Closed

UMD Burner

Anyone know where to contact Sony to buy a UMD burner, I have aclient wants
me to move their photos to UMD's for demo purpose.
12 answers Last reply
More about burner

    Kenner Costen wrote:
    > Anyone know where to contact Sony to buy a UMD burner, I have aclient
    wants
    > me to move their photos to UMD's for demo purpose.

    Go away thief.

    "Kenner Costen" <kenner.costen@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Anyone know where to contact Sony to buy a UMD burner, I have aclient
    > wants me to move their photos to UMD's for demo purpose.

    hmm yeah I doubt a UMD burner would be available to the public purely for
    reasons of piracy. What is wrong with putting the photos to memory stick
    and demoing them from there?

    "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

    > "Kenner Costen" <kenner.costen@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> Anyone know where to contact Sony to buy a UMD burner, I have aclient
    >> wants me to move their photos to UMD's for demo purpose.
    >
    > hmm yeah I doubt a UMD burner would be available to the public purely for
    > reasons of piracy. What is wrong with putting the photos to memory stick
    > and demoing them from there?

    Hello, don't you really know the answer?

    Actually I got a hold of Sony today. They will be releasing a commercial UMD
    burner in the next 6 months. And the client wants them on UMD so they are
    not-changeable ont he media supplied. Since UMD games are encrypted, and the
    encryption matches a key in your PSP, they feel copying willbe near
    impossible (ok give it a few weeks ).

    I advised my client 1gb or 2gb DUO PRO's will be cheaper to begin but they
    really want it to be burned. Currently we produced DVD's and their agents
    carry portable DVD players, the PSP will just be a smaller diplay for them
    in the field and less costly then laptops to 300 agents.

    "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

    > Go away thief.

    Nice..... real nice man..... time for you to grow up, don't you think.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > Actually I got a hold of Sony today. They will be releasing a commercial
    > UMD burner in the next 6 months. And the client wants them on UMD so they
    > are not-changeable ont he media supplied. Since UMD games are encrypted,
    > and the encryption matches a key in your PSP, they feel copying willbe
    > near impossible (ok give it a few weeks ).

    Nothing is impossible. People will usually find a way round copyright :-(

    > I advised my client 1gb or 2gb DUO PRO's will be cheaper to begin but they
    > really want it to be burned. Currently we produced DVD's and their agents
    > carry portable DVD players, the PSP will just be a smaller diplay for them
    > in the field and less costly then laptops to 300 agents.

    Are 2gb pro duos out yet? I thought the current max was 1gb.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "Kenner Costen" <kenner.costen@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> Actually I got a hold of Sony today. They will be releasing a commercial
    >> UMD burner in the next 6 months. And the client wants them on UMD so they
    >> are not-changeable ont he media supplied. Since UMD games are encrypted,
    >> and the encryption matches a key in your PSP, they feel copying willbe
    >> near impossible (ok give it a few weeks ).
    >
    > Nothing is impossible. People will usually find a way round copyright :-(
    >
    >> I advised my client 1gb or 2gb DUO PRO's will be cheaper to begin but
    >> they really want it to be burned. Currently we produced DVD's and their
    >> agents carry portable DVD players, the PSP will just be a smaller diplay
    >> for them in the field and less costly then laptops to 300 agents.
    >
    > Are 2gb pro duos out yet? I thought the current max was 1gb.

    They are out. www.bestbuy.com has them.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > I advised my client 1gb or 2gb DUO PRO's will be cheaper to begin but they
    > really want it to be burned. Currently we produced DVD's and their agents
    > carry portable DVD players, the PSP will just be a smaller diplay for them
    > in the field and less costly then laptops to 300 agents.

    Hmmmm

    Portable DVD Player 150.00 - 180.00
    PSP - 250.00
    1 GB Duo - 160.00 2 GB - 240 Somthing

    Capacity
    UMD - 1.8 GB
    DVD-R - 4.7 GB
    DUO - 1 or 2 GB

    I am missing your point.....Actually, I still think i smell something fishy,
    You make no sense

    Go Away Pirate
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Mattinglyfan wrote in alt.games.video.sony-playstation2:

    > "Beck" wrote...
    >>
    >> Are 2gb pro duos out yet? I thought the current max was 1gb.
    >
    > They are out. www.bestbuy.com has them.

    I don't understand where you're seeing this, Mattinglyfan -- looking at
    BestBuy.com, I see a 2GB Memory Stick PRO, but from what I can tell, the
    highest capacity MS PRO Duo they have listed is a 1GB stick.

    None of the other websites I checked -- CompUSA, OfficeMAX, Office Depot,
    and Circuit City -- have the 2GB PRO Duo (many of them don't even have the
    1GB PRO Duo). Not even the SonyStyle website has the 2GB PRO Duo available,
    from what I see.

    Of course, I could be wrong.... <^^;;;;

    --
    Glenn Shaw • Indianapolis, IN USA
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Glenn Shaw wrote:
    > Mattinglyfan wrote in alt.games.video.sony-playstation2:
    >

    >>"Beck" wrote...
    >>
    >>>Are 2gb pro duos out yet? I thought the current max was 1gb.
    >>
    >>They are out. www.bestbuy.com has them.
    >

    > I don't understand where you're seeing this, Mattinglyfan -- looking at
    > BestBuy.com, I see a 2GB Memory Stick PRO, but from what I can tell, the
    > highest capacity MS PRO Duo they have listed is a 1GB stick.
    >
    > None of the other websites I checked -- CompUSA, OfficeMAX, Office Depot,
    > and Circuit City -- have the 2GB PRO Duo (many of them don't even have the
    > 1GB PRO Duo). Not even the SonyStyle website has the 2GB PRO Duo available,
    > from what I see.
    >
    > Of course, I could be wrong.... <^^;;;;

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat54200050027
    I think you're right.

    --

    Andrew
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Andrew" <yogig@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Glenn Shaw wrote:
    >> Mattinglyfan wrote in alt.games.video.sony-playstation2:
    >>
    >>>"Beck" wrote...

    >>>They are out. www.bestbuy.com has them.
    >>

    >> I don't understand where you're seeing this, Mattinglyfan -- looking at
    >> BestBuy.com, I see a 2GB Memory Stick PRO, but from what I can tell, the
    >> highest capacity MS PRO Duo they have listed is a 1GB stick.
    >>
    >> None of the other websites I checked -- CompUSA, OfficeMAX, Office Depot,
    >> and Circuit City -- have the 2GB PRO Duo (many of them don't even have
    >> the 1GB PRO Duo). Not even the SonyStyle website has the 2GB PRO Duo
    >> available, from what I see.
    >>
    >> Of course, I could be wrong.... <^^;;;;
    >>
    > http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat54200050027
    > I think you're right.

    My bad Glenn, I was looking at the PRO. For $700 it makes no sense at all.

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6891401&type=product&productCategoryId=cat15206&id=1095941083876

Console Gaming Sony Burner Video Games