Sign in with
Your question

Please help me understand

Last response: in Systems
November 24, 2011 1:32:14 PM

I have been looking at this system all night...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

but this morning I just found this one...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If I need it for 3D rendering, I need the 64bit, the power supply and the ram, so both seem up there...

What about the AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.3GHz compared to the Intel Core i7 2600K 3.4 GHz? I have tried to research them on line, but honestly I am a fish out of water when it comes to the components of a computer.

Also why does it seem that I can't find an i5/i7 paired with an nVidia GC? It is always an AMD CPU with nVidia, or i series chip with an AMD Radeon GC! I have an 8 year old core duo system, and all I know is intel is best. But so many buy AMD's I don't know which of these two is actually a better system! Could I get some help?

ThanX so very much! Happy Thanksgiving!
HugZ!
Ariana

More about : understand

November 24, 2011 1:37:01 PM

For rendering I would lean towards the i7

Have you tried building one directly on ibuypower.com or cyberpower?
m
l
November 24, 2011 1:46:44 PM

Oh and one additional question, does the AMD processor play nice with the nVidia GC???

ThanX once more...
HugZ!
Ariana
m
l
Related resources
November 24, 2011 1:54:29 PM

Emelth said:
For rendering I would lean towards the i7

Have you tried building one directly on ibuypower.com or cyberpower?

Oh yes that is where I started my "education" on the new CPU's and other things that have changed drastically in the last 8 years! Of course I looked at their systems and by the time I had it constructed, I was well over $1400.00! And of course the last thing they want to hear is "I am on a budget." I am sadly on a budget. I need to get a bit less, but I do not know enough to build it myself, or even online at a place like ibuypower, or digital storm. They have a Protus system that I would die for at DS... but it is also a few thou!

Honestly, if I am going to have a chance at a good system before my Dell finally dies (*and that is fairly immanent!) I need to buy now.

So I should consider the i7, I was leaning that way too. Could you advise me if I should be able to swap out the GC for a GTX 560+ series ??? I have read several reviews and I am still uncertain if the i7 supports GPU, Hyperthreading or the other things like Open GL, that I need for Vue, 3dsMax and so on. I know I need an nVidia for CS5 to support CUDA. I appreciate your taking time to help me.

HugZ!
Ariana
m
l
November 24, 2011 1:57:45 PM

Yes all GPUs and CPUs can be used together and mix-matched
m
l
November 24, 2011 2:02:34 PM

Emelth said:
Yes all GPUs and CPUs can be used together and mix-matched

LOL! I guess we are stepping all over each other in this post!!! LOL! Sorry. Yeah I honestly did not know how uninformed I was until I seriously started looking for a new system, seems the chips are changing as fast as you can blink in the last few years.

I am close to hitting the buy button. One thing I have been seeing in one other thread here i was watching (*someone actually asking about the i7 computer) link> http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/327639-31-build-cheap... is that some of the components do not have their brand maker listed. Any thoughts on this issue???

ThanX!!!!
HugZ!
Me
m
l
!