon II and it doesnt come close to touching Sandy Bridges in most programs. You are compleatly a lost cause if you think the Bulldozer is faster at stock speeds. Clock for clock it doesnt beat a Sandy Bridges. A Bulldozer has to be overclcked just to be equal to a stock Intel Sandy Bridges. Thats how pathetic it is.

Yea we're fanboys..ok. Why because we state facts that are backed up by tons of reviews and benchmarks. The Bulldozer is a joke and so are the AMD fanboys that fanatically try to justify what they bought with false claims and down right lies.

BD FX-8150 is a powerhouse I should know I own one did you own one ?
Score
0
a b à CPUs
February 25, 2012 5:55:59 PM

The only difference between the two parts is the stock clocks. Otherwise, they both have the same cache, unlocked multipliers, etc. I myself went with the 8120 when I did my BD build, and it has been a solid performer, almost indistinguishable from my i5 2500K.
Score
0
February 25, 2012 5:57:40 PM

The 8150 isn't at all bad. BD isn't bad either, AMDS hype just made it seem worse.
It's up to you on picking, and the 8150 is better than the 8120 but not really by muh.
Score
0
February 25, 2012 5:57:41 PM

Yes the FX-8150 would give you more performance then the FX-8120, but is the gain worth the money... I don't know, that really depends. You can overclock the 20 to perform like the 50, but that is if ure willing to do the work to get there. In terms of best performance for the dollar ratio, u cannot beat a i5 2500k overclocked to a bit over 4gHz right now - this can be accomplished on a relatively inexpensive air cooler, and isn't that difficult to do.
Score
0
a c 152 à CPUs
February 25, 2012 6:01:16 PM

Boopoo said:
BD FX-8150 is a powerhouse I should know I own one did you own one ?


I dont have to. All I have to do is look at the benchmarks to see its a piss poor performer especially when its gettimg beaten out by dual core CPU's and older Phenom II's and Athelon II's.
Score
0
February 25, 2012 6:02:59 PM

rds1220 said:
I dont have to. All I have to do is look at the benchmarks to see its a piss poor performer especially when its gettimg beaten out by dual core CPU's and older Phenom II's and Athelon II's.

Propaganda go home ^
Score
0

Best solution

a c 83 à CPUs
February 25, 2012 6:05:41 PM

Difference between FX 8120 and FX 8150 is the same as the difference between Phenom II X6 1090T and 1100T, it's just a different multiplier out of factory to give it a different clock speed, and both will overclock about the same.

Personally I would get the 8120, but I have access to microcenter and can get it with a free motherboard, makes the price difference a good $140 between the 2 for me.

If for gaming I'd also go Intel instead, the FX 8xxx isn't any better than the FX 4xxx for gaming, it's only in a variety of applications that can use 8 threads that the FX 8xxx is even worth considering.
Share
a b à CPUs
February 25, 2012 6:06:32 PM

rds1220 said:
I dont have to. All I have to do is look at the benchmarks to see its a piss poor performer especially when its gettimg beaten out by dual core CPU's and older Phenom II's and Athelon II's.


this guys tests show that the 8150 is pretty close to the i5 2500k in real world gaming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kd4dvLJQP4
Score
0
February 25, 2012 6:10:00 PM

loneninja said:
Difference between FX 8120 and FX 8150 is the same as the difference between Phenom II X6 1090T and 1100T, it's just a different multiplier out of factory to give it a different clock speed, and both will overclock about the same.

Personally I would get the 8120, but I have access to microcenter and can get it with a free motherboard, makes the price difference a good $140 between the 2 for me.

If for gaming I'd also go Intel instead, the FX 8xxx isn't any better than the FX 4xxx for gaming, it's only in a variety of applications that can use 8 threads that the FX 8xxx is even worth considering.





Plus 1. Well spoken, well explained. Provieded a great and relavant answer.
Score
0
February 25, 2012 6:13:24 PM

cyansnow said:
Plus 1. Well spoken, well explained. Provieded a great and relavant answer.

Actually in most games the 8150 is on par with i5 2500K minus the games where Intel and Nvidia have crippled the game code to favor Intel Nividia architecture over AMD like StarCraft2 and HAWKS 2
Score
0
a b à CPUs
February 25, 2012 6:15:20 PM

The FX CPUs aren't bad, it's just that the previous generations outperform them at a lower cost.
Don't even get me started on Sandy Bridge.

Here's a article about how they perform. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-fx-pentium-a...

Here's a hierarchy chart for gaming. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-o...

As stated before, Intel is the obvious winner at the price/performance ratio but guessing you already have a AMD mobo, I would ditch BD and go for a Thuban.

Score
0
February 25, 2012 6:17:39 PM

Boopoo said:
Actually in most games the 8150 is on par with i5 2500K minus the games where Intel and Nvidia have crippled the game code to favor Intel Nividia architecture over AMD like StarCraft2 and HAWKS 2


Yeah, the 8150 is a great chip, I was just saying that his explanation of the diff. between the 8120 and 8150 was a good answer. Also, how does your 8150 do on 3d rendering? Was thinking of making a new build using amd cpu/gpu
Score
0
February 25, 2012 6:23:19 PM

cyansnow said:
Yeah, the 8150 is a great chip, I was just saying that his explanation of the diff. between the 8120 and 8150 was a good answer. Also, how does your 8150 do on 3d rendering? Was thinking of making a new build using amd cpu/gpu

I don't do any work with my 8150 all I do with it is internet, Games, Movies and light Music and video encoding. I am sure it would work great for heavy duty tasks but I just bought it so I would not have to upgrade when apps take advantage of more cores.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
February 25, 2012 7:00:09 PM



lol.. not biased or anything...what happened to "we state facts that are backed up by tons of reviews"..

and how bout the reviews of THOUSANDS of happy bulldozer customers who actually bought and use the cpus? they are just "AMD fanboys that fanatically try to justify what they bought with false claims and down right lies"? lol..

whats more likely.. that thousands of people use the bulldozer are crazy lying fans or that your perception of the bulldozer is wrong and its not that bad? hmm? ;) 
Score
0
February 25, 2012 7:00:20 PM

*sigh* Boopoo again... Anyway...
Get a phenom ii x6 if you can. Bulldozer isn't a bad chip, it just performs worse than the phenom ii's by a small margin. Since it didn't outperform AMD's previous chips, it's got a bad rep. which depending on who you talk to is a deal breaker. If it wasn't for AMD phasing out Phenom II, many people would still make recommendations for it.

Right now, if building new, build intel. If you already have an AM3/AM3+ then you don't have much need to switch, just stick with phenom ii until piledriver comes out which should help.

To the comment suggesting to listen to reviews of the masses of random people who bought BD.
The majority of people in the world would be fine with a core2duo or Athlon II x2 as there is no perceivable difference between them and the best of the best out there since 1. majority don't need more power and won't notice otherwise. 2. most only browse the internet or watch videos and facebook.
Score
0
a c 186 à CPUs
February 25, 2012 7:06:31 PM

Isn't the fx-8120 a binned version of the 8150?
@computernewb
thousands of happy bulldozer customers :lol:  over a million happy sandybridge customers :D 
Score
0
February 25, 2012 7:11:19 PM

amuffin said:
Isn't the fx-8120 a binned version of the 8150?
@computernewb
thousands of happy bulldozer customers :lol:  over a million happy sandybridge customers :D 


The funny thing is many of the people I know, have more than one sandy bridge build. :lol: 
Score
0
a b à CPUs
February 25, 2012 7:11:26 PM

amuffin said:
Isn't the fx-8120 a binned version of the 8150?
@computernewb
thousands of happy bulldozer customers :lol:  over a million happy sandybridge customers :D 


i agree sandybridge is better but i dont think the bulldozer is as bad as people make it out to be because there are so many positive reviews from actual costumers :p 
Score
0
a c 186 à CPUs
February 25, 2012 7:13:30 PM

it's been very tempting to get an fx-4100 and a mobo because of the price at frys, I would get one for an htpc build or a system that does causual internet surfing, but the power usage is very high so I think getting an i3 would be a better choice.
Score
0
a c 152 à CPUs
February 25, 2012 7:20:43 PM

computernewb said:
lol.. not biased or anything...what happened to "we state facts that are backed up by tons of reviews"..

and how bout the reviews of THOUSANDS of happy bulldozer customers who actually bought and use the cpus? they are just "AMD fanboys that fanatically try to justify what they bought with false claims and down right lies"? lol..

whats more likely.. that thousands of people use the bulldozer are crazy lying fans or that your perception of the bulldozer is wrong and its not that bad? hmm? ;) 


Whats wrong you dont like that I posted benchmarks that show just the Bulldozer negativly. Guess what there are a ton more like that far more than the very few that show the Bulldozer in positive light.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
February 25, 2012 7:22:57 PM

momilwk said:
Hey guys well i just have question should i get FX-8120 or FX-8150 cause it seems to me that FX-8150 is a improve from the 8120 not like phenom 1090t with 1100 but im really confused. so i would be glad if you can answer my question.

Thank you guys.


Sorry you had to see this. Your innocent question became an excuse for some trolling it seems.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
February 25, 2012 7:34:07 PM

rds1220 said:
Go back to the AMD forums with all the other idiots who rhink the Bulldozer is the greatest thing since the invention of the personal computer. :pfff:  :pfff: 


Apparently the last ban did not do the job. This one is public and should be long enough to get your attention. You have violated the forum rules:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/277636-28-read-first
Quote:
Violations - It violates the Tom's Hardware Rules of Conduct if you engage in any of the following activity:
....
  • Harass, threaten, embarrass or insult other users, including sending unwanted messages, attacking race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, etc. Ad hominem attacks are not permitted.
    ....
  • Trolling, defined as knowingly soliciting strong negative responses simply for shock value.
    ....


  • You are now on vacation. Find something better to do.
    Score
    0
    March 6, 2012 1:08:08 PM

    Best answer selected by momilwk.
    Score
    0
    !