Desktop setup keeps changing back to a default setting
when logging of the machine. The machine is connected to a
network which does not use roaming profiles' I'm really
not sure what to do to resolve this.. any ideas would be
good,

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

this could be happing if your logging on to a domain.
do you know what kind of network your logging on to ?

hit the windows key & the pause key, then the "Computer name" tab.

"Dina" wrote:

> Desktop setup keeps changing back to a default setting
> when logging of the machine. The machine is connected to a
> network which does not use roaming profiles' I'm really
> not sure what to do to resolve this.. any ideas would be
> good,

Hi,
Yes, the user is logging on to a NT4.0 Domain at the
moment..
Is there anything that can be done to resolve it?

Dina

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

You will have to talk to your Network Administrator.
This is the only way to "fix" this.

"anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote:

> Hi,
> Yes, the user is logging on to a NT4.0 Domain at the
> moment..
> Is there anything that can be done to resolve it?
>
> Dina

Hi,
I am the administrator, the thing is we've only got this
issue on one machine, and its the first time I've come
accross this, I've searched the knowledge base but can't
find anything on it? would it help by recreating the users
profile on the pc?

Dina

you haven't been messing with the security and local policy/group policy
settings, have you?

Eric