Should i reseat my hs?

madmcgee

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011
I have a dx79si mobo and i7 3930k proc and the Intel closed water loop I think rs2011wc something like that. Well anyways I'm at stock settings and my CPU temp is at 42c at idle I know arctic silver 5 needs a break in period but is that normal temp for just putting it together. Or should I redo it?

Solution
Idle temps aren't a good judge. What are your temps under load, that is what really matters. Idle temps vary significantly depending on what fan speed your cooler is running at and don't affect anything, load temps are what you need to be concerned with so load up your CPU and see what you are at.
Idle temps aren't a good judge. What are your temps under load, that is what really matters. Idle temps vary significantly depending on what fan speed your cooler is running at and don't affect anything, load temps are what you need to be concerned with so load up your CPU and see what you are at.

Solution

madmcgee

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011
Sorry been busy past few days, I have a new problem now. My bios temp says 40-42c but my other programs etc. realtempgt 3.70 and coretemp and speedfan all say 30-34c which temp is right?