Newegg and warranties

kotpx3

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
I want to buy a graphics card from Newegg and it has a 3 year warranty. However I am pretty sure that you can only return items withing 30 days. If My graphics card breaks will I be able to ask Newegg to replace the graphics card since it says that it has a 3 year warranty (parts) and 2 year warranty (labor).

Solution
Most PC hardware suppliers have websites, customer tech support, online RMA applets, etc.

Normally burn-out of electrical components is NOT covered. There should be no reason for the Vid card to overheat if your case has proper airflow and the card has a proper functioning fan/heatsink. You can e-mail the Vid card suplier for a copy of the warranty if you don't have it.

beenthere

Distinguished
No the 3 year warranty is provided by the manufactuer of the graphics card. Newegg only provides a 30 day warranty/exchange/replacement warranty. After 30 days from purchase you need to contact the graphics card manufacturer for any warranty coverage.

kotpx3

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
So I would have to call up the manufacturer if my graphics card dies after 1 year and they will replace it with no fee? I pay the shipping. Also would the warranty cover the graphics card dying from overheating?

beenthere

Distinguished
Most PC hardware suppliers have websites, customer tech support, online RMA applets, etc.

Normally burn-out of electrical components is NOT covered. There should be no reason for the Vid card to overheat if your case has proper airflow and the card has a proper functioning fan/heatsink. You can e-mail the Vid card suplier for a copy of the warranty if you don't have it.

Solution