570 running at 70 degrees is that hot?

briansklein

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
I have a new Zotac gtx570 amp edition. was running at about 58 on advanced setting maxed out for about 2 weeks. This week i installed another game and noticed when i logged off that it was up to 70. Is that normal running temps and anyone know why it may have heat up a bit more than normal. I think 90 is still ok playing temp. But was weird and wanting to know if it could be an issue someone has had in the past.

Solution
Your temps may vary depending on the game being played. Some games are more demanding than others. Something like Portal 2 or various console ports won't run your GPU at full load if you have Vsync enabled, while Crysis or Metro 2033 will run your GPU at full load unless you are using the lowest possible graphics settings with Vsync on.

briansklein

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
Alright sounds good I guess still wondering why I shot up 12 degrees in one day it never ran this hot before. But I have had cards in the past run at 85-95 and never had an issue with them. I can always increase the fan speed I guess also.

Your temps may vary depending on the game being played. Some games are more demanding than others. Something like Portal 2 or various console ports won't run your GPU at full load if you have Vsync enabled, while Crysis or Metro 2033 will run your GPU at full load unless you are using the lowest possible graphics settings with Vsync on.

Solution

cuecuemore

Distinguished
^^ It could be that in one game 58 is normal and in another 70 is normal. I'm not sure what the TJM for the 570 is, but as you said, cards have run very hot in the past, and I wouldn't worry until you hit 90C on a 570 (wild guess).

plat86

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
i used to have a cheap 260gtx it had a loud fan so i locked its fan speed at 24% , saw it go 90-110 every time i played a game, did that for 2 years its now in my spare computer still working

temps fluctuate depending on the games and ambient temp i wouldn't worry unless it goes over 90