PSP Games.

Cool, my US PSP is in stock, waiting on me to collect from my local import
shop, im in Edinburgh UK.

I have decided to get these games to start with, hopefully a fair spread of
genres and styles, well three racers :)

Wipeout Pure

Tony Hawk

Dark Stalkers

Twisted Metal

Ridge Racer

Lumines

Mercury

Anyone care to give me a quick lowdown on each of the games? Is Multiplayer
cool etc?

By the way, I would frigging die for Burnout 3 1/2 on the PSP, I really
would...

Gary.
8 answers Last reply
More about games

    I have some of those games and have played most of the others, here are my
    thoughs

    Wipeout Pure is a fantastic racing game, loads of speed and sytle and lots
    to accomplish, the best racer on the PSP. 9/10

    Tony Hawk is pretty much THUG2 on the PSP with extras, great graphics and
    controls. Awesome replay value. 9/10

    Darkstalkers is a great fighting game, the best on the PSP right now (the
    only one too), the controls take time to get use too. 8/10

    Twisted Metal is a fun solid action game (not a racing game) if plays like a
    3rd person action title with cars instead of people, but it is mostly a
    multiplayer game, or simulated multiplayer. Single player will get old
    quick, I can only recommend this is you have friends with the game so you
    can sit in the same room and trash each other, if not the game will get old
    in a week or two. 7/10

    Ridge Racer is a fantastic racing game, its fast and looks great. I consider
    this game to be a lot like Wipeout except wipeout use hover craft and has
    rockets. If you want a great racer get this game, if you want a great racer
    with rockets get Wipeout. 8.8/10

    Lumines is insane, it is like crack. This game is addictive and is what
    portable gaming is all about. It has great visual style and music, you'll be
    playing this for a long long time. Its my #1 PSP launch title. 9.5/10

    Mercury isn't out yet, but it looks like it has potential.

    Personally I own Wipeout, Lumiunes, Tony Hawk and Metal Gear Advanced (MGA
    is also an amazing game, especially for fans of the series who also enjoy
    turn based games). I've played all the others you mentioned expect for
    Mercuty and I would consider buying Darkstalkers and Ridge Racer at some
    point, I can't see myself getting Twisted Metal unless it was cheap.

    "G" <G@G.com> wrote in message
    > Cool, my US PSP is in stock, waiting on me to collect from my local import
    > shop, im in Edinburgh UK.
    >
    > I have decided to get these games to start with, hopefully a fair spread
    > of genres and styles, well three racers :)
    >
    > Wipeout Pure
    >
    > Tony Hawk
    >
    > Dark Stalkers
    >
    > Twisted Metal
    >
    > Ridge Racer
    >
    > Lumines
    >
    > Mercury
    >

    > Anyone care to give me a quick lowdown on each of the games? Is
    > Multiplayer cool etc?
    >
    > By the way, I would frigging die for Burnout 3 1/2 on the PSP, I really
    > would...
    >
    > Gary.

    Thanks for the heads up. Twisted metal, is it online multiplayer? I have
    WIFI throughout my house.

    G.

    Right now the online in TM is pretty bad poor connections, sometimes no
    connection at all. If you're buying it for online and enjoy that type of
    game it might be ok, but I'd wait and see if they fix this first.

    "G" <G@G.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the heads up. Twisted metal, is it online multiplayer? I have
    > WIFI throughout my house.
    >
    > G.

    yup, its online.. but its hard sometimes to join a game.

    G wrote:
    > Cool, my US PSP is in stock, waiting on me to collect from my local import
    > shop, im in Edinburgh UK.
    >
    > I have decided to get these games to start with, hopefully a fair spread of
    > genres and styles, well three racers :)
    >
    > Wipeout Pure
    >
    > Tony Hawk
    >
    > Dark Stalkers
    >
    > Twisted Metal
    >
    > Ridge Racer
    >
    > Lumines
    >
    > Mercury
    >

    > Anyone care to give me a quick lowdown on each of the games? Is Multiplayer
    > cool etc?
    >
    > By the way, I would frigging die for Burnout 3 1/2 on the PSP, I really
    > would...
    >
    > Gary.

    I have:
    Need For Speed
    Wipeout Pure
    NBA

    I've been playing NFS nonstop since I bought the PSP.
    I wonder if I'll ever play the other games. :)
    I might have to pick up Tiger Woods soon.

    --

    Andrew
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Andrew wrote:
    > G wrote:
    >
    >> Cool, my US PSP is in stock, waiting on me to collect from my local
    >> import shop, im in Edinburgh UK.
    >>
    >> I have decided to get these games to start with, hopefully a fair
    >> spread of genres and styles, well three racers :)
    >>
    >> Wipeout Pure
    >>
    >> Tony Hawk
    >>
    >> Dark Stalkers
    >>
    >> Twisted Metal
    >>
    >> Ridge Racer
    >>
    >> Lumines
    >>
    >> Mercury
    >>

    >> Anyone care to give me a quick lowdown on each of the games? Is
    >> Multiplayer cool etc?
    >>
    >> By the way, I would frigging die for Burnout 3 1/2 on the PSP, I
    >> really would...
    >>
    >> Gary.
    >>

    > I have:
    > Need For Speed
    > Wipeout Pure
    > NBA
    >
    > I've been playing NFS nonstop since I bought the PSP.
    > I wonder if I'll ever play the other games. :)
    > I might have to pick up Tiger Woods soon.

    Got Wipeout Pure
    Ridge Racer
    Lumines
    Ape Escape

    Really like all of them, although the loading screen in Ape Escape drive
    me mad.

    Anyone selling any PSP games here yet heh

    --
    Byron Hinson
    My Photography

    Is Ape Escape really any good? I've seen only average reviews so far. I'm
    thinking to wait on getting until it is in the bargain bin.

    "Byron Hinson" <byron@activewin.com> wrote in message
    > Andrew wrote:
    >> G wrote:
    >>
    >>> Cool, my US PSP is in stock, waiting on me to collect from my local
    >>> import shop, im in Edinburgh UK.
    >>>
    >>> I have decided to get these games to start with, hopefully a fair spread
    >>> of genres and styles, well three racers :)
    >>>
    >>> Wipeout Pure
    >>>
    >>> Tony Hawk
    >>>
    >>> Dark Stalkers
    >>>
    >>> Twisted Metal
    >>>
    >>> Ridge Racer
    >>>
    >>> Lumines
    >>>
    >>> Mercury
    >>>

    >>> Anyone care to give me a quick lowdown on each of the games? Is
    >>> Multiplayer cool etc?
    >>>
    >>> By the way, I would frigging die for Burnout 3 1/2 on the PSP, I really
    >>> would...
    >>>
    >>> Gary.
    >>>

    >> I have:
    >> Need For Speed
    >> Wipeout Pure
    >> NBA
    >>
    >> I've been playing NFS nonstop since I bought the PSP.
    >> I wonder if I'll ever play the other games. :)
    >> I might have to pick up Tiger Woods soon.
    >>

    > Got Wipeout Pure
    > Ridge Racer
    > Lumines
    > Ape Escape
    >
    > Really like all of them, although the loading screen in Ape Escape drive
    > me mad.
    >
    > Anyone selling any PSP games here yet heh
    >
    > --
    > Byron Hinson
    > My Photography
    > http://www.designerdream.co.uk/photography
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    lb02 wrote:
    > Is Ape Escape really any good? I've seen only average reviews so far. I'm
    > thinking to wait on getting until it is in the bargain bin.

    It's not a must by - but I enjoy it, and the girlfriend really likes it.
    The loading times are the worst i've seen on the PSP so far though.

    --
    Byron Hinson
    ActiveWin.com

Console Gaming PlayStation Games Video Games