Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Ecs 945gct-m/1333(v3.0) pci express video card

Last response: in Motherboards
January 1, 2013 9:04:55 PM

I recently installed a evga gtx 460 se into an ecs 945gct-m/1333(v3.0) motherboard along with a 450w psu.

i reinstalled windows7 64 bit and tried installing video drivers. However both evga and nvidia's drivers say i have incompatible hardware and then exits. I checking device manager and there is a yellow triangle on intel(r) 945g/gz/gc/p/pl/ pci express root port - 2771 right clicking and looking at the properties it says "Your computer's system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to obtain a firmware or BIOS update. (Code 35)" also there is no video adapter in device manager. However, cpu-z detects that there is a geforce video card being used as the video card and sisoftware sandra detects i have the evga gtx 460 se in the pci slot. I have downloaded the latest intel chipset and flashed the bios to the latest version, but the problem still persists. i have looked through the bios and the only thing pertaining to plug and play is setting the "init display first" to pci card or pci express slot, which i set to pci express slot. i have also tried clearing the cmos but that made no difference either. The card is outputting video and the graphics card fan is spinning, evga and nvidia's drivers fail to recognize that the card is in my system and device manager reports an error in pci express root port 2771. Could anyone help with this problem?

Thanks in advance.
January 1, 2013 9:06:59 PM

i am sorry i mistakingly made this thread twice >.< please ignore this one
m
l

Best solution

January 2, 2013 6:27:32 AM

astrial said:
I recently installed a evga gtx 460 se into an ecs 945gct-m/1333(v3.0) motherboard along with a 450w psu.

i reinstalled windows7 64 bit and tried installing video drivers. However both evga and nvidia's drivers say i have incompatible hardware and then exits. I checking device manager and there is a yellow triangle on intel(r) 945g/gz/gc/p/pl/ pci express root port - 2771 right clicking and looking at the properties it says "Your computer's system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to obtain a firmware or BIOS update. (Code 35)" also there is no video adapter in device manager. However, cpu-z detects that there is a geforce video card being used as the video card and sisoftware sandra detects i have the evga gtx 460 se in the pci slot. I have downloaded the latest intel chipset and flashed the bios to the latest version, but the problem still persists. i have looked through the bios and the only thing pertaining to plug and play is setting the "init display first" to pci card or pci express slot, which i set to pci express slot. i have also tried clearing the cmos but that made no difference either. The card is outputting video and the graphics card fan is spinning, evga and nvidia's drivers fail to recognize that the card is in my system and device manager reports an error in pci express root port 2771. Could anyone help with this problem?

Thanks in advance.

I just solved a similar problem with my motherboard ECS V3 945GCTM I Perform some tests and noticed that the memory should not exceed 4GB (I mean ... having 4 gb, 2x2GB. Recognizes I PCI E slot but to remove one, my graphic card works great in my case is a Geforce 8400gs with 1GB dedicated) I hope this information will serve you my friend, greetings!
Related resources
January 2, 2013 5:42:36 PM

Athemis said:
I just solved a similar problem with my motherboard ECS V3 945GCTM I Perform some tests and noticed that the memory should not exceed 4GB (I mean ... having 4 gb, 2x2GB. Recognizes I PCI E slot but to remove one, my graphic card works great in my case is a Geforce 8400gs with 1GB dedicated) I hope this information will serve you my friend, greetings!

thank you so much! it works now, by the way the memory cannot exceed 4gb? or there can only be 1 stick of ram inside?
m
l
January 2, 2013 10:11:00 PM

nevermind i tried it myself, more than 4gb of ram causes the pci express slot to not work for some reason. Thank you very much for the solution
m
l
January 2, 2013 10:11:18 PM

Best answer selected by astrial.
m
l
January 4, 2013 4:34:07 AM

astrial said:
thank you so much! it works now, by the way the memory cannot exceed 4gb? or there can only be 1 stick of ram inside?

Some manufacturers do not mention that the total memory capacity of the motherboard also depends on the video memory, in my case I found information about my card and found in several places that could only work with 3gb of ram +1 gb of my video card I would give a total of 4GB, unfortunately I have no memory of 1GB available, so now working on asymmetrically with a 2GB memory and another with 512mb 667mhz both, so I guess if you have the same model of my motherboard (ECS 945GT MV3.0). you should have more options on how to use the remaining on your RAM slot,

(In the case of your motherboard... if have real capacity of 4GB memory ... I would recommend these options)

-It uses 2 banks of 1GB each so that work in dual channel. complete with your card.

-You can also use a bank and one of 2GB 1g in the case of your card, (I guess it's high profile 1GBgddr5) so you would have the maximum combination of system memory, 3gb +1 gb

-Another option would be to use a single bank of 2GB and upgrade your video card to one with 2GB dedicated video ( but I just saw the specs of your GPU Evga gtx 460 and the truth is not bad) is more, mine does not even reach the heels and that it also is 1GB, GeForce 8400GS is a low profile but is gddr3! nothing comparable.

Well ... first let me say I'm sorry for my bad English, I supported by a translator but at least I do not need a 100%, hahahaha! greetings!!!
m
l
Related resources
!