Home Network

Ron

I have 2 computers: "Athlon" with XP and "Intel" with ME.
I have tried all i know to configure the network but all
i get is the Athlon showing the athlon files and the
Intel showing the intel files. Can someone please tell me
how to get this network set up properly to exchange files
between the 2.
Thanks
Ron

ron wrote:

> I have 2 computers: "Athlon" with XP and "Intel" with ME.
> I have tried all i know to configure the network but all
> i get is the Athlon showing the athlon files and the
> Intel showing the intel files. Can someone please tell me
> how to get this network set up properly to exchange files
> between the 2.
> Thanks
> Ron

make sure they are both in the same workgroup

Eric

Ron

they are both in the same workgroup - still no joy :-(

ron wrote:
> [...]
Did you take the option in XP when setting up network to make a disk to
run on the ME computer to set up the networking?

ron wrote:

> [...]

disable firewalls, make sure they are both have NetBIOS enabled over
TCP/IP.

Eric

jeff

It could be possible that one of your cards is not working
properly. I have had a similar problem but was fixed after
I changed a card.

Ron

Ron

XP - but this option is greyed out with a check mark in
ME. Not sure what this means - but still no joy!

Ron

XP Athlon is host.
ME Intel is guest.
Host can read all shared files and folders on guest
computer.
Guest can connect to the net via the host ADSL
connection - but when trying to access files and folders
I get a "You dont have permission to access Athlon".
Hope you can help me with this last step.
Thanks again
Ron

ron wrote:

> [...]

create a user account on Athlon with the same name you log on to Intel
with--it should display on your start menu as "Log off user". or
msinfo32 should say "logged on as". or search for *.pwl in c:\windows
and see what names come up.

Eric