Please Help (questions)

Dylan_420

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012
I am completely computer illiterate.

I want to buy a new computer to play Battlefield 3 on the highest settings for everything (ultra, I have picked up this is called).

I am trying to spend the least amount possible.

I really dont know anything about computers, if anyone can give me advice, like a specific model that would cover my bases, that would be awesome.

Thanks!

This should be in the prebuilt section, not CPUs. Can't reccomend anything without knowing your budget and what monitor/resolution you have or want. BF3 on ultra at 1080p is not cheap so the "looking to spend the least amount possible" bit makes me wonder if you really know what you're asking for

Dylan_420

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks Brett! :)

It may be a good year before I have saved enough to do this kind of purchase, so maybe it will be even a little cheaper... And I will be buying a monitor for it and keyboard and all that jazz when the time comes. For now, I was only looking for an ambiguous answer (which I got, fortunately) of appx. how much I would need.

Sorry for my illiteracy with this sort of thing, and for my out-of-place post. And thanks again! :)

rage33

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
If your not comfortable building your own computer, I would suggest finding a friend that may posses this knowledge. Building your own rig will save you a bit of cash and that way you can hand pick the components so you know exactly what is going into your system. Pre-builts are notorious for putting in shotty PSUs, fans, and cases to save money.

Battosai23

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
If you build oyur own PC for gaming then i would sugest you buy the parts yourself and either you build it (Plenty of youtubes on how(lol)) or you can have a friend build it for you. in the end you will possibly save hundreds if not more by doing it this way. it will probably take time to get the parts you need but it will be worth it.
Although make sure you get the highest price you can comforatbly afford, you get what you pay for essentially. Oh, and one last recommendation NO DELL, and make sure your parts are compatible with each other(guess that was 2 things :kaola: )

Dylan_420

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012
@ Rage and Battosai

I was considering that, but I figured it might be safer to just buy the whole thing... but your right, if I hand pick the items (with help) then I could assure every component is of the highest quality. And I do know somebody who may be able to help.

I will probably be back in the future to bounce some things off this site, thanks again all. :)