Eyefinity 6xxx Screen Tearing

CKLayoka

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
I've owned 2 different Radeon HD 6xxx series cards now (6950 and a 6970) and both are plagued by a constant screen tear.

Here are the details:
With a 2 DVI + 1 DP->DVI (using Eyefinity approved active adapters) the screen tear will either be on the DP monitor or the two DVI monitors, depending on which is designated as the "preferred display" in CCC.
With a 2 DP (using approved active adapters) + 1 DVI the screen tear will either be on the two DP monitors or the two DVI monitors.

The screen tear occurs always--on the desktop, in games, in all applications, ect.
Interestingly, when CCC is set to simply "extend" the three monitors (NOT eyefinity just a larger desktop), no such tearing occurs.

I've completely reinstalled all ATI software using Safe Mode and Driver Sweeper but no change.

This NEVER happened with my 5830 using the EXACT same setup (same monitors, 2 DVI + 1 DP->DVI).

I'm completely at a loss. I returned my 6950 because I assumed it to be a hardware issue but with my new 6970 the problem lives on. I really want to do a crossfire with 2 6950's but I don't want to spend any more money until I know what is causing this issue.

And no, this is not in any way "tolerable" or "ignorable" and CCC's Vsync and Triple Buffering options make no difference.

Here's my system if it makes a difference:
Phenom II X4 955
ASUS M4A79T Deluxe
8G Corsair 1600mhz DDR3
XFX HD-697A
WD 300G Raptor
5x Caviar Black 640G RAID 5
750 Watt Antec TruePower
Antec P193
Eyefinity-3x1920x1200

Please help because I am at a complete loss.