Sign in with
Your question

Case fans configuration?

Last response: in Components
February 26, 2012 10:29:37 AM

My case is the Coolermaster Haf 932 which has the following cooling system

Cooling System

Front: 230 x 30 mm red LED fan x 1, 700 RPM, 110 CFM, 19 dBA (pushing air in the case)

Side: 230 x 30 mm standard fan x 1, 700 RPM, 110 CFM, 19 dBA (pushing air in the case)

Top: 230 x 30 mm standard fan x 1, 700 RPM, 110 CFM, 19 dBA (pulling air from the case)

Rear: 140 x 25 mm standard fan x 1, 1200 RPM, 60 CFM, 17 dBA (pulling air from the case)

My motherboard is the Asus P8P67 EVO which has 2 Chasis fan connectors and 1 Power fan connector.

I wanted to know should I get 2 fan splitters and connect the front and the side fan together to 1 Chasis fan connector and the rear and the top one to the other Chasis fan connector or should I get one fan splitter connect 2 fans together to one connector and the remaining two to the other Chasis connector and the Power fan connector.

Which would be better or do you have any other recomendations?

Thanks in advance
February 26, 2012 10:57:19 AM

Get FAN connector that connect to your PSU and not the motherboard chasis because it can decrease the speed of the fans because of it limited voltage but not sure if it does though, just a guess...
m
l
a b ) Power supply
February 26, 2012 11:31:51 AM

ya it will drop RPM little, i used that actually as benefit back in days hook up 4- 80mm fans on 1 header using splinters to make them quieter.
Now-days everything runs much cooler, at idle don't even need any fans while gaming set fans to full blast

Just buy simple fan controller with knobs, very convenient and easy to use
like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
can find from 10$ to 50$
m
l
Related resources
February 26, 2012 11:36:26 AM

I actually have a fan controller with knobs but it's really annoying to use I'm just searching for an automatic solution that I won't have to worry about.

I have heard about the T-balancer should I get something like that?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
February 26, 2012 12:03:59 PM

lol you made my morning :) 
anyway if you want auto, just connect front, side, top to motherboard and set it on auto in bios. Then get 4 pin molex to fan adapter for rear fan.
the 3 will adjust depending on temperature, without the need to mess with annoying knobs
m
l
February 26, 2012 12:21:17 PM

I have actually considered such an option but I believe the rear fan would be a bit too loud if I connected it to the 4 pin molex to fan adapter that's why I was thinking of connecting the front and the rear (the least important for me) with a fan splitter in the Power fan connector. I just want as much silence as possible in my system so should I connect the front and the rear together?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
February 26, 2012 2:16:31 PM

If you wanted "silent" why you get case with holes and tones of fans?
If you not into OC and sli 2 3 or 4way, all you need is 2 fans, 1 in front and 1 in back=silent.

If you want silent just turn them all off you don't need them,,,,,, maybe 1 rear is plenty
all my wife pc got is cpu fan and one inside PSU, i can't even hear that PC
no need for fans for normal use
m
l
February 26, 2012 2:30:10 PM

I'm actually into overclocking here are my computers full specs

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K at 3.30 GHz
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 EVO
Memory: Corsair Vengeance™ — 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9)
Graphics: ASUS ENGTX460 DirectCU/2DI/1GD5
SSD: Samsung 830 128GB SATA III
Hard Drive 1: Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB SATA III
Hard Drive 2: Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB SATA III
PSU: XFX ProSeries ProSeries 1000W Platinum
Monitor: LG W2753VC-PF

OVERCLOCKING

CPU: NONE
Memory: NONE
GPU: GPU clock at 884 Mhz, Memory clock at 2100 Mhz

I just want the computer to run silently when it's not doing anything intensive like gaming and to boost the fans when they are really needed that's why I'm going for automatic controlling because you get silence when that much airflow is not needed and the airflow is boosted when it's needed
m
l
!