Need help on mobo?

So yeah im planning on building a pc its my first pc
the problem is i wanna use the amd fx 6100 processor but alot of motherboards require updating the bios which i cant do cause i dont have any older amd processors and i really need the fx 6100 so can anyone tell me if there is a good mobo (price doesnt matter) that supports fx 6100 without bios update thanks!
8 answers Last reply
More about need mobo
  1. Most motherboard need a bios update but you can get a gigabyte motherboard so you can update the bios using qflash directly from the post screen.
  2. Xttony said:
    Most motherboard need a bios update but you can get a gigabyte motherboard so you can update the bios using qflash directly from the post screen.

Thats awesome cause the board i was planning to buy before all that bios update nonsense was the gigabyte 990 fxa ud3!
  3. Can i get in the bios?
  4. With my mobo when the fx 6100 is in the first time!
  5. Wel you should know how to update your bios. If you don't please don't do it on your own, consult a technician.
    Put your bios files in a freshly formatted FAT32 pen drive.
    When you starts he computer, during the post press start to enter qflash
    Follow the simple instructions to update your bios.
  6. Xttony said:
    Wel you should know how to update your bios. If you don't please don't do it on your own, consult a technician.
    Put your bios files in a freshly formatted FAT32 pen drive.
    When you starts he computer, during the post press start to enter qflash
    Follow the simple instructions to update your bios.

I know how to do it but im just worried if the fx 6100 gets to post or not!
  7. You should be able to get to post screen with that processor installed. Just remember not to abort the bios update when it has started.
  8. Thanks for everything!
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards BIOS Processors AMD Product