Solved

POwer Supply Seasonic or Corsair

I m confused between Seasonic S12D 850W And Corsair TX 850? which one is better ?
i m using sli . both are priced same
27 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about power supply seasonic corsair
  1. they are both excellent power supplies

    personally i like corsair

    but would be perfectly happy with either of those

    flip a coin :D
  2. ^Corsair is a really good brand like he said, but so is Seasonic, honestly just pick the one that you like, or the cheaper one.
  3. he did say they are the same price :D

    so no cheaper one
  4. Corsair PSU are Seasonics PSU with Corsair brand slapped on it.
  5. both great psu's, be happy with which ever one you choose.
  6. Hi :)

    Corsair...

    All the best Brett :)
  7. Seasonic, they make many others and their own, that corsair is made by someone else with corsair adding some protection elements to it, the oem is rumoured to be Channel Well, i've never heard of them, and corsair have not been in the business anywhere near as long as Seasonic.

    There's not a lot in it to be honest, not enough to say either way.
  8. 13thmonkey said:
    Seasonic, they make many others and their own, that corsair is made by someone else with corsair adding some protection elements to it, the oem is rumoured to be Channel Well, i've never heard of them, and corsair have not been in the business anywhere near as long as Seasonic.

    There's not a lot in it to be honest, not enough to say either way.

    Not a rumor, the original TX850 was CWT built ( think Thermaltake )
    The new TX850V2 is Seasonic built.
    Corsairs psu reputation was built using products from both oems.
  9. Both carry 5 yrs warrany.
    I'd choose Corsair.
  10. Both are top tier power supplies and both are very good. Just pick one and be happy as long as it stays alive
  11. Both brands use exactly the same parts
  12. No they don't. There are many Corsair units that are built by Channel Well Technologies(CWT), the AX 1200 is built by flextronics. The Corsair 850 TX is based on the CWT PSH platform, the TX-C is the CWT PSH II, the TX V2 is the SS-***HT platform just like the XFX non-modular units. The efficiency is a bit lower but the layout is identical. The TXM series is CWT built too.


    Now can we stop the misconception that Corsair units are Seasonic built when they have only ever had 13 models built on seasonic platforms and 25 built on CWT platforms?
  13. Quote:
    Seasonic gets my vote, both are excellent manufacturers.
    the Seasonic is 80+ (silver) and the Corsair is just 80+...

    Seasonic.


    Yeah i thought about 80PLus Silver certi. in seasonic and corsair TXV2 has 80 plus bronze, but i m still confused about both,i thinkn ishould get seasonic
    but is it as good and reputated as Corsair? please reply
  14. beside efficiency, bla-bla-bla...and other stuff else..

    ..silver certification, means you can pull power more than bronze one..:)

    850 watt bronze psu (maybe) can deliver 1 kw to, but under 80+ efficiency..pull little more and rail will be horribe..or shutdown (depend on ocp)

    850 watt silver psu can deliver 1kw power in bronze efficiency.. pull little more and (maybe) still work, but under 80 effeciency.
  15. Quaddro said:
    beside efficiency, bla-bla-bla...and other stuff else..

    ..silver certification, means you can pull power more than bronze one..:)

    850 watt bronze psu (maybe) can deliver 1 kw to, but under 80+ efficiency..pull little more and rail will be horribe..or shutdown (depend on ocp)

    850 watt silver psu can deliver 1kw power in bronze efficiency.. pull little more and (maybe) still work, but under 80 effeciency.

    :non:
    No, it doesn't.
    It means that it will pull slightly less AC power ( ~3%) from the wall to provide the DC power that the PC needs.
  16. Best answer
    delluser1 said:
    :non:
    No, it doesn't.
    It means that it will pull slightly less AC power ( ~3%) from the wall to provide the DC power that the PC needs.


    actually yes it does..:)
    usually in good brand psu, it can deliver more than the label (depend on the limiter of course).

    for the example:
    seasonic ss750 js can deliver almost 950 watt before shutdown.
    superflower platinum 550 watt can deliver 700 watt continous power with gold effeciency..

    a good 80 bronze psu, can deliver (usually) around 100 watt or more than then label before the rail became fail and full of spike/ripple.

    80 silver / gold / platinum psu, actually an bronze psu with underrated wattage in order to reach high effeciency..
    that's why, you can pull more power from it to feed your system.

    but once again, it depend on psu limiter..
  17. the seaonic is the guts of the tx850 v2
  18. Quaddro said:
    actually yes it does..:)
    usually in good brand psu, it can deliver more than the label (depend on the limiter of course).

    for the example:
    seasonic ss750 js can deliver almost 950 watt before shutdown.
    superflower platinum 550 watt can deliver 700 watt continous power with gold effeciency..

    a good 80 bronze psu, can deliver (usually) around 100 watt or more than then label before the rail became fail and full of spike/ripple.

    80 silver / gold / platinum psu, actually an bronze psu with underrated wattage in order to reach high effeciency..
    that's why, you can pull more power from it to feed your system.

    but once again, it depend on psu limiter..

    No, it doesn't
    What a power supply can provide in overload tests has nothing to do with efficiency ( it does show the quality of the components ) and is not what any psu purchase should be based on
    The ratings are there for a reason, the psu might have gone out of spec, might not have reached the efficiency level , whatever, the higher efficiency rating doesn't mean that it can provide more power
  19. I have a SeaSonic S12 Energy Plus SS-550HT 550W that I got in july of 2007 that has been running almost 24/7 and it's still going strong. I've had other seasonics in service just as long and longer, never a problem. I'd go with the seasonic though both are good.
  20. delluser1 said:
    No, it doesn't
    What a power supply can provide in overload tests has nothing to do with efficiency ( it does show the quality of the components ) and is not what any psu purchase should be based on
    The ratings are there for a reason, the psu might have gone out of spec, might not have reached the efficiency level , whatever, the higher efficiency rating doesn't mean that it can provide more power


    yes it does... :)

    all good psu can deliver power more than the label..bronze, silver, platinum, diamond....
    depend on limiter on it..

    higher component quality, newer technology, newer design, provide more breathe for the system to work out of specification.
    and since silver certification usually has higher component quality and better design than bronze, you can pull it more..
    depend on limiter on it..


    like i said before..
    superflower 550 platinum can deliver 700 watt with gold efficiency and with good rail on it.
    coolermaster gx550 80+, when you try to pull 550 watt on it, it will give you horrible rail output..

    seasonic 400 fanless gold can reach 550watt output with good rail.
    fsp saga 400 have to struggle very hard even to deliver 380 watt before fail..

    you cannot simply judge a platinum psu has the same power with a bronze psu with only difference of 10% efficiency between them. :)

    platinum/gold/silver psu actually is a underrated psu in order to reach higher effeciency..
  21. I made a resolution to not argue with noobs, last post on the subject
    Bronze rated Corsair TX750V2
    http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Corsair-TX750-V2-Power-Supply-Review/1227/8
    Silver rated Seasonic S12D 750
    http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Seasonic-S12D-750-W-Power-Supply-Review/800/8
    OMG, you were right, the Seasonic provided almost 6 watts more than the Corsair

    You've got aways to go.
  22. Quaddro you would do best to reread the terms of use before you go spouting off incorrect information. Double check your "facts" elsewhere because you have quite a bit wrong.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/terms.html
    Quote:
    You agree not to post or transmit material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, misleading, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening or invasive of a person's privacy; that otherwise violates any law; or that encourages conduct constituting a criminal offense.



    The overload tests tell you what a new unit can do, not how long it can do it for, it is not a sustained rating and treating it as such will end disasterously for the power supply long before its due time as you are running the outputs much higher than they were designed to sustain, they have some headroom built into them initially so as they age they can still do the rating over the long run, but a 1 year old unit will not be able to perform the same in the overload test as a brand new unit.


    The cooler master GX 550 W in that example is a horrible reference, the GX series is utter crap, only the GX 450 passed a review. If we compare to the Corsair HX 620 instead of a unit that fails before even getting to max load, you can see that even though it is only 80+ basic rated it can still do 120% of max load within spec.
    http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Corsair-HX620W-Power-Supply-Review/371/9


    Also, your arguement about platinum/gold/silver units being underrated units to reach higher efficiency is BS, a bronze rated unit will never reach the 90% efficiency at any load level necessary to be a gold rated unit. There are some cases of gold rated platforms being dropped down an 80+ level so they can expand the platforms capacity by 100W, but first you have to have a platform capable of high efficiency.


    In both cases, you pick a pretty crappy unit to compare it to simply to prove your point, not to provide accurate information which is wayyyy more important. There is nothing wrong with being wrong, as long as you admit it and learn from it, but don't keep posting bad information on the forums.


    Give me enough time and I can select an appropriate sample to show anything I would like, it doesn't mean that what the results show is true, it means im good at lying with statistics(BTW good book read it if you haven't).


    Now, lets try to keep things true and factual instead of drawing inappropriate conclusions from tests that weren't meant to provide them.
  23. I've read that they are both the same.
  24. I think this is going out of hand. Bottom line is, both are really good but it's also a bit of luck. You can get either a faulty psu from both seasonic and corsair or you can get really good products from either of them too. Just get either one and give us your feedback if you want to
  25. If you need longer output cables get the Corsair.
  26. delluser1 said:
    I made a resolution to not argue with noobs, last post on the subject


    wooowww... you're a super expert then..:)
    hail the (super) expert..:D

    delluser1 said:

    OMG, you were right, the Seasonic provided almost 6 watts more than the Corsair
    You've got aways to go.


    have you ever heard about protection..?
    the power limiter inside psu to prevent it burn or blow..?

    that's why i always write it with italic...depend on limiter on it..

    if you detached this component and test it, there are will be different result of it... :)

    OMG, i forgot, the post above is your last post :D


    @hunter315

    okay you're the boss :D

    but honestly, i think i dont post or transmit material that is knowingly false ,misleading, inaccurate or else..
    just post based on my experiences on many psu..and bla bla bla (too lazy to explain)

    can't wait for your appropriate sample...:)

    that's all...

    proceed to another thread...:D
  27. Best answer selected by pratmodi.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies SLI Corsair Components