• Drivers
  • SATA
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
January 8, 2010 10:30:53 PM

When I turn ON (cool boot) I get a message that says "SATA secondary drive 0 not found" press F1 to continue or F2 to set the BIOS. Either way I choose the drive always show up in the Device Manager and works fine, except that I always get the same message when turn ON the computer. It never does it during re-start.

Any help will be appreciated,

fgsafety

More about : sata secondary drive found

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
January 13, 2010 5:46:44 AM

Try to boot into the Safe mode (F8).
Do you still get the same message?
m
l
January 23, 2010 5:22:28 PM

Gandalf said:
Try to boot into the Safe mode (F8).
Do you still get the same message?

Thank you for replying back. Also, I'd like to apologize for not replying to you earliest.
In order to boot into the Safe Mode I have to select F1 or F2, It doesn't matter how I try to boot, the only choice I have is to press F1 or F2 first.
I have the latest updates available from Dell and Windows, the computer works fine at all times except for that annoying message I get.
I have a DVD/CD (LiteOn) writer connected in the secondary SATA port and that too have the latest driver available installed.
I'm not sure if the Bios is looking for a Hard Disk instead of a DVD/CD drive (if it makes any difference) therefore telling me that is not found.

Thank you for your help,

FG
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
January 23, 2010 6:51:51 PM

Select F2 to enter bios, find the boot options menu and make sure that your SATA drive with the OS on it is listed as the first boot hdd. Save settings before exiting.
m
l
February 3, 2010 9:34:49 PM

the SATA drive with the OS is the first boot hdd and works just fine.

Thank you.
m
l
February 9, 2010 10:12:54 PM

Gandalf said:
It is possible you might have a system file problem.
Recommend you try SFC /SCANNOW, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

I followed the instructions and this is the message I got after the scan finish.

"Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

I reboot (cold boot) the computer and got the same issue.
It is strange I keep getting the same problem, the CD/DVD Drive works fine and it's listed in the Device Manager.

Thanks Gandalf,

FG
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 9, 2010 10:31:21 PM

You say "SATA secondary drive 0 not found". Could your BIOS be looking for a drive that you do not have?
m
l
February 9, 2010 11:08:00 PM

Gandalf said:
You say "SATA secondary drive 0 not found". Could your BIOS be looking for a drive that you do not have?

It is quite possible, but I downloaded all the drives’ updates available from Dell.
For some reason it seems like it does not save the settings (AUTO) in the BIOS.
When I turn ON the PC and select F1 to continue and windows boot up normally, I perform a restart to go to the BIOS settings, the Secondary SATA 0 always shows as AUTO.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 9, 2010 11:53:12 PM

I am not that familiar with your BIOS. Can you reset your BIOS to its default configuration?
m
l
December 20, 2010 9:53:51 PM

I too have the same problem. I have a Dell Precision 390 and i just installed a new 1tb seagate drive and windows 7. when i boot i get the same issue as you do with the not finding the sata drive , hit f1 to continue. When i hit f1, windows boots up perfect and it all run fine. I just need to figure out how to stop this message coming up on boot.
Any help would be appreciated.
m
l
!