Sign in with
Your question

Limited or no connectivity

Last response: in Networking
December 23, 2010 5:30:25 PM

Hi everyone. Today I bought a new PC so the new PC for me and the old one for my sister. The internet worked perfect on the old PC when I installed the internet drivers from motherboard disc, so I connected my internet to my new PC, installed all the drivers from motherboard CD and restarted my computer.
I saw that my internet is not connected. I unpluged the cable and plug it in again but no diffrence.
It tried to obtain the IP adress but it was set to 0.0.0.0 and the computer said it's invalid then I was like WTF is going on.
When I install Windows 7 I don't need internet drivers cuz computer detects the network when I sellect Home network.
I know this problem is often detected in Win XP SP2 but I'm using SP3.
Tried on looking for drivers in old PC then downloaded them , placed the .exe file in the USB flash and then pluged the usb flash in my new PC but still there was no connection.
Several times by clicking "Repair" button I got private adress ( don't remember the number ) but still I couldn't surf the internet also I can't download any games so this sucks.
My computer specs. are listed here:
Intel i3 540 @ 3.07 GHz
2 DDR3 1333MHz RAM
ASUS EAH5670 1 GB GDDR5 PCI-Express x16 graphics card
ASRock H55M-LE motherboard ( supports i3,i5,i7,DDR3 2600+,Intel H55 intergrated video with DVI and VGA output )
400w PSU
Realtek PCI-e GBE Family Controller - This is the network card.

Any 1 can help? I don't want to call the internet guy to fix this for money cuz I already spent a lot for this computer.

More about : limited connectivity

January 2, 2011 6:08:34 PM

didn't help. I called to the office and they fixed my problem. Thanks anyway
!