Does NCQ matter to me ?

I have just finished putting my new rig together and was surprised to see that if i want to run SATTA II in NCQ mode i have to make a diskette (floppy ) of the drivers first and install them after windows has installed. If i dont want to use NCQ i can choose IDE mode in the options and windows will just get on with it and install.
Does anyone know if this means i will loose the other performance benefits of SATTA II or will it still run at 3.0 instead of 1.5 and just not have NCQ. The MOBO in question is a ASROC 4Core twins P35.

Mactronix

Thanks for the replies can i also ask about the AHCI mode as that also wont be active if i install in IDE mode.
I believe it just makes things talk to each other nicer and also isn't relevant ?
To sum up i don't need to worry about either and i can just install in IDE mode and will still have the SATTA II speed increase IE 3.0 instead of 1.5. Is that correct ? Its just that if i definatly wont need the Diskette then i can install a card reader instead of the floppy drive.

Thanks
Mactronix

radnor

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008

Guess that is it. For you the speed bump is negligible, and its a standard or protocol that is not directly relative to SATA II. In IDE mode it work just fine.