How much will additional case fans really help?

computernewb

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
hi i currently have a cooler master haf 912 case with 3 case fans. 1 in the front, 1 in the rear, and 1 on the top. How much will 2 or 3 additional case fans ( 1 in front, 1 on top, mayb 1 on the side) help my hardware? how many degrees celcius drop can i reasonably expect?

thanks! :hello:

edit: oh yea, its all 120mm fans 2000 rpm

e56imfg

Distinguished
It really depends on what your hardware is and what you do. More fans doesn't always mean better temps, but it always guarantees more noise.

If you have a power house inside (SB-E, 590), you might notice a difference in temps. If you have a i3 and a low end GPU, you most likely benefit from extra fans since the 912 is already a great performer at stock.

computernewb

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
hmm probably not worth the extra noise..

alright thanks guys

edit: oh yea currently my cpu is at 31 celcius, hard drive 28 celcius, video card 46 celcius, systin 30 celcius, cputin 34 celcius, auxtin 15 celcius, tmpin3 40 celcius, when im watching a streaming video

mediks

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
we don't know your hardware and how much your present temp, but i think these 3 fans is enough.. 1 in front for intake, 1 at the rear for exhaust and another at the top also for exhaust. But put in mind that your intake must be equal to exhaust. Push and Pull..

TRENDING THREADS